By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Article: Why Nintendo is always ‘doomed’

Cheebee said:
Man, look at all the fanboys go at it...

does that includes me?

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

Does that includes me?

BladeOfGod said:
ameratsu said:
ItsaMii said:
Wait a minute ...

disolitude, the guy who recommended Ninja Blade, Silent Hill Homecoming, Alone in the Dark and lots of other shitty games, is trying to tell Wii owners that they have a poor taste?

That is worse than the time a fan of Family Guy said my tastes in comedy suck.

And for me the Wii has a better library than the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. It is still subpar compared to the Snes or PS2, but it is much better than the manchildren (sports, shooter and other "mature" games) machines.

Manchildren machines? That about tops all the elitist Wii garbage I've heard in a while. Oh and a member here (frybread) has a blog that sounds like it would be right up your alley:

http://fryfat.blogspot.com/

What a retarded piece of shit blog. The only guy who is crying here is that idiot fryfat (nice name btw).

1.He says that Wii is only console worth of owning. Right there you can see what kind of idiot he is.

2. He's saying Killzone 2 is a flop but he doesnt say Halo Wars is flop even though Killzone 2 outsold Halo Wars.

3.Than he's bitching about how PS3 has weaker ports against 360. Most of those ports are from 2006 and 2007 and Eurogamer has ALWAYS BEEN pro 360 web site.And the difference are so small that you can only see them if you are fanboy. Most of good games look better on PS3 anyway ( COD4, Bioshock, GTAIVBe

4.Than he is attacking 360 and PS3 because of their great graphics. ( classic wii-fanboyish). He is acting like its hardcore gamers fault their systems are more powerful. If your system is the weakest on market dont attack others because of that!!!

5.Than he says how PS3 is unable to run many titles in HD (including big titles SFIV, RE5, GTA IV). Those titles WORK PERFECTLY ON BOTH HD CONSOLES!!!

6.Than he said PS3 is 600$ (something Sony haters always do even though they know whats the real price)

7.Than he says those ''10 reasons why PS3 is failing''  are valid even though they were disproved by many web sites on the web.

8.And than he says Party babyz is good game. He would obviously support any game as long as its on Wii and not made by Sony and Microsoft.

Seriously, one of the worst thing my eyes have ever saw

Some of those points were plan off. Let's begin....

1. I will agree here, but in terms of hard numbers, he is correct. The Wii is selling better, has more titles, and will have a longer life. Still a fanboy
  2. No one harolded Halo Wars are the second coming of the 360. They did for KZ2 and the PS3. Halo 3, on the other hand, has beaten every other PS3 game.
  3. "Better" is so subjective that I'm not even going to try talking about it.
  4. I hit Ctrl+F and searched for the word "graphic" I was used only three times on the entire site. Everytime he did, though, he was parroting Malstrom saying how games are not about cinematics the two copnsoles are casualized PCs.
  5. I'll agree here
  6. OK, this is the worst part. He never said the word "six-hundred" on his blog. Not once. You shouldn't critizes someone if you are going to lie or use wrong information. Point six is pethetic.
  7. While, yes, some of these points were off, most of them were true. Yes, the system is too expensive. Yes, Sony is arrogent. Yes, the PS3 lacks a strong library (remember kids: software pushes hardware. The system wouldn't be in last place if it had a strong library of games people want). Yes, the killer-apps came too late (and were also weaker then those on the Wii and 360).
  8. I probably wouldn't play Party babies (at least he spelled it right, unlike yourself). However, he did play it, and he likes it. If you got mad at me for saying the PS3 doesn't have a good library and will post a list of games, then your a hypocrit.

Here is your problem guys. You are all looking at this backwards.

You say "He is a fanboy, he must be wrong." This is just ad homenin. In fact, if you read though the site, a good portion of his imformation is correct and he has correctly identified things PS3 fans keep denying. Now, I say "He is wrong becuase he is a fan boy." Not only did I not attack the messanger, but I was able to indetify a problem. By looking this way, I did not cloud my judgement (unlike the rest of you). In fact, becuase of this, I say he had some good points and some strong arguments. No one here tried to challange the arguments. They just called him an idiot.

Is he Malstrom? Hell no. Is he a fanboy? Yes. Is he wrong? No.

disolitude said:
ItsaMii said:

This post is hilarious. It nulls everything you said in this thread (and to some degree on your VGchartz history). You are trying to play the humble card, even though you are one of the most arrogant, uninformed and biased posters around here. First of all, Ninja Blade is shovelware. It is cheap, it is poorly programed and the gameplay sucks. Second, SH Homecoming is the worst SH ever (worse than the PSP version). I find hard to say it is better than unrealeased games like FF XIII or GT5. It may be better than Halo 3, but that is not saying much about SH.

