By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Article: Why Nintendo is always ‘doomed’

Smashchu2 said:
BladeOfGod said:

That chart is meaningless unless you say where its from. But i DO believe consumers are more interested in Wii than in PS3. Mostly because its ''revolutinary'' and because of smaller price. But that doesnt mean PS3 is failing its users. I can give you research where it says people are more satisfied with the PS3 than with the Wii. So Sony's customers are more satisfied than Nintendo's cunsomers.

And saying '' that consumers are not interested in the PS3'' is retarted. Like i said before there are over 120k PEOPLE ACTUALLY BUYING IT EVERY WEEK!!! So when someone buys something that person is probably intetrested in it.

The graphs were made my myself. It is not the first one I've made. "But.....but....that means they aren't useable. They are credited." I'll tell you, I'm probably more knolwgable then a lot of people who write and talk about games (sadly). If you need me to explain it, I will.

You keep missing the point, or more so, ignoring it. Instead, you sit in a little cube saying "PS3 is great. Everyone loves PS3. People are more satisfied with the PS3,"So i have no right to like PS3 because you dont??? as you rock back and forth chanting it like a montra. Well, I'm here to open the box and show you a brighter world. Reality.

You say "People love PS3." i say "Consumers aren't intereted in the PS3." You say "But the system sells ~120K a week." I say, "Someone will always buy something.They dont when the price is 400$ The consumers as a whole are moving to other systems." You say PS3 has a lot of good gaming coming,which is true, its just you dont care because you dont own PS3 more then the other systems." I say "Not many people are interested in those gamesNOT TRUE, but are interested in new ventures like WoW and Wii Sports." To say "consumers are not interested in PS3," is not retarded, it's fact. You are only quoting numbers, which means you excluded any kind of customers. Compair those sales to the other system. They are quite a bit lower.They are barely 20k lover than 360's even with 200$ bigger price. Look at the NPD sales, and you'll see they are declining. Look at the Wii. Those games are breaking records left and right.So PS2 is the best console out there because its breaking records??? Answer me Look at the DS, and see all the software that is taking off on the system (it has taken attention away from console development). Look, even, at the PSP, as it has sold many new software titles, and did much better then expectations.No, it didnt PSP software is doing horrable The PS3 just isn't what consunmers are looking for. 120K, by itself, is arbetrary.Its not for 400$ console, look at SEGA's consoles, they would be happy if their consoles would sell as good as PS3. Numbers must have some backing to mean something. 120K means the system isn't that great in the consumers mind.

Wanna know how I can prove consumers aren't happy with the PS3? One of the biggest sellers in gaming, or any industry, is word of mouth. It is powerful. I will more likely listen to my friends then to TV or reviews. With the Wii, it was sold on word of mouth. People told their friends how awesome Wii Sports was.Actually is was all the comercials on kids TV programms. So, people had to have a Wii. I assume the same happened with Wii Fit. The whole idea behind evergreen titles is other people push the game, telling their friends how awesome it is. The PS3 is getting that. People aren't shouting the glory of the PS3 from the heavens. They are for the Wii.

The Wii is sold based on Wii Sports.Or maybe its the other way around. If Wii Fit was a bundled game, it would sell the system. People buy game systems for games. Even you do that. The core buy systems for the prospect of games (which is different as everyone else will buy it for the software available). I bought my Wii for the prospect Smash Bros would come out. You bought it for a game like MGS4 or KZ2. We don't buy them to have them. We buy them for the software. Show a system that was successful without key software titles.

Consumers are luke warm to the PS3. They don't want it.Say that to 22 million people who own it. Thety don't need it. They dont see a reason to have itBlu ray, internet, multimedia, great graphics and awesome online games.... Thus, it has the lowest sales,it has bigger saless than GameCube,Xbox, all SEGA consoles,PSP... and those sales are on a gradual slope that can't be stopped. The fate of systems, more so the losing ones, is to hit a peak and then fall slowly, dieing quietly. The PS3 is destined for this path, and no price cut can save it. Consumers are becoming less and less interiged by the PS3, and they demand it less. They will look to systems like the DS and Wii for gaming both for their key titles and size of the library. The PS3 can not keep up as it has few key titles and a small library.Better to have smaller and BETTER libary than bigger and lamer libary.

