By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's official ! VGchartz > Neogaf (europe in killzone 2)

Raistlinn said:
Hello there

GAFe leader here.

Congrats on the win.

Now a couple of things

1) We were down to 6 after 5 minutes, in case you didn't notice. PSN apparently decided to act funky for a couple of our members (or some of us had issues with your host, see below).

2) The "funny" comments you got on GAF weren't from any of my clanmates. I don't know if the guy who started the thread is one of yours, but that wasn't really a great idea. Bit childish, wasn't it? You might as well have posted in the KZ2 thread.

3) Game was laggy as hell, as it was last time we played against you. You know there's something wrong when you drop in 2 secs and you can't kill someone even if you unload half a clip right in his face.

4) Game was accepted by one of our officers without consulting anyone, so it was a bit rushed on our side.

So how about a rematch, with one of our guys hosting, and let's see how it turns out ?

I don't think any of our guys would have started that thread.

And we already commented on your side losing one early, but we also lost one before it reached halfway through.

I'd love to participate in the rematch.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Raistlinn said:

Hello there

GAFe leader here.

Congrats on the win.

Now a couple of things

1) We were down to 6 after 5 minutes, in case you didn't notice. PSN apparently decided to act funky for a couple of our members (or some of us had issues with your host, see below).

2) The "funny" comments you got on GAF weren't from any of my clanmates. I don't know if the guy who started the thread is one of yours, but that wasn't really a great idea. Bit childish, wasn't it? You might as well have posted in the KZ2 thread.

3) Game was laggy as hell, as it was last time we played against you. You know there's something wrong when you drop in 2 secs and you can't kill someone even if you unload half a clip right in his face.

4) Game was accepted by one of our officers without consulting anyone, so it was a bit rushed on our side.

So how about a rematch, with one of our guys hosting, and let's see how it turns out ?

edit: how the fuck can you post here. I mean the signatures and ads are 10 times bigger than the actual posts. wtf.

Isn't it great when someone can come on a forum and talk about their preferred alternative forum without being banned for mentioning it?  Honestly, it's like your web site is scared we'll prove a point or something.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Raistlinn said:

edit: how the fuck can you post here. I mean the signatures and ads are 10 times bigger than the actual posts. wtf.

Well, there is an option to disable signatures if you so choose. And ads allow this site to remain free and pay for the operation of it.

Yeah I think most people turn off sigs and then everything's cleaner, except for the ads.

thekitchensink said:

Isn't it great when someone can come on a forum and talk about their preferred alternative forum without being banned for mentioning it?  Honestly, it's like your web site is scared we'll prove a point or something.

I'm not sure what "point" you're talking about exactly.

And GAF is not *our* website, so we're not responsible for the mods' actions. You'd have to ask 'em.

That being said, if there was a new thread being posted just for a "omg X pwned Y" kind of message, I'm not sure it would be exactly interesting.

It's like you're on some kind of holy crusade or something? Whatever rocks your boat, I guess.

In case you didn't notice, I came here to talk about KZ2, and in the appropriate thread. Not about NeoGAF.

VGChartz is banned because of the bullshit its owner is running with the HW/SW sales btw, it has nothing to do with the forums afaik.

Around the Network
Raistlinn said:
thekitchensink said:

And GAF is not *our* website, so we're not responsible for the mods' actions. You'd have to ask 'em.

That being said, if there was a new thread being posted just for a "omg X pwned Y" kind of message, I'm not sure it would be exactly interesting.

It's like you're on some kind of holy crusade or something? Whatever rocks your boat, I guess.

If you think this is a holy crusade, then I'd recommend a sense of humor.

This thread is fun and jokes.

Raistlinn said:
thekitchensink said:

In case you didn't notice, I came here to talk about KZ2, and in the appropriate thread. Not about NeoGAF.

VGChartz is banned because of the bullshit its owner is running with the HW/SW sales btw, it has nothing to do with the forums afaik.

Sense of humour, mate, sense of humour.  We simple Chartzmen don't get many Gaffers over here 

Regarding the bolded: shall I point you to a few of the several occasions where game developers (and even some of the big three) have pointed out that they use our numbers in their official records?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Raistlinn said:
thekitchensink said:

Sense of humour, mate, sense of humour.  We simple Chartzmen don't get many Gaffers over here 

Regarding the bolded: shall I point you to a few of the several occasions where game developers (and even some of the big three) have pointed out that they use our numbers in their official records?

Not to mention we have several game developers here that are quite active.

Banning anything is dumb.

And the last time I talked to a game company they said our sales numbers perfectly matched their internal numbers.

But good luck to both teams if you get this rematch organized.

thekitchensink said:
Raistlinn said:
thekitchensink said:

Jeebus. Quoting is such a chore. Anyway.

Interesting. I've never seen anyone quote VGChartz except mainstream media. HW owners / developers / publishers have their own numbers and/or use GfK/MC/NPD.

But yeah, if you have some link, shoot.

AFAIK (and I witnessed it myself) VGChartz' numbers are guesstimates edited after the official numbers are released.