By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pokemon Anime How they turned the Best Show into the Worst

90% filler? what does that mean?

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

I have the biggest Wishlist on VGchartz

Around the Network

I agree with most points. Tracey was crap. Max was crap. Jhoto was waay too long. & new voices killed + new team rocket theme killed the show.

I watched less than half of Jhoto cause it was too long & less than half of Hoenn cause Max is just too annoying.

But i started watching some of the latest season, & it's actually not half bad. Like things actually happen during episodes now instead of just meeting a new pokemon & that's it. I would say it's the best season since the Kanto region.

16-bit gamer said:
90% filler? what does that mean?

90% episodes that didn't have any significance to the plot.

Pixel Art can be fun.

oh yeah...that bugged me too, half the episodes was just them focusing on a new pokemon
example: So near, yet so Farfetch'd

it got really bad in the Jhoto episodes

At the name of YESHUA, EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth (Philippians 2:10)

oh yeah i forgot about how they changed the Team Rocket Theme...that killed the show too

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
My main problem with the anime is the it was 90% filler. Other than that, I still watch on occasion.

The latest season isn't THAT bad.  There are a lot more recurring characters and this adds to the story.

lightningsouls said:
Maybe you get older, and realize how kiddy the show was from the beginning.

I never like Pokemon, I think I was too old to get the Idea My kid brother liked it a lot, but I really like Charizard!!!!!!!!

Geez, I'm 25,
I'm not it's a bad bad show I still watch Saint seiya, Dragon ball and other anime series from when I was a kid and get really excited!!!

But then I saw some kiddos getting all crazy about Naruto and Bleach, and wonder, damn, Did I look that retarded Screaming "PEGASUS RYUSEIKEN!!!"

I'm not saying It's a bad show, I think it has to be an awesome show to get all the fame it has, jus saying that maybe the generational line may have something to do with your taste for the new chapters, since you can feel nostalgia for the older ones.

That happens to me, I always break down when Iki dies in Virgo House, no matter how many times I have seen it.

In my last hour I'm slave to power of death!!!

16-bit gamer said:
oh yeah...that bugged me too, half the episodes was just them focusing on a new pokemon
example: So near, yet so Farfetch'd

it got really bad in the Jhoto episodes

Johto dragged for me... I didn't watch half that season.

Pokemon Advance was pretty good in my opinion though.  Max and May were ok in my opinion but Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile kept me watching.

Pixel Art can be fun.

@OP
You grew up as did most of the TV watchers. Pokemon didn't grow with you and the reviewers nor will it. Much like Disney products, Pokemon will always be focused on the younger crows. This younger crowd will continue to watch the current Pokemon out their. That's why it always seems like Ash is a struggling Pokemon trainer with new Pokemon. For all rights Pikachu should be level 100 custom trained(no artificial level up) and probably take on Mew Two and other legends. So why he he being beat by Paul, simple because that young crowd would not emotionally associate if Ash was the super pokemon trainer of all. So Ash much like Samus get's reset at the beginning of the adventure.

So essentially the show is to cater to new Pokemon fans and get them buying Pokemon stuff rather than moving the show upstream and following a loyal fanbase. If you still like the show then all the better, but seriously outside of concepts and imagery of the pokemon most people will end up disassociating from Pokemon culture.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

arsenal009 said:
SmokedHostage said:
My main problem with the anime is the it was 90% filler. Other than that, I still watch on occasion.

The latest season isn't THAT bad.  There are a lot more recurring characters and this adds to the story.

Pokemon Diamond and Pearl was pretty good imo.  Battle Dimension is even better.  I love Gliscor and the Buneary/Pikachu moments are priceless.

Pixel Art can be fun.