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
Smashchu2 said:
BladeOfGod said:

That chart is meaningless unless you say where its from. But i DO believe consumers are more interested in Wii than in PS3. Mostly because its ''revolutinary'' and because of smaller price. But that doesnt mean PS3 is failing its users. I can give you research where it says people are more satisfied with the PS3 than with the Wii. So Sony's customers are more satisfied than Nintendo's cunsomers.

And saying '' that consumers are not interested in the PS3'' is retarted. Like i said before there are over 120k PEOPLE ACTUALLY BUYING IT EVERY WEEK!!! So when someone buys something that person is probably intetrested in it.

The graphs were made my myself. It is not the first one I've made. "But.....but....that means they aren't useable. They are credited." I'll tell you, I'm probably more knolwgable then a lot of people who write and talk about games (sadly). If you need me to explain it, I will.

You keep missing the point, or more so, ignoring it. Instead, you sit in a little cube saying "PS3 is great. Everyone loves PS3. People are more satisfied with the PS3,"So i have no right to like PS3 because you dont??? as you rock back and forth chanting it like a montra. Well, I'm here to open the box and show you a brighter world. Reality.

You say "People love PS3." i say "Consumers aren't intereted in the PS3." You say "But the system sells ~120K a week." I say, "Someone will always buy something.They dont when the price is 400$ The consumers as a wholoe are moving to other systems." You say PS3 has a lot of good gaming coming,which is true, its just you dont care because you dont own PS3 more then the other systems." I say "Not many people are interested in those gamesNOT TRUE, but are interested in new ventures like WoW and Wii Sports." To say "consumers are not interested in PS3," is not retarded, it's fact. You are only quoting numbers, which means you excluded any kind of customers. Compair those sales to the other system. They are quite a bit lower.They are barely 20k lover than 360's even with 200$ bigger price. Look at the NPD sales, and you'll see they are declining. Look at the Wii. Those games are breaking records left and right.So PS2 is the best console out there because its breaking records??? Answer me Look at the DS, and see all the software that is taking off on the system (it has taken attention away from console development). Look, even, at the PSP, as it has sld many new software titles, and did much better then expectations.No, it didnt PSP software is doing horrable The PS3 just isn't what consunmers are looking for. 120K, by itself, is arbetrary.Its not for 400$ console, look at SEGA's consoles, they would be happy if their consoles would sell as good as PS3. Numbers must have some backing to mean something. 120K means the system isn't that great in the consumers mind.

Wanna know how I can prove consumers aren't happy with the PS3? One of the biggest sellers in gaming, or any industry, is word of mouth. It is powerful. I will more likely listen to my friends then to TV or reviews. With the Wii, it was sold on word of mouth. People told their friends how awesome Wii Sports was.Actually is was all the comercials on kids TV programms. So, people had to have a Wii. I assume the same happened with Wii Fit. The whole idea behind evergreen titles is other people push the game, telling their friends how awesome it is. The PS3 is getting that. People aren't shouting the glory of the PS3 from the heavens. They are for the Wii.

The Wii is sold based on Wii Sports.Or maybe its the other way around. If Wii Fit was a bundled game, it would sell the system. People buy game systems for games. Even you do that. The core buy systems for the prospect of games (which is different as everyone else will buy it for the software available). I bought my Wii for the prospect Smash Bros would come out. You bought it for a game like MGS4 or KZ2. We don't buy them to have them. We buy them for the software. Show a system that was successful without key software titles.

Consumers are luke warm to the PS3. They don't want it.Say that to 22 million people who own it. Thety don't need it. They dont see a reason to have itBlu ray, internet, multimedia, great graphics and awesome online games.... Thus, it has the lowe besat sales,it has bigger saless than GameCube,Xbox, all SEGA consoles,PSP... and those sales are on a gradual slope that can't be stopped. The fate of systems, more so the losing ones, is to hit a peak and then fall slowly, dieing quietly. The PS3 is destined for this path, and no price cut can save it. Consumersrecoming less and less interiged by the PS3, and they demand it less. They will look to systems like the DS and Wii for gaming both for their key titles and size of the library. The PS3 can not keep up as it has few key titles and a small library.Better to have smaller and BETTER libary than bigger and lamer libary.

Wow, you can be serious. You can't be this dence. Here are the facts. If you don't beleive me after this, then your just stupid. All of what I'm saying is true. Were I wrong, the PS3 would be succesful. Since it's not, my claims are correct.