My favorite part is when you say : "Unlike most Wii fans that posted here arguing with me with valid points, you managed to sound ignorant and pretentious at the same time". It is so delusional. Are you saying that Wii owners posting in this thread have good arguments? You have gone as fas as to call some people that enjoy the Wii more than the other 2 consoles blind. As for ignorant I think that would suit you better (GC lost money, Sega made more money than Nintendo in 93-94, Nintendo is/was not dominant).

"So nice try in trying to generalize people according to their taste in games".

I am not generalizing people according to their taste in games. You are not "people". I am saying, based on your awful choice of games, that you have a very poor taste in games. Nothing else. I am not judging you as a person based on your gaming habits. Most of my friends love awful games Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, Need for Speed. What I am thrying to say is that for someone like you to act like a game sommelier is hypocrisy. It is like Michael Jackson going to a UNICEF event.

Also I have a hard time acepting that the one trying to teach me something about judging other people tastes is the same who said:

"Most new Wii owners bought the wii because of this new motion control scheme they tried and were very impressed with while playing the same old Mario Kart".

"You guys really think what Wii is offering is better than what you get with 360/ps3? Like as gamers, is wii the better console in your eyes"?

"This is very nicely written Happy...but please consider nintendo today without waggle. All this success wouldn't be here. Graphics, games has nothign to do with nintendo sales.
Many people have said this and nintendo fans may take offense but Wii is a gamecube 1.5 with waggle control scheme...
Why would thier games sell consoles now when the playing field is even higher, when they didn't 5 years ago...especially considering that very minor updates are given these new games other than the new control scheme.
This article is saying that nintendo success is atributed to their games which is as crazy as saying that Sony PS3 success is atributed to bluray... nooo, its why it isn't number 1 right now".

I see you can quote people, as well as consider that your opinion is the only opinion around... This time you actually have a few points arguing along site usual rubish comments like "Ninja Blade is shovelware". Tell that to this guy at gamepro who gave it 5/5 and a game of the month award. You call it "cheeply made"...kinda like Wii Fit and Wii Music? 5 bucks says you never even played it...and are a sheep quoting the rest of the flock.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/209623/ninja-blade/

Anywho...if nintendo games are the ones selling the wii in such great numbers and it has nothing to do with controls how do you explain the great success of the wii and failure of gamecube.

Only new relevant software around for wii that wasn't around back then is Wii sports, Wii fit... both of which are fun games and great advertisements for new controllers. Is malstorm talking about those games when hes saying that Nintendo games move hardware? Cause the other games nintendo released for the wii certanly didn't move hardware last gen.

Yes. People bouth the Wii for Wii Sports.

One of the Nintendo exects. said it, but the purpose of the Wii Remote was to breath new life into games. Notice, with Nintendo, that there is always a major focus on games. The only time Nintendo did not focus on the software was when the remote was shown at TGS 05, but the lauch trailer still showed people using the controller to play ambigious games.

Your claim is purposterous. Your saying "The Wii Remote sold the Wii." There is good reason why you would say that. The first is that you are niave and beleive the hardware is why people buy systems, which is wrong. The other, is the beleife that if the 360 or PS3 get a controller, they can beat the Wii.

If Nintendo release the Wii and the remote, but there was no good game to buy on it, would people have bought it. It didn't work for the 360 or PS3. For the NES, people had to have Super Mario bros. For the gameboy, people had to have  Tetris and later, Pokemon. For the Genesis, people had to have Sonic the Hedgehog. For the N64, people had to have Super Mario 64. For the DS, people had to have Brain Age and Nintendog. Despite it's weaker sales, the XBox was sold just for Halo 2. The PS1 probalby sold for Final Fantasy and Grand Theft Auto. The PS3's problem was it didn't have software people wanted. 

No one would want a Wii Remote for the sake of having one. Why would they. It would be useless. They wanted Wii Sports. The game was a hit. It was everywhere. Everyone loved playing with the remote (key word there). The system only carried it's sucess. Wii Fit was also a big hit and people had to have Wii Fit, so, concequently, they had to have a Wii.

Smashchu2 said:
BladeOfGod said:
ameratsu said:
ItsaMii said:
Wait a minute ...

disolitude, the guy who recommended Ninja Blade, Silent Hill Homecoming, Alone in the Dark and lots of other shitty games, is trying to tell Wii owners that they have a poor taste?

That is worse than the time a fan of Family Guy said my tastes in comedy suck.

And for me the Wii has a better library than the PS3 and Xbox 360 combined. It is still subpar compared to the Snes or PS2, but it is much better than the manchildren (sports, shooter and other "mature" games) machines.

