By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kantor said:
nordlead said:

I didn't say anything about trolls, I said better in terms of "intelligent posters". VGChartz isn't perfect either, but I doubt you'll find much better unless you are looking for fanboy specific websites like gonintendo or such.

More intelligent posters equates to less trolls, doesn't it?

And you have to admit, VGC is still awesome, but it's deteriorating in quality. We need a trigger happy mod, like ssj12

yea... so should I ban you for no reason then? is that what you want?

And no, more intelligent posters does not equate to less trolls.

If I have 20 intelligent posters and 20 trolls, I have something interesting, and hopefully controlled by the mods. If I have 40 people who all agree with my point of view in fear of being banned, then I have nothing worth my time.

@SHMUPS

I prefered the orange, and thought that way long before my name turned green.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
nordlead said:
Kantor said:
nordlead said:

I didn't say anything about trolls, I said better in terms of "intelligent posters". VGChartz isn't perfect either, but I doubt you'll find much better unless you are looking for fanboy specific websites like gonintendo or such.

More intelligent posters equates to less trolls, doesn't it?

And you have to admit, VGC is still awesome, but it's deteriorating in quality. We need a trigger happy mod, like ssj12

yea... so should I ban you for no reason then? is that what you want?

And no, more intelligent posters does not equate to less trolls.

If I have 20 intelligent posters and 20 trolls, I have something interesting, and hopefully controlled by the mods. If I have 40 people who all agree with my point of view in fear of being banned, then I have nothing worth my time.

@SHMUPS

I prefered the orange, and thought that way long before my name turned green.

I don't mean banning for no reason, that was a joke. But there are a lot of posts I have seen which I think constitute trolling, and I've reported them, and the poster hasn't been banned. Then, there are some posts that are perfectly reasonable, which I've seen people get banned for. What happens when someone is reported? Do all the mods get some red text on the side?

Your example was quite strange. What I mean is that if I have 100 intelligent posters and 50 trolls, and 50 intelligent posters leave because of the trolls, and 50 trolls join, I now have 50 intelligent posters and 100 trolls. That's what I'm talking about.

VGC is still nowhere near that, of course. It's more like 70 intelligent posters, 28 okay posters and 2 trolls. In NeoGAF, those trolls would have been banned before their six months were up. Permabanned. That's ridiculous, of course. You can't ban somebody for their first offence, a first banning should be short, and teach the person that that kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

I'm not saying that NeoGAF is a better website. It's an over-controlling bordering on fascist forum. VGC is better in pretty much every way. But NeoGAF has fewer trolls, though I don't like the measures they had to go through to achieve that.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

I don't mean banning for no reason, that was a joke. But there are a lot of posts I have seen which I think constitute trolling, and I've reported them, and the poster hasn't been banned. Then, there are some posts that are perfectly reasonable, which I've seen people get banned for. What happens when someone is reported? Do all the mods get some red text on the side?

Your example was quite strange. What I mean is that if I have 100 intelligent posters and 50 trolls, and 50 intelligent posters leave because of the trolls, and 50 trolls join, I now have 50 intelligent posters and 100 trolls. That's what I'm talking about.

VGC is still nowhere near that, of course. It's more like 70 intelligent posters, 28 okay posters and 2 trolls. In NeoGAF, those trolls would have been banned before their six months were up. Permabanned. That's ridiculous, of course. You can't ban somebody for their first offence, a first banning should be short, and teach the person that that kind of behaviour will not be tolerated.

I'm not saying that NeoGAF is a better website. It's an over-controlling bordering on fascist forum. VGC is better in pretty much every way. But NeoGAF has fewer trolls, though I don't like the measures they had to go through to achieve that.

We get a report in a queue. Anyone can deal with it, sometimes we send out warnings and users wouldn't know any better. So just because you didn't see anything doesn't mean we didn't do anything.

Yes, if you get overrun by trolls it is a problem, but I do feel that I ban more than enough people on this forum. There are a few people who I feel should have gotten banned permanently, but since another mod delt with it, I'll just wait for my next oportunity

And true, we can never really get rid of them, but 1 of two things will happen with any bad troll. 1) they'll get bored of creating new accounts as it is far easier for me to ban them. 2) they'll get bored of trolling and become a decent member as some have.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

See you in about a fortnight when you get bored and come back

omgwtfbbq said:

I was reading the "PS3 vs X360 aligned launches" thread, and I came to a realisation.

This thread has helped me come to the decision I should have come to long ago. This forum community has gone to the shits. It's full of immature idiot fanboys, on all sides. The level of conversation has gone from intelligent discourse to fanboy ramblings.

I really hate to seem so biased, but when this community was dominated by Nintendo fanboys the level of conversation was much better, now it's dominated by Sony fanboys and it hurts me to read this drivel. I don't want to be biased but it's simply true.

This will be my last post. Thanks to those who made this forum entertaining when I first joined, a couple of years ago. It looks like most of them were smarter than me and left long ago, because I haven't seen them around for a long time.

bye!

I don't know who you are, but let me tell you 2 things as you lurk your own thread while being logged off.

You just insulted over 50% of the VGC community

If you want a website dominated by Nintendo fanboys, go sign up on Nintendo.whateverfloatsyourboat website. and blog all day long with people that think and talk like you, and that would agree with everything you have to say .

Around the Network

And shave that beard!

nordlead said:
and you are going where? GAF?? Gamefaqs?? 1up?? I'm sure you won't really find any sites better than this one in terms of "intelligent posters" but whatever, see ya later

^That.  It's a shame to see people go, but if you must you must.

I learned long ago there are some threads you just don't go into because they're depressing.  Not because of the information, but mainly because of the people posting.  The only reason I will even enter a lot of those threads is only because of mod duties, otherwise, I just leave them alone.

Perhaps you could try that?

'Tis a shame, you are even older than me.
I thought I hadn't seen you post in a while.

You'll be back, they always come back moihahaha

sorry to hear this that ur leaving and all i get wat ur saying though and i also will be making the switch to neo gaf and will also be taking my bundle and pricing history thread with me

Play Me