1. Someone will always buy something. There are tech people out there, and that is who is buying the PS3. That or Sony fanboys. 
  2. PS3 is lacking in Software. Of all the systems, PS3 has the least million sellers at 31. Wii has the next most at about 50, and 360 at 62. The software is not moving the system. Again, if your claim was true, people would be snathcing them up left and right. It would have shortages. Neither are true. While you may say "NOT TRUE. Lots of people want PS3 titles" your claim is, in fact, NOT TRUE. If this where the case, why is the system lacking systems sellers. It is common knowledge that only MGS4 pushed the PS3. Again, my claim is correct becuase what is happening is the result were my claim true. Your is flase becuase the opposite is happening from your side (you say PS3 has lots of software people want, but it has only one game that moved units. Thus, your claim is flase, making mine true).
  3.  "So PS2 is the best console out there because its breaking records??? Answer me" Ready to have a mental break down. I can see that you are. The PS2 broke the record for most units sold. However, unlike the NES, the system penitrated all markets. The Wii is set to break that record if it can beat the DS's record. The fact that Nintendo is easily eclipsing the profit and units sold by Sony shows how much people want the Wii, and how much the market is growing. Your problem was you misunderstood me. How you eever got to the PS2 is beyond me, but it shows that you are not grasping any concepts (even your own) and you are not very good at debating. The PS2 was the best selling of the core consoles. The Wii and DS will break that record using the expanded audience.
  4. Actually is was all the comercials on kids TV programms. What? That doesn't even make sence. How is a system that is selling to many generations doing so by being advertised on a network that only produces products (if we are to call shows products) for a single demographic. It's illogical is every way shape or form. How is Grandma getting the Wii. I know she isn't weatching Ben 10 (or what ever the kids watch). I know the Wii didn't find it's way into bars thanks to the Kids Network. I think should be framed with the other illogical comments I've seen on the internet. 
  5. Or maybe its the other way around. One tiup about arguing. Your aren't good at it if your cherry picking. Picking one line from a paragraph does not prove your point. Heck, it's just making me look better becuase I can steam roll it. No, it would be dumb to think the Wii sold Wii Sports. First: Einstein, people don't buy boxes to have them. The Wii is useless without a game. But yopu'll say "People buy the PS3 becuase of X" despite the PS3 is doing the worst out of the three console manufacturers. No, the Wii is a peice of garbage if it doesn't have software and the same is true of any game console. You need to understand consumers (you really don't). Also, the game was bundled with the system. How, then, could the system sell the software? It's not being bought. It comes with the system. It's more logical to think that people want to play Wii Sports so they buy a Wii. This is true of any game senario. You'll say that'snot true, and I will probve you wrong by pointing to the numbers on the front page that shows two systems with little interesting software and the one with Wii Sports kicking their butts. 
  6. People don't want Blu-Ray. It has long been known that Blu-Ray is not being adopted as fast as DVDs have been. I'll let Malstrom but in and say why this is the case. I didn’t say that. If anything, remember this: companies enhance products faster than consumers can adapt. Eventually, it enhances the product ‘too much’. It goes beyond what people need to do the job they want. GRAPHICS HAVE BECOME A COMMODITY. Consoles will no longer live or die by them. This means NO PS3 rise, NO Xbox 360 rise, for if they are to rise it will be based on something other than graphics driving their growth. We have reached ‘good enough’. This comes from the business idea of Disruption where a new product (in this case, the Wii) builds a new market of forgotten uses and challanges the old values. Blu-Ray is too good. DVDs are good enough. Most people can't tell the difference with Blu-Ray. People will stick with their old DVD players and TVs becuase they don't need HD. They are content with standard definition. Blu-Ray is not a reason to buy a system. Systems don't sell based on extras. If this was true, the N-Gage would have been a success. Cell Phones are a big market now, so why would a merged game console/cell phone not sell? The extras were there. By your logic, it should have, It didn't. Namely in that the GBA had better software and a bigger library.
  7. Bigger library matters. This is how the PS1 and PS2 were succesful. With a lot of systems before it, the system sold based on key software titles (The Atari for Pong. The NES for Mario, and the SNES for Super Mario World). The PS1 and PS2 didn't have any key software title that came out in the launch period (at least from what I can find). The systems did well thanks to a large library. This is what the 360 and Wii tried to capitilize on. But, lets use the old claim trick. If you claim that big libraries don't help, then the N64 should have beaten the PS1. Nintendo created a dream team of developers to produce games for the systems, and it was hard to develop for (like the PS3). However, the PS1 beat it out thanks to a large library. The N64 is the PS3 of today. The only difference is that Nintendo was much bigger in their time then Sony was and their games seem to have a lasting impact (I can't say that for any PS3 game). My claim is correct becuase a big library helped the PS1 beat the N64. 
  8. Now, for one last hurrah it has bigger saless than GameCube,Xbox, all SEGA consoles,PSP... This is my favorite becuase it says to me "I wish the PS3 would win. Look, it's doing OK" It's not. First, it's in last. Because of this fact, you are rationilizing the system's success. It is not successful in any way sha[pe or form. Is losing the company millions successful. Or perhaps how it's being overshadowed by the 360. Or maybe that it's a huge blunder (the company when from first to last). It's not successful. But let's put this into context. The syste, is selling worse then the N64, meaning this blunder was huge. Nintendo was declining since the NES. Sony went from 120million or so to 20. That is pathetic. You mentioned the 360 i barely beating it. You forgot that the 360 has been out for a year ealier. System peak after 3 years. The 360 has been on the market for 3.5 years, os it's at it's peak. Sony has been out for 2.5, meaning it's peaking earlier. It is falling even futher behind. The system is failing.
  9. The system is not beating the PSP or the genesis. The Genesis sold ~30million. The PSP ~40 (how could you get this wrong. It's on the first page for crying out loud). The PS3 is just barely beating the gamecube.

