By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

@psrock: And another troll joins? I had a lot more respect for you. When someone hears lies, it's reasonable to see discontent in that person. Read the last lines of the paragraph quoted. Do you agree with them? We are on a sales website, there's fuck loads of data to prove that guy wrong. I hope you reconsider what you said and next time read the OP.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

M ratings are not equal to "hardcore games".

Most movies with R ratings perform worse than movies with PG or PG 13 ratings. Same is true with videogames - most games with T or E ratings generally outperform A rating games.

So unless you've got an Assassin's Creed, GTA, or a Call of Duty level property which can justify multiple sequels on its hit appeal in that competitive market, its the M rated games which are risky for everyone not making the sure-fire hits, not the other games.

The market for 18-35 year old men who fantasize about lust and destruction but are afraid to leave their living rooms is over saturated and highly competitive, so Nintendo has largely left it for Microsoft and Sony to battle over.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Soriku said:
trestres said:
@Fossil: No, it's just you, you need to accept reality. If you don't trust a Senior Producer, then you won't trust anyone. Let's not trust Miyamoto when he speaks for Nintendo. See, irrational like you. He is 1 guy, but he is someone inside Capcom and he is lying about something. Maybe bitterness over