By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Article: Why Nintendo is always ‘doomed’

Sony makes some good games Rouge Galaxy was around as good as Skies of Arcadia to me.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Wait a minute ...

disolitude, the guy who recommended Ninja Blade, Silent Hill Homecoming, Alone in the Dark and lots of other shitty games, is trying to tell Wii owners that they have a poor taste?

That is worse than the time a fan of Family Guy said my tastes in comedy suck.

And for me the Wii has a better library than the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. It is still subpar compared to the Snes or PS2, but it is much better than the manchildren (sports, shooter and other "mature" games) machines.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Avinash_Tyagi said:
ameratsu said:
Mr Khan said:
disolitude said:
Ok...so some of you have answered my post (while others gave me some chinese riddles to solve).

So people here (not casuals) do think that Wii is the best gaming system this gen. This is something that I wanted to hear as I have a hard time understanding why anyone that playes games on a daily basis would choose the wii the "gaming system of the generation". Don't get me worng, I've had the wii for 2 years and I find it fun to pop in once in a while...and its a cool alternative to when I suck at Halo or street fighter online and I want something stress free.

To me Wii is like an automatic car. Its easy to drive everyone can do it and can be fun when you are with a group of people, but as a driving enthusiast, I will take a manual over an auto any day...

Which is fine, i don't think anyone's here to debate your personal opinion, but other people feel differently.

I certainly was fine with my GameCube last gen, playing my games while the great, industry defining titles like Guitar Hero, Halo 2, GTA III and its sequels, Devil May Cry, etc, all passed me by without a care in the world. Some simply don't care for what is being offered as the mainstays of PS360 gaming (i'm one of them). If i were a PS360 owner, it would be to taste the fringes of those platforms (stuff like LBP, Phantasy Star Universe, Too Human, Ratchet & Clank), while ignoring the mainstays, like Gears, Halo, Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm, etc, completely

So you don't care to play the majority of good third party titles? Fair enough. R&C is easily a mainstay. By simple comparison, The Wii simply isn't getting support consistent with being a dominant system. Considering you weathered the gamecube with no other system, it doesn't suprise me that you are content with the Wii's offerings. The Wii is a fine complementary system, but you are missing out if you don't have a PC, PS3 or a x360.

But that's the point, if you have a PC there is no reason to own a 360 or a PS3, however there is always a reason to own a Wii

thats nto true big games are exclusive killzone 2, lbp, resistance, halo 3, geears 2 are exclusive.s

you are forgetting that the shooter experience will always be better on PCs..... exclusives don't matter when I returned most of them after a week or sold them to gamestop already, LBP is not bad though.

ItsaMii said:
Wait a minute ...

disolitude, the guy who recommended Ninja Blade, Silent Hill Homecoming, Alone in the Dark and lots of other shitty games, is trying to tell Wii owners that they have a poor taste?

And for me the Wii has a better library than the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. It is still subpar compared to the Snes or PS2, but it is much better than the manchildren (sports, shooter and other "mature" games) machines.

Someone thinks way that their opinion is superior to everyone elses way too much. That someone is you...

To be blunt, your attempt at an argument is quite stupid. I do recomend Ninja blade and Silent hill and...alone in the dark to a degree but only to people that injoy those types of games. To a true survival horror fan, silent hill homecoming is a better game than final fantasy 13 and Gran tourismo 5 ever will be.

So nice try in trying to generalize people according to their taste in games. Unlike most Wii fans that posted here arguing with me with valid points, you managed to sound ignorant and pretentious at the same time.

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
ameratsu said:
Mr Khan said:
disolitude said:
Ok...so some of you have answered my post (while others gave me some chinese riddles to solve).

So people here (not casuals) do think that Wii is the best gaming system this gen. This is something that I wanted to hear as I have a hard time understanding why anyone that playes games on a daily basis would choose the wii the "gaming system of the generation". Don't get me worng, I've had the wii for 2 years and I find it fun to pop in once in a while...and its a cool alternative to when I suck at Halo or street fighter online and I want something stress free.

To me Wii is like an automatic car. Its easy to drive everyone can do it and can be fun when you are with a group of people, but as a driving enthusiast, I will take a manual over an auto any day...

Which is fine, i don't think anyone's here to debate your personal opinion, but other people feel differently.

I certainly was fine with my GameCube last gen, playing my games while the great, industry defining titles like Guitar Hero, Halo 2, GTA III and its sequels, Devil May Cry, etc, all passed me by without a care in the world. Some simply don't care for what is being offered as the mainstays of PS360 gaming (i'm one of them). If i were a PS360 owner, it would be to taste the fringes of those platforms (stuff like LBP, Phantasy Star Universe, Too Human, Ratchet & Clank), while ignoring the mainstays, like Gears, Halo, Resistance, Uncharted, Motorstorm, etc, completely

So you don't care to play the majority of good third party titles? Fair enough. R&C is easily a mainstay. By simple comparison, The Wii simply isn't getting support consistent with being a dominant system. Considering you weathered the gamecube with no other system, it doesn't suprise me that you are content with the Wii's offerings. The Wii is a fine complementary system, but you are missing out if you don't have a PC, PS3 or a x360.

But that's the point, if you have a PC there is no reason to own a 360 or a PS3, however there is always a reason to own a Wii

thats nto true big games are exclusive killzone 2, lbp, resistance, halo 3, geears 2 are exclusive.s

Better shooters on PC, better platformers on Wii

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

ItsaMii said:
Wait a minute ...

Manchildren machines? That about tops all the elitist Wii garbage I've heard in a while. Oh and a member here (frybread) has a blog that sounds like it would be right up your alley:

http://fryfat.blogspot.com/

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

disolitude said:
Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:

Sony and even ms first party efforts are much better than nintendos for the last year or two. They may not produce the same sales as nintendos products but quality is there...

Other than that the article is right...

Besides Gears of wars, Halo, Fable on the xbox360 and Killzone and........on the PS3 what else do they offer?

Nintendo on the other hand released Zelda, Mario, smash bros, fire emblem, metroid, new super mario bros and the mega succesful Mario kart wii and wii fit.

You can't deny that Nintendo is and always be the company with their strongest 1st party.

You are listing every nintendo published game in the last 2 years. You missed on xbox 360 PGR4 Forza 2 crackdown

Sony Motorstorm 1 & 2, Warhawk, Uncharted

Lot more variety is found at Ms and Sony than at nintendos first party efforts.

Lol you an anti-Nintendo fanboy giving your opinion as fact I think pretty much makes your post void :P.

Esa-Petteri said:
Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:

Sony and even ms first party efforts are much better than nintendos for the last year or two. They may not produce the same sales as nintendos products but quality is there...

Other than that the article is right...

Besides Gears of wars, Halo, Fable on the xbox360 and Killzone and........on the PS3 what else do they offer?

Nintendo on the other hand released Zelda, Mario, smash bros, fire emblem, metroid, new super mario bros and the mega succesful Mario kart wii and wii fit.

You can't deny that Nintendo is and always be the company with their strongest 1st party.

I can deny that easily. Sony>MS>>>>>>>>nintendo.  Let's use your style:

Besides ... hmm... uhh... disaster:doc what else do they offer?

What you just quoted.

I notice many Nintendo haters are popping on saying Nintenod's 1st party is bad, but considering the highest rated game is a 1st party Nintendo and same with the third highest rated (I actually consider it second because if you combine GTA IV's 360 and PS3 scores, it falls lower... on GR anyways).

Also sales also justify. Nintendo 1st party pwns in quality and quantity :D.