Ok, so here is how it will work. You'll be a big idiot and make a one line rebuttle. it will be misinformed and pathetic, as usual. It will also show you are a huge fanboy. Instead of wasting my time, I will laugh. Your arguments are too weak; some of them didn't make any sence at all. It was too easy to irradicate all your claims. You also don't listen, so why should I bother. I'm sure you'll call it a win and a glorious victory for the PS3, but the sales will decline day by day and more resources will shift to the Wii. And you will rock back and forth saying how great the PS3 is and how Sony will take back the industry.

Destroyer_of_knights said:
"Sony and Microsoft rely on third parties to create an install base with their consoles because both companies lack the first party studio strength to perform it themselves. In other words, relying on third party software to drive install base is considered ‘normal’ and ‘the future’. Nintendo, like Sega and Atari and Hudson, rely on first party software to drive the install base. Therefore, it is ‘concerning’, ‘problematic’ and eventually ‘doomed’."

that's Bull shit, Sony has a very strong 1st party studio, which produce quality games, but at the end of the day console manufactures have to have a good balance of both 1st and 3rd party, either extreme is problematic more so if the console heavily relies on 1st party, after all 3rd party is very important since their are more studios, which means more games, which means a library of great games.

In my opinion the wii is doomed because its hook was the motion controls which has attracted the casual market, but this very market is flaky and looks for the new trendy gadget, and apple is the king at this, once the casual market have their eyes set on the next trendy thing, they stop buy what is considered old, in this case it'll be the wii, and simply move on, this has always been the risk, and this is the reason Nintendo is milking it for all its worth, the motion plus is solely targeted at the hardcore, cuz once the casuals move on it'll be the hardcore keeping them afloat.

That's all M$ right there, that's why we see so much "exclusive" DLC and "exclusive" games (Quotes because all the stuff eventually comes to the PS3). I don't know where you've been but the quality of Sony's first party is up there and debateably beyond Nintendo. It's M$ whose first party is basically nothing so they rely on 3rd parties

Smashchu2 said:
BladeOfGod said:
Smashchu2 said:
BladeOfGod said:

You say "People love PS3." i say "Consumers aren't intereted in the PS3." You say "But the system sells ~120K a week." I say, "Someone will always buy something.They dont when the price is 400$ The consumers as a wholoe are moving to other systems." You say PS3 has a lot of good gaming coming,which is true, its just you dont care because you dont own PS3 more then the other systems." I say "Not many people are interested in those gamesNOT TRUE, but are interested in new ventures like WoW and Wii Sports." To say "consumers are not interested in PS3," is not retarded, it's fact. You are only quoting numbers, which means you excluded any kind of customers. Compair those sales to the other system. They are quite a bit lower.They are barely 20k lover than 360's even with 200$ bigger price. Look at the NPD sales, and you'll see they are declining. Look at the Wii. Those games are breaking records left and right.So PS2 is the best console out there because its breaking records??? Answer me Look at the DS, and see all the software that is taking off on the system (it has taken attention away from console development). Look, even, at the PSP, as it has sld many new software titles, and did much better then expectations.No, it didnt PSP software is doing horrable The PS3 just isn't what consunmers are looking for. 120K, by itself, is arbetrary.Its not for 400$ console, look at SEGA's consoles, they would be happy if their consoles would sell as good as PS3. Numbers must have some backing to mean something. 120K means the system isn't that great in the consumers mind.

Consumers are luke warm to the PS3. They don't want it.Say that to 22 million people who own it. Thety don't need it. They dont see a reason to have itBlu ray, internet, multimedia, great graphics and awesome online games.... Thus, it has the lowe besat sales,it has bigger saless than GameCube,Xbox, all SEGA consoles,PSP... and those sales are on a gradual slope that can't be stopped. The fate of systems, more so the losing ones, is to hit a peak and then fall slowly, dieing quietly. The PS3 is destined for this path, and no price cut can save it. Consumersrecoming less and less interiged by the PS3, and they demand it less. They will look to systems like the DS and Wii for gaming both for their key titles and size of the library. The PS3 can not keep up as it has few key titles and a small library.Better to have smaller and BETTER libary than bigger and lamer libary.

Wow, you can be serious. You can't be this dence. Here are the facts. If you don't beleive me after this, then your just stupid. All of what I'm saying is true. Were I wrong, the PS3 would be succesful. Since it's not, my claims are correct.

