By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Damn, back in the day you were one of the good ones BBQ (not that you aren't now), but i figured when the santa hat and beard hadn't come off the avatar by March, that you had lost some interest in the site.

I'll admit, same as most of the oldsters, the level of fanboy ramblings has gone down the crapper recently, is it wrong that i actually MISS Kwaad? Or blue? Sure they were pains in the neck, but at least they were entertaining pains! Ah well, such is life, be sure to drop in every once and awhile, after e3 we should have some good breakdowns, and plenty of popcorn :)

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Check out my daily drawings here and help keep me on task!

Around the Network
supermario128 said:
nordlead said:
Kantor said:
nordlead said:
and you are going where? GAF?? Gamefaqs?? 1up?? I'm sure you won't really find any sites better than this one in terms of "intelligent posters" but whatever, see ya later

GAF has way less trolls than VGC, but at the cost of your freedom of opinion and right to say something other than five preset phrases.

Who the hell bans Imageshack?

I didn't say anything about trolls, I said better in terms of "intelligent posters". VGChartz isn't perfect either, but I doubt you'll find much better unless you are looking for fanboy specific websites like gonintendo or such.

Best site ever!

Also, he should have posted one more time to make his post count even.....

Ehh, GoNintendo seems to be overrun with the anti-Wii trolls as of late, part of the reason why i haven't moved in there quite yet (plus the fact that nobody comments on the positive stories, all the action is in flamewars)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Don't Go!

nordlead said:
BHR-3 said:
sorry to hear this that ur leaving and all i get wat ur saying though and i also will be making the switch to neo gaf and will also be taking my bundle and pricing history thread with me

not to be a jerk, but your thread won't get stickied over there either so just be prepared. And while it is cool information and very useful it doesn't merit lots of replies so don't think that switching websites will make it instantly popular anyways.

Oh my not to be a jerk but.....

1st where in my post did i say im leaving cause my thread didnt get stickied?

2nd i never even wanted or asked a mod for it to get stickied ever i dont think im able to maintain the thread

3rd i got alot of PMs and Wall post of fans of the thread asking Y isnt it stickied yet i even made a person a VGC member with the thread if u look at one of the posts a member made an account and 1 post in that thread and never made another post in any other vgc thread yet

4th the pricing history thread currently has about 50 posts and the original pricing history thread that i made in the web section had about 50 post also b4 i had it locked cause i was new to the site and didnt know wat the web section was all about so thats about 100 post currently there are many threads in the sales section with less than 60 posts

5th it may never be popular to most but it will always be popular to me

6th how would u know that it wouldnt get stickied at gaf maybe i was already told by a high ranking member with power at gaf that as long as i get rid of all the thread info on VGC and leave VGC that i would get immediate stickied gratification at gaf?

Play Me

BHR-3 said:

2nd i never even wanted or asked a mod for it to get stickied ever i dont think im able to maintain the thread

3rd i got alot of PMs and Wall post of fans of the thread asking Y isnt it stickied yet i even made a person a VGC member with the thread if u look at one of the posts a member made an account and 1 post in that thread and never made another post in any other vgc thread yet

4th the pricing history thread currently has about 50 posts and the original pricing history thread that i made in the web section had about 50 post also b4 i had it locked cause i was new to the site and didnt know wat the web section was all about so thats about 100 post currently there are many threads in the sales section with less than 60 posts

6th how would u know that it wouldnt get stickied at gaf maybe i was already told by a high ranking member with power at gaf that as long as i get rid of all the thread info on VGC and leave VGC that i would get immediate stickied gratification at gaf?

GAF has all of 1 sticky in the gaming forum, that is why I don't think it will get stickied over there. You just seemed to get really upset that people were ignoring your thread a couple times, and I remember you complaining about it not getting stickied, so it made sense to me. I'm not trying to be a jerk and it sounds like it, but I'm just stating it how I see it. Maybe I should have said nothing though. And that sounds like GAF to refuse to share anything with VGChartz.

I really don't care if you post it over there, but to make a statement that you are leaving and taking your thread with you is sort of lame. If you really cared about contributing the info, you'd post it anywhere you visted. I would, but I really don't care for any of the other forums that I'm registered too, and GAF won't accept me cause I don't want to use my work e-mail.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

It's because the site is growing. This was a fear I've had for quite some time, and I even expressed my concerns to naz about a year ago.

As websites grow in size and in popularity, you have far more stealth trolls posting borderline comments that we can't really do anything about. And because the site is much larger, mods aren't as well acquainted with each user, so we lose that personal touch. It's not longer 100% obvious to us if a user does nothing but troll, and thus we should send them the way of Hus, and it's not as obvious to us when one user "trolls" as a joke, and it's completely out of their character to do so normally. In general, we don't know the users as well, so we don't always know when we should just go straight to a permaban, or when we shouldn't have banned at all.

