By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's official ! VGchartz > Neogaf (europe in killzone 2)

Staude said:
Jo21 said:
staude you sucked though

more deads and kills = fail xD

lol I was doing teamwork. That's what i focused on in the match. A lot of which didn't give me any points unfortunately :p

It doesn't matter though as long as it helps the team get the victory.

I like your mentality in KZ2. I wish more idiots on the MP would have the same Idea

almost every body thinks it's a Team deathmatch game on COD4 so they get obsessed with their K/D Ratio, you know that if you have more kills than deaths will not help you in a S&D or CTF Sigh ...

Around the Network

And even if our numbers here weren't fairly accurate, we don't claim them to be perfect, flawless, or infallible in the first place. The numbers are clearly designated as estimations. Nothing more. He never stated that these were "official".

However, it IS interesting that our numbers are seen as "bullshit" being ran, even though Brett uses many of the same tactics that NPD uses to get numbers, and Brett actually checks with Wal-Mart and Toys-R-Us. Funny, NPD doesn't.

SW-5120-1900-6153

ctk495 said:

Also how can the members at GAF can get away with this kind of comments against us without getting banned?

They kinda hate the site over there. If you read their rules thingy in the FAQ section, it says that mentioning VGC is a bannable offense. Not the kind of website I'd want to be on; where I can't speak freely.

"4. VG Chartzzzzz: Long history with GAF's sales-age. Numbers are never accurate. -- Posting anything from this site will result in a ban. Our numbers are right. Theirs are wrong. Period."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184138

@Raistlinn

Is your name from the Dragonlance series? I love those books!

Anyway,

Raistlinn said:

In case you didn't notice, I came here to talk about KZ2, and in the appropriate thread. Not about NeoGAF. Well, it is partly about NeoGAF, considering this is about the KZ2 match your clan and our very own VGC clan fought recently.

VGChartz is banned because of the bullshit its owner is running with the HW/SW sales btw, it has nothing to do with the forums afaik. Isn't it nice to have some free sources of numbers? Honestly, VGC isn't entirely accurate, but the numbers give a decent estimation of how each console is doing. You don't have to wait for the official numbers to get a general idea of what's going on. That seems like a good thing to me, not bad.

Raistlinn said:

Jeebus. Quoting is such a chore. Anyway. Kinda, but you'll get used to it... if you stick around, that is. You're more than welcome to stay, just follow the forum rules. =)

AFAIK (and I witnessed it myself) VGChartz' numbers are guesstimates edited after the official numbers are released. They are pretty close though. Check through the numbers yourself, and tell me that every one is way off. They give a general idea of how things are selling. And, as time has gone on, the "guesstimates" have gotten a lot better.

Yes, I'm only answering part of your posts. I'll leave the rest up to those who know more than me. ^_^

EDIT: Made the post a bit shorter. =)

Raistlinn said:
thekitchensink said:
Raistlinn said:
thekitchensink said:

Jeebus. Quoting is such a chore. Anyway.

Interesting. I've never seen anyone quote VGChartz except mainstream media. HW owners / developers / publishers have their own numbers and/or use GfK/MC/NPD.

But yeah, if you have some link, shoot.

AFAIK (and I witnessed it myself) VGChartz' numbers are guesstimates edited after the official numbers are released.

Sorry I've taken so long to respond, it's 1:00 in the morning here in Ontario lol -_-

Here's one from the publisher of DIRT: http://www.joystiq.com/2007/06/28/codemasters-claims-dirt-sold-500-000-cites-vg-chartz/

2D Boy about World of Goo: http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2008/11/12/wii-fanboy-interviews-2d-boy-world-of-goo/ "The numbers on VGChartz are not too far off..."

But, anyway, I'm not trying to make waves, just trying to clear a few things up

As a side note, when you Google "developers cite VGChartz numbers", the first thing that comes up is your post--thought that was funny.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Gaf member in here? This just got interesting

Around the Network
Mendicate Bias said:
So we should have a Halo 3 team, Killzone 2, SSBB, Gears of War 2, Call of Duty 4, Halo Wars (I liked the multiplayer a lot) and The Conduit if it turns out to be good.

Did I miss any games with good mp?

hell yeah Halo 3 and Halo wars sign me up

Long Live SHIO!

I love the last guys comment.

The site is ok but most of the members are a bunch of know nothing assholes who like to think they are important.

It's like trying to win 1st in the race for last.

Firestorm

(Yesterday, 10:44 PM)

Chartz > NeoGAF in ability to make thread titles.
And NeoGAF > Chartz in ability to know what needs a thread... until this.

So thanks a lot for ruining everything. Can we ban you now?

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Hmmmm... Seems like there are as many people who check out VgChartz as NeoGaf to me.

So I guess NeoGaf isn't the best thing since sliced bread as they would leave you to beleive.

Funny thing is VGChartz isn't stuck up like them and bans members for mentioning or quoting NeoGaf. The ignorance is strong with Gaf. Plus they complain about sigs alot but they really do add to the personality of the members here. Plus you can always disable them if you want lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trailing 7 days Trailing 1 month Trailing 3 months Trailing 6 months Max

Percent of global Internet users who visit neogaf.com:

Yesterday 0.014%
7 day avg 0.0115%
1 month avg 0.0125%
3 month avg 0.0122%
3 month change -5%

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

BMaker11 said:
Gaf member in here? This just got interesting

There are plenty of GAF members here. I'm a GAF member. I don't post much, but I'm there.

I know makingmusic is pretty active there.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Just to let people know cause they may take what I said earlier as just a negative rant.

NeoGaf is a great source for news just as much as VGChartz can be. I just rather be here than there because you can speak your mind more freely. Although we could do with some better ways to avoid the many duplicate threads that are made or the numerous "DOOOOOOMZZZZZ" threads.