By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Anime How they turned the Best Show into the Worst

Tried watching the Luxray Ep a few days to see if it could get me back into the show... hated it...

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

Piplup ruins the new series.

Problem with the Johto episodes were that the majority of them went like this:

*Ash and friends find a new town or place not in the videogames*

*They meet a nice girl with ridiculous proportions*

*Brock ogles her*

*She has a new Pokemon that the gang has never seen before*

*It sucks*

*Team Rocket tries to get it*

*Pikachu zaps them*

*Team Rocket blasts off......again*

Plus, isn't Pikachu level 100 by now? Why does he still lose to really low level Pokemon? Is that some kind of plot TM or something?

IMO it was the pokemon that made me tune out, they just got worse with every new set. I just didn't care about them (or the new chracters)

@MontanaHatchet
LOL ridiculous proportions

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

My first Pokemon episode was Pikachu fighting Raichu. I was hooked. I had to have the game, and once I had it I wasted years with it. Now the cartoon is lame.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

That show sucked the second Ash stepped out of Kanto.

amen brother

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

SmokedHostage said:
arsenal009 said:
SmokedHostage said:
My main problem with the anime is the it was 90% filler. Other than that, I still watch on occasion.

The latest season isn't THAT bad.  There are a lot more recurring characters and this adds to the story.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was pretty good imo.  Battle Dimension is even better.  I love Gliscor and the Buneary/Pikachu moments are priceless.

Diamond & Pearl was decent, but I found  there was still too much filler.  However, I agree about Battle Dimension, it's really good so far (i've only seen the 1st half).

Brock > Tracy

Dawn > May + Max

Wake up,help some pokemon ,beat Team rocket,To be continued
(Repeat this 10-12 episodes)

Afterward:
Go to the gym,Gym leader is not there,find the gym leader,help the gym leader solve some random puzzle.

Next episode:
Challenge the gym leader,lose to the gym leader,cry emo style,train with pokemon.

Next episode:
Fight the gym leader,team rocket is on the underground of the gym,beat the gym leader,get badge,team rock is send flying...

Repeat all this process for 90 or so episodes then:
Challenge the League,loss to the league,rank top 16.

With that I summarize how most of the show work the only difference would be when they find Legendary Pokemon but not big deal.

Also I am a Pokemon hater.Gold is my favorite game of all time.
The best Pokemon episode in my opinion is when Charmander evolve into Charizard.The show was good up until Ask finished the Johto League then it went downhill and repetitive.The peak of the show is when they had Lapras and they travel the islands and Ask`s Pikachu beat Dragonite and he became champ.That was the peak and had the coolest episodes.