1. Someone will always buy something. There are tech people out there, and that is who is buying the PS3. That or Sony fanboys. 
  2. PS3 is lacking in Software. Of all the systems, PS3 has the least million sellers at 31. Wii has the next most at about 50, and 360 at 62. The software is not moving the system. Again, if your claim was true, people would be snathcing them up left and right. It would have shortages. Neither are true. While you may say "NOT TRUE. Lots of people want PS3 titles" your claim is, in fact, NOT TRUE. If this where the case, why is the system lacking systems sellers. It is common knowledge that only MGS4 pushed the PS3. Again, my claim is correct becuase what is happening is the result were my claim true. Your is flase becuase the opposite is happening from your side (you say PS3 has lots of software people want, but it has only one game that moved units. Thus, your claim is flase, making mine true).
  3.  "So PS2 is the best console out there because its breaking records??? Answer me" Ready to have a mental break down. I can see that you are. The PS2 broke the record for most units sold. However, unlike the NES, the system penitrated all markets. The Wii is set to break that record if it can beat the DS's record. The fact that Nintendo is easily eclipsing the profit and units sold by Sony shows how much people want the Wii, and how much the market is growing. Your problem was you misunderstood me. How you eever got to the PS2 is beyond me, but it shows that you are not grasping any concepts (even your own) and you are not very good at debating. The PS2 was the best selling of the core consoles. The Wii and DS will break that record using the expanded audience.
  4. Actually is was all the comercials on kids TV programms. What? That doesn't even make sence. How is a system that is selling to many generations doing so by being advertised on a network that only produces products (if we are to call shows products) for a single demographic. It's illogical is every way shape or form. How is Grandma getting the Wii. I know she isn't weatching Ben 10 (or what ever the kids watch). I know the Wii didn't find it's way into bars thanks to the Kids Network. I think should be framed with the other illogical comments I've seen on the internet. 
  5. Or maybe its the other way around. One tiup about arguing. Your aren't good at it if your cherry picking. Picking one line from a paragraph does not prove your point. Heck, it's just making me look better becuase I can steam roll it. No, it would be dumb to think the Wii sold Wii Sports. First: Einstein, people don't buy boxes to have them. The Wii is useless without a game. But yopu'll say "People buy the PS3 becuase of X" despite the PS3 is doing the worst out of the three console manufacturers. No, the Wii is a peice of garbage if it doesn't have software and the same is true of any game console. You need to understand consumers (you really don't). Also, the game was bundled with the system. How, then, could the system sell the software? It's not being bought. It comes with the system. It's more logical to think that people want to play Wii Sports so they buy a Wii. This is true of any game senario. You'll say that'snot true, and I will probve you wrong by pointing to the numbers on the front page that shows two systems with little interesting software and the one with Wii Sports kicking their butts. 
  6. People don't want Blu-Ray. It has long been known that Blu-Ray is not being adopted as fast as DVDs have been. I'll let Malstrom but in and say why this is the case. I didn’t say that. If anything, remember this: companies enhance products faster than consumers can adapt. Eventually, it enhances the product ‘too much’. It goes beyond what people need to do the job they want. GRAPHICS HAVE BECOME A COMMODITY. Consoles will no longer live or die by them. This means NO PS3 rise, NO Xbox 360 rise, for if they are to rise it will be based on something other than graphics driving their growth. We have reached ‘good enough’. This comes from the business idea of Disruption where a new product (in this case, the Wii) builds a new market of forgotten uses and challanges the old values. Blu-Ray is too good. DVDs are good enough. Most people can't tell the difference with Blu-Ray. People will stick with their old DVD players and TVs becuase they don't need HD. They are content with standard definition. Blu-Ray is not a reason to buy a system. Systems don't sell based on extras. If this was true, the N-Gage would have been a success. Cell Phones are a big market now, so why would a merged game console/cell phone not sell? The extras were there. By your logic, it should have, It didn't. Namely in that the GBA had better software and a bigger library.
  7. Bigger library matters. This is how the PS1 and PS2 were succesful. With a lot of systems before it, the system sold based on key software titles (The Atari for Pong. The NES for Mario, and the SNES for Super Mario World). The PS1 and PS2 didn't have any key software title that came out in the launch period (at least from what I can find). The systems did well thanks to a large library. This is what the 360 and Wii tried to capitilize on. But, lets use the old claim trick. If you claim that big libraries don't help, then the N64 should have beaten the PS1. Nintendo created a dream team of developers to produce games for the systems, and it was hard to develop for (like the PS3). However, the PS1 beat it out thanks to a large library. The N64 is the PS3 of today. The only difference is that Nintendo was much bigger in their time then Sony was and their games seem to have a lasting impact (I can't say that for any PS3 game). My claim is correct becuase a big library helped the PS1 beat the N64. 
  8. Now, for one last hurrah it has bigger saless than GameCube,Xbox, all SEGA consoles,PSP... This is my favorite becuase it says to me "I wish the PS3 would win. Look, it's doing OK" It's not. First, it's in last. Because of this fact, you are rationilizing the system's success. It is not successful in any way sha[pe or form. Is losing the company millions successful. Or perhaps how it's being overshadowed by the 360. Or maybe that it's a huge blunder (the company when from first to last). It's not successful. But let's put this into context. The syste, is selling worse then the N64, meaning this blunder was huge. Nintendo was declining since the NES. Sony went from 120million or so to 20. That is pathetic. You mentioned the 360 i barely beating it. You forgot that the 360 has been out for a year ealier. System peak after 3 years. The 360 has been on the market for 3.5 years, os it's at it's peak. Sony has been out for 2.5, meaning it's peaking earlier. It is falling even futher behind. The system is failing.
  9. The system is not beating the PSP or the genesis. The Genesis sold ~30million. The PSP ~40 (how could you get this wrong. It's on the first page for crying out loud). The PS3 is just barely beating the gamecube.

Ok, so here is how it will work. You'll be a big idiot and make a one line rebuttle. it will be misinformed and pathetic, as usual. It will also show you are a huge fanboy. Instead of wasting my time, I will laugh. Your arguments are too weak; some of them didn't make any sence at all. It was too easy to irradicate all your claims. You also don't listen, so why should I bother. I'm sure you'll call it a win and a glorious victory for the PS3, but the sales will decline day by day and more resources will shift to the Wii. And you will rock back and forth saying how great the PS3 is and how Sony will take back the industry.

1.Yes, because people are crapping money, expecily in this economic crysis. And all sony fanboys probably have PS3.

2.You just dont get it, do you? System with 22 million userbase CAN NOT have software which sold above 10 million expecily when 1/4 of userbase bought the system because of Blu ray. And didnt Killzone 2 pushed PS3 hardware WW and  didnt FFXIII demo pushed PS3 hardware in Japan?

3.So you STILL didnt answer my question.Is PS2 best console out there because the most people wanted it??? Yes, Wii is selling faster, but more people own PS2 than wii, does that mean PS2 is better?? It must be, because when somethig sells better, it means its better OVERALL because more people want it.