Manchildren machines? That about tops all the elitist Wii garbage I've heard in a while. Oh and a member here (frybread) has a blog that sounds like it would be right up your alley:

http://fryfat.blogspot.com/

What a retarded piece of shit blog. The only guy who is crying here is that idiot fryfat (nice name btw).

1.He says that Wii is only console worth of owning. Right there you can see what kind of idiot he is.

2. He's saying Killzone 2 is a flop but he doesnt say Halo Wars is flop even though Killzone 2 outsold Halo Wars.

3.Than he's bitching about how PS3 has weaker ports against 360. Most of those ports are from 2006 and 2007 and Eurogamer has ALWAYS BEEN pro 360 web site.And the difference are so small that you can only see them if you are fanboy. Most of good games look better on PS3 anyway ( COD4, Bioshock, GTAIVBe

4.Than he is attacking 360 and PS3 because of their great graphics. ( classic wii-fanboyish). He is acting like its hardcore gamers fault their systems are more powerful. If your system is the weakest on market dont attack others because of that!!!

5.Than he says how PS3 is unable to run many titles in HD (including big titles SFIV, RE5, GTA IV). Those titles WORK PERFECTLY ON BOTH HD CONSOLES!!!

6.Than he said PS3 is 600$ (something Sony haters always do even though they know whats the real price)

7.Than he says those ''10 reasons why PS3 is failing''  are valid even though they were disproved by many web sites on the web.

8.And than he says Party babyz is good game. He would obviously support any game as long as its on Wii and not made by Sony and Microsoft.

Seriously, one of the worst thing my eyes have ever saw

Some of those points were plan off. Let's begin....

1. I will agree here, but in terms of hard numbers, he is correct. The Wii is selling better, has more titles, and will have a longer life. Still a fanboy
  2. No one harolded Halo Wars are the second coming of the 360. They did for KZ2 and the PS3. Halo 3, on the other hand, has beaten every other PS3 game.
  3. "Better" is so subjective that I'm not even going to try talking about it.
  4. I hit Ctrl+F and searched for the word "graphic" I was used only three times on the entire site. Everytime he did, though, he was parroting Malstrom saying how games are not about cinematics the two copnsoles are casualized PCs.
  5. I'll agree here
  6. OK, this is the worst part. He never said the word "six-hundred" on his blog. Not once. You shouldn't critizes someone if you are going to lie or use wrong information. Point six is pethetic.
  7. While, yes, some of these points were off, most of them were true. Yes, the system is too expensive. Yes, Sony is arrogent. Yes, the PS3 lacks a strong library (remember kids: software pushes hardware. The system wouldn't be in last place if it had a strong library of games people want). Yes, the killer-apps came too late (and were also weaker then those on the Wii and 360).
  8. I probably wouldn't play Party babies (at least he spelled it right, unlike yourself). However, he did play it, and he likes it. If you got mad at me for saying the PS3 doesn't have a good library and will post a list of games, then your a hypocrit.

Here is your problem guys. You are all looking at this backwards.

You say "He is a fanboy, he must be wrong." This is just ad homenin. In fact, if you read though the site, a good portion of his imformation is correct and he has correctly identified things PS3 fans keep denying. Now, I say "He is wrong becuase he is a fan boy." Not only did I not attack the messanger, but I was able to indetify a problem. By looking this way, I did not cloud my judgement (unlike the rest of you). In fact, becuase of this, I say he had some good points and some strong arguments. No one here tried to challange the arguments. They just called him an idiot.

Is he Malstrom? Hell no. Is he a fanboy? Yes. Is he wrong? No.

1.Ok, ''the wii is selling better'' arument is REALLY REALLY old. You people are using it every time when you try to win an argument. Wii sports sold better than Madworld, does that means Wii sports are better?

2.Well if almost new IP outsold the game with name HALO in it, ITS NOT a flop.

3.Try researching a bit about those games

4.That togehter with saying Wii is only console worth of owning because HD consoles are ''crippeld PCs'' And plus, he says that bulding PCs which can outperform 360 and even PS3 is CHEAP.

6.''Those are all valid issues of course, a $500 PS3 can't run a game better than a $200 360'' Hmm... weird. Sony hater still think the price is 500$-600$

7.Ok, this is the worst one.

1.For SOME people is, yes.

2.Sony's  arrogance pretty much ended when Ken Kuturagi left.

3.WHAT THE FUCK??? Almost every gaming web site agreed PS3 had strongest line up in 2008 and it probably has best line up in 2009. What does wii have??  Wii sports resort which  is re-make of the 3-year old game and...uhm... 360 has HALO ODST which is just a DLC. Anyway, saying which console has best libary is TOTALY based on your opinnion and nothing else.