We're nearing a point where every post will have to be compared strictly to the ToS. If they break the ToS, we ban. It will become a very black and white system eventually, much like that of GameSpot, and it'll probably lead to people getting banned unjustly (I was perma-banned from GameSpot for the stupidest reason ever).

Sadly, that's the way things go. This used to be a niche community for people that really cared to discuss and analyze sales numbers. Now it's becoming just another popular video game forum.

BHR-3 said:
nordlead said:
BHR-3 said:
sorry to hear this that ur leaving and all i get wat ur saying though and i also will be making the switch to neo gaf and will also be taking my bundle and pricing history thread with me

not to be a jerk, but your thread won't get stickied over there either so just be prepared. And while it is cool information and very useful it doesn't merit lots of replies so don't think that switching websites will make it instantly popular anyways.

This reads to me:  I never asked for it to be stickied, but why the hell isn't it stickied!?

Kantor said:
We need more intelligent posters

I can name pi to 7 decimal places - 3.1415926

makingmusic476 said:

It's because the site is growing. This was a fear I've had for quite some time, and I even expressed my concerns to naz about a year ago.

As websites grow in size and in popularity, you have far more stealth trolls posting borderline comments that we can't really do anything about. And because the site is much larger, mods aren't as well acquainted with each user, so we lose that personal touch. It's not longer 100% obvious to us if a user does nothing but troll, and thus we should send them the way of Hus, and it's not as obvious to us when one user "trolls" as a joke, and it's completely out of their character to do so normally. In general, we don't know the users as well, so we don't always know when we should just go straight to a permaban, or when we shouldn't have banned at all.

We're nearing a point where every post will have to be compared strictly to the ToS. If they break the ToS, we ban. It will become a very black and white system eventually, much like that of GameSpot, and it'll probably lead to people getting banned unjustly (I was perma-banned from GameSpot for the stupidest reason ever).

Sadly, that's the way things go. This used to be a niche community for people that really cared to discuss and analyze sales numbers. Now it's become just another popular video game forum.

Is it really like that? Scary thought.

But as you said, maybe it's inevitable as a website grows.

Either way, I'm happy for one thing, I prefer to get some trolls instead of getting elitistic jerks like those at GAF.

nordlead said:
BHR-3 said:

GAF has all of 1 sticky in the gaming forum, that is why I don't think it will get stickied over there. You just seemed to get really upset that people were ignoring your thread a couple times, and I remember you complaining about it not getting stickied, so it made sense to me. I'm not trying to be a jerk and it sounds like it, but I'm just stating it how I see it. Maybe I should have said nothing though. And that sounds like GAF to refuse to share anything with VGChartz.

I really don't care if you post it over there, but to make a statement that you are leaving and taking your thread with you is sort of lame. If you really cared about contributing the info, you'd post it anywhere you visted. I would, but I really don't care for any of the other forums that I'm registered too, and GAF won't accept me cause I don't want to use my work e-mail.

makingmusic476 said This reads to me:  I never asked for it to be stickied, but why the hell isn't it stickied!?

you guys are awesome ur write mm476 it does read that but i was just answering nordleads ?s

u guys are missing the point i never plan to leave vgc to go elsewhere im just trying to set a point the thread maker is leaving vgc and making a thread about it i dont see the point of it just b/c hes not agreeing with other posters or thinks it full of sony fans?

i mean he can choose not to read certain threads or posts and he still has a Nintendo section to read and post in my op i was being sarcastic i do that with all these im leaving the site threads u said it best nordlead wen u thought i was leaving "Maybe I should have said nothing though" thats wat i feel we should do with these threads

how can u sit down 1 day and say hey im not going to post in vgc ever again not 1 more post even i dont understand others views on things or get y they like there console of choice and sometimes get mad at posts but i just take deep breaths and come back to vgc at another time and post in threads that interests me

ill admit that im not into console sales the way i was in 07 or even gaming and one day i will not care much about the threads on this site but if i see a thread that has a topic that im interested in ill post in it and im sure this guy has plenty of threads that he can still enjoy

back on to some kind of point yes i do feel that my thread has qualities in it that would make it a good stickied thread and i would of never made it in vgc if i thought it didnt belong here this site is probably the best gaming sales site and it would nt make sense if gaf or any other site had that info i thought many would realize that wen i said im bringing the pricing history thread with me to gaf that alone sounds silly gaf doesnt really focus on console sales at all and y would i leave a site that has 9 forum topics as opposed to 2 and has very colorfull lay out as opposed to all grays?

leave a website? how do u leave a site ?  thats y i said it like that im taking my thread with me like im leaving a relationship or job or something its just a gaming site its not the end of the world if a site is full of immature idiot fanboys and although the community may have gone to shits its really not anybodys fault not VGCs not urs and not even the posters that u feel are making things bad for u its are societys fault

Play Me