4.Oh i saw Wii and Wii Fit comercials on more channals than just on Kids Network.

5.Ok

6.Now this one is just ridicilous. PEOPLE DONT WANNT BLU RAY???? And why exectly are Blu ray sales up to 800% from the last year??? Because nobody wanted it??? Yea, because Blu ray needs to sell 6 billion, for not to become failure in your eyes. Now about that graphics thing. Look, if that Malstorm guy says he dont care about graphics and if he says graphics are commodity, that's his opinnion. I personaly perfer games with better graphics AND better gameplay than just better gameplay. I perfer to have both, because that's what makes the game good TO ME. If you like to play Mario with good gameplay and shitty graphics that's your opinnion.

7.I guess that makes sence,BUT if you are gamer ( not stock holder) you would perfer smaller and better libary than big and inferior libary.

8.I never said PS3 is succesfull for Sony. I just said that system doesnt have to sell good to be good OVERALL. Why do you think when web sites compare consoles they talk about everything BESIDES sales??? Because sales dont make the system better or worse, that's what you fail to understand. And i would like to remind you that PS3 will not be discontected for next 7 years, so its still has lots of time sell and make profit for Sony. And you also forgot that when 360 price was higher, PS3 was outselling 360.

9.Wow, you really think PS3 is not gonna sell at leas another 20 million in its rest lifetime??? I am sorry to break it up to you but Ps3 WILL outsell Genesis and N64 and SNES.

^more misconceptions. At least we are getting somewhere. I just want to point out the glaring errors.

800% means nothing. Unless you are talking about a population proportion, you need to give 800% of what. If I sell 1 X, and my output for the next year went up 2000%, I only sold 20 more units.

But seriously, you HAVE to get your numbers straight. I can understand some discrepancy, but you are on a sale tracking site. Not getting them right is pathetic because you can search right here. The PS3 has already passed 20million so me thinking it wont is wrong, so it's probably not the best line of thinking. The PSP sold 44.75 million, the Genesis about 30million and the N64 around 36million. As for my opinion, no, Sony will not pass the N64 or the PSP. The Genesis is possible, but is pushing it. I get this info from the declining sales of the PS3.

Around the Network

''800% means nothing''

I expected from you to say that. I am just gonna leave you realize yourself how wrong and false that sentence is.

''The PS3 has already passed 20million so me thinking it wont is wrong, so it's probably not the best line of thinking.''

I think you missunderstood me. I asked if you think PS3 will sell ANOTHER 20 million in its lifetime.

'' As for my opinion, no, Sony will not pass the N64''

This is the part where you LOST ALL ( and i mean ALL ) creditbility. I am not even replaying on this one.

Have PS3 sales peeked? That's my question.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Arius Dion said:
Have PS3 sales peeked? That's my question.

They are, from what we can tell. NPD has shown it declining since around summer of last year. The only progress it has made is a short time in Japan where it better than the Wii (which wasn't impressive).

This is why I see BladesofGod as a crazed fanboy. He thought my idea of the PS3 selling less than the N64 crazy (how so, I will never know). That's fanboys for ya.

The N64 sold about 33 million units... the PS3 only needs 12 million more to pass it, which is perfectly feasible (and likely) before this generation ends, unless you believe it´ll remain at $400 all the way to the end.

And, of course, that´s not impressive at all, considering the history of the PS brand, but just saying you can count on it surpassing the N64 before the end of 2011 (assuming that´s when next gen arrives, though I doubt it..which makes it passing the N64 even easier).

JGarret said:
The N64 sold about 33 million units... the PS3 only needs 12 million more to pass it, which is perfectly feasible (and likely) before this generation ends, unless you believe it´ll remain at $400 all the way to the end.

And, of course, that´s not impressive at all, considering the history of the PS brand, but just saying you can count on it surpassing the N64 before the end of 2011 (assuming that´s when next gen arrives, though I doubt it..which makes it passing the N64 even easier).

Well, I was about 3 million off in my prediction.

Personally, I don't see the PS3 passing that. The sales of the system are starting to slow and it will probably have trouble making it to 30 million. The consumers aren't excited by the PS3 anymore. Key titles wont move the system because the ones who will demand those games are current owns (save for maybe FF13 in Japan). I don't see it keeping up. Sony will have to release a new system soon.