8. The game is CALLED PARTY BABYZ,so i DIDNT spelled it wrong

Around the Network

WHAT THE FUCK??? Almost every gaming web site agreed PS3 had strongest line up in 2008 and it probably has best line up in 2009. What does wii have?? Wii sports resort which is re-make of the 3-year old game and...uhm... 360 has HALO ODST which is just a DLC. Anyway, saying which console has best libary is TOTALY based on your opinnion and nothing else.
What crawled up your ass and died? You may be pissed off at Smashchu2 but that's not reason to spout bs. WSR isn't a remake and if you really don't know any of the games coming for Wii in 2009 go and do research.

How technical is your game?

BladeOfGod said:
Cheebee said:

Does that includes me?

Dunno, I can't be bothered to read all the bashing going on here, it's just that some people here seem to get worked up over nothing...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

IxisNaugus said:
WHAT THE FUCK??? Almost every gaming web site agreed PS3 had strongest line up in 2008 and it probably has best line up in 2009. What does wii have?? Wii sports resort which is re-make of the 3-year old game and...uhm... 360 has HALO ODST which is just a DLC. Anyway, saying which console has best libary is TOTALY based on your opinnion and nothing else.
What crawled up your ass and died? You may be pissed off at Smashchu2 but that's not reason to spout bs. WSR isn't a remake and if you really don't know any of the games coming for Wii in 2009 go and do research.

Well, when someone acts like his/hers opinnions are facts i pretty much get pissed. And WSR and Conduit is the only BIG ( i mean really big) game sto come out for Wii in 2009. Maybe nintendo will show us more on E3.

Oh dear God.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

disolitude said:
ItsaMii said:

I see you can quote people, as well as consider that your opinion is the only opinion around... This time you actually have a few points arguing along site usual rubish comments like "Ninja Blade is shovelware". Tell that to this guy at gamepro who gave it 5/5 and a game of the month award. You call it "cheeply made"...kinda like Wii Fit and Wii Music? 5 bucks says you never even played it...and are a sheep quoting the rest of the flock.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/209623/ninja-blade/

Anywho...if nintendo games are the ones selling the wii in such great numbers and it has nothing to do with controls how do you explain the great success of the wii and failure of gamecube.

Mario Sunshine vs Mario Gallaxy

Zelda TP vs Zelda windwaker

Mario Kart Wii vs Mario Kart double dash

Smash brothers Mele vs smash brothers brawl

Metroid prime vs metroid prime 3

All the same games were there last gen, with excellent reviews and they sold good individually but they didn't shift hardware nearly as much as Wii is sold.

Only new relevant software around for wii that wasn't around back then is Wii sports, Wii fit... both of which are fun games and great advertisements for new controllers. Is malstorm talking about those games when hes saying that Nintendo games move hardware? Cause the other games nintendo released for the wii certanly didn't move hardware last gen.

Ninja Blade is shovelware. From Software is well know for low budget, low quality games (to be fair I enjoyed Kuon, but it was far from a great game). You must really be desperate to use that Gamepro review like it is a opinion shared among a lot of people. It was the only 100% review that this shitty game got. It has a metacritic average of 68, more than half of the reviews are below 75. Why don`t you tell this guy here http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=211632 how great the game is?

There is no point in arguing with someone that can`t understand a concept as simple as "cheap". If you look at the trafic in the streets you will see that they did not bother to render the cars, they are just red lights (easy to do in stage 2 and some cutscenes). Would you call this cheap? On rails shooting parts and QTE are not what I would call expensive assets either. Ninja Blade is full of bugs, like 1) getting stuck in the scenario, 2) enemies attacking thru walls, 3) floating enemies, 4) the well know glitch that screws up your results screen and make it (almost) impossible to get some clothes and achievements. The game last stages 7,8 and 9 are made with pieces of the earlier stages (stage 2 in particular). Some of the bosses are rematches (without a intro). Gametrailers mocked it saying that the game is not ashamed of it and call the achievement for completing mission 7 "deja vu". The graphics are ok at best outside cutscenes and several textures look very poor (rocks, debris).

100 bucks says that you would not take a avatar/sign bet that I have played and finished NB.

Also, I think that the marketing budget for Wii Fit alone may be bigger than Ninja Blade budget (and several other From Software games). It may be a shock for you, but expensive does not mean good looking game. Wii Fit had a much longer development cycle than NB, just the research to make the balance board must be more than expensive than NB. I bet Nintendo also did extensive "tests" with potential consumers, that could delay or bring up the costs of the overall product. Some people take their time improving the gameplay and making sure that game run well, others just add QTE on a buggy game and call it a day. As for Wii Music, I have no idea about costs, research or development cycle so I will not make any comments.

As for the GC vs Wii comment,  It is not like you would understand it (even with I explained using colorful drawings and made puppet show). I say you should e-mail Malstrom.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."