By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Anime How they turned the Best Show into the Worst

hmmm...maybe i'll watch Battle Dimension now..since alot of people are saying its good

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

Ash is still the retard he always was, I personally stopped watching after he let go of one of his strongest pokemon, I mean if you want to be a pokemon master then you start by keeping your strongest pokemon, evolving the weak ones like pikachu, or simply dumping it...which ash should of done ages ago with pikachu, and then training like a mother fucker.

I'm sorry to say, but unless pokemon grows up, drops the kiddy focus, and becomes more serious, like digimon did in the later series, then the pokemon anime can suck my balls cuz I ain't watching it.

I haven't seen Pokemon in years, and I still bet that the same thing is probably going on. Ash and his two goons go catch some Pokemon, beat Team Rocket, participate in gym battles/pokemon contest and that's it except for the occasional movie >.>

From what I used to watch, Digimon>Pokemon imo.

Third member of the Sonic Support Squad.  Member of the Fierce Fox Force.

Click Sonic for my main Youtube channel :D

Ash needs to get back Charizard + Sceptile + make Buizel evolve.

Then lay waste to all that moves.

The series continues because stupid little goons like myself still watch it >.<

Thing is, it has this... set formula. Ash leaves on his journey, gets his hands on one or two of the regions starter somehow, gets himself a "pigeon" Pokemon, goes on his futile journey, somehow beats all the gym leaders and gets into the league, loses in the league because he never learns. Rinse and repeat. I can sit through an episode of Pokemon, know what's going to happen, and somehow still enjoy it <.<. I think its people like me, who never get bored, are keeping the show alive (must be loads of peeps like this in Japan).

Strangely though, i don't see every episode as a filler like most people do. Throughout the years I've stuck with the logic that if Ash registers a Pokemon in the dex, one of the casts Pokemon evolves or learns a new move, then it counts.

I also read somewhere sometime ago that the producer for the show once said: "The day Ash becomes a Pokemon master is the day the show ends". It was at that point i realized... Pokemon isn't going anywhere now is it ;)

How technical is your game?

Around the Network

hey. i LOVE tracy. but ya, the first 3 seasons were the best, then it went downhill. reason?

story, characterization. you can only do that for so long. the more you try to, the more it sucks. i think they gave up on trying to develop the main characters after the fourth season. the story is just the same over and over now.

i'll always love the first 3 seasons tho. and tracy. tracy is my home boy

I cried when he let Butterfree go...

Former something....

The show is just a huge advertisement for the Pokemon franchise. I really don't think they'd abandon that for an even semi-serious type storyline. It's always going to be the same formula and people will grow tired of it. Especially if the formula repeats over and over and over and over and over and over again.

But the kids like Pikachu so he stays. And they need new Pokemon so people want to buy the new games, so the old ones always have to go. And I'm guessing the Gold/Silver re-makes will coincide with Ash getting back some of his Johto Pokemon or him catching some Johto ones that have new evolution in whatever the heck is after Pearl/Diamond/Platinum. They can double up on that advertisement with that.

and not to mention pokemon has what 1039080730 episodes now, sorta like power rangers has a shitload. But I think the japanese verison of power ranger has aroudn 23,000 eps.

and you are growing up

shizzlee said:
I haven't seen Pokemon in years, and I still bet that the same thing is probably going on. Ash and his two goons go catch some Pokemon, beat Team Rocket, participate in gym battles/pokemon contest and that's it except for the occasional movie >.>

From what I used to watch, Digimon>Pokemon imo.

wOW you like Digimon?I love that show.The first season is 10/10 PERFECT.Every other season sucked hard even though the fanboys like to deny it.