By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's official ! VGchartz > Neogaf (europe in killzone 2)

so i need to know, i've been on this site quite a while, and i still don't know.....wtf is the VgChartz vs neogaf thing? Wtf happened? I see it everywhere around and think it makes for good laughs, but I think things would be funnier for me if i actually knew why they hate us so much.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network
soulsamurai said:
so i need to know, i've been on this site quite a while, and i still don't know.....wtf is the VgChartz vs neogaf thing? Wtf happened? I see it everywhere around and think it makes for good laughs, but I think things would be funnier for me if i actually knew why they hate us so much.

Basically, Brett wanted to do what VgChartz is now at NeoGAF. The admins didn't like it, and the relationship ended. Ever since then, the head guys at GAF hate everything about VGC. It's even censored on their forums.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
BMaker11 said:
Gaf member in here? This just got interesting

There are plenty of GAF members here. I'm a GAF member. I don't post much, but I'm there.

I know makingmusic is pretty active there.

I meant a regularly active "VG Chartz is gay, Gaf rules" member

soulsamurai said:

I think it had something to do with NeoGaf had the chance to host HW and SW numbers but they didn't and VGChartz took advantage and started to release numbers publicly. So Gaf is basically upset and claims anything that comes from VGChartz is to be tooken with a grain of salt and VGChartz only updates numbers once their guesstimates are wrong and replaces them with NPD numbers. Maybe somone else though might know some more history about it.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

BMaker11 said:
outlawauron said:
BMaker11 said:
Gaf member in here? This just got interesting

There are plenty of GAF members here. I'm a GAF member. I don't post much, but I'm there.

I know makingmusic is pretty active there.

I meant a regularly active "VG Chartz is gay, Gaf rules" member.

I see, but I think that's a little unfair to Raistlinn. (who's named after an awesome character)

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
soulsamurai said:

Basically, Brett wanted to do what VgChartz is now at NeoGAF. The admins didn't like it, and the relationship ended. Ever since then, the head guys at GAF hate everything about VGC. It's even censored on their forums.

Interesting. Well I guess that was where the interest came from then.

The more you know. And knowing is half the battle.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

hmm thanks outlaw and nanaki for the attempt. Seems like an idiotic reason to be upset. At the same time though it reminds me of the microsoft and apple relationships. Bill Gates went and made his own crap and pwned

NanakiXI said:
outlawauron said:
soulsamurai said:

Interesting. Well I guess that was where the interest came from then.

The more you know. And knowing is half the battle.

Of course, this is just the gist from what I understand. 

Here is also a beauty of a post from Brett.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=712681

soulsamurai said:

hmm thanks outlaw and nanaki for the attempt. Seems like an idiotic reason to be upset. At the same time though it reminds me of the microsoft and apple relationships. Bill Gates went and made his own crap and pwned

Yes Bill Gates did pwn everything computer especially in MS hayday. Although I do give Apple credit in sticking around and being one of the top computer hardware manafactures sales wise and creating the beast that is the iPod/iPhone. Their software on the other hand is definatly PWND by MS.

NanakiXI said:
soulsamurai said:

Yes Bill Gates did pwn everything computer especially in MS hayday. Although I do give Apple credit in sticking around and being one of the top computer hardware manafactures sales wise and creating the beast that is the iPod/iPhone. Their software on the other hand is definatly PWND by MS.

oh i didn't mean anything against apple, I have nothing against them. I just prefer windows for my games since it has a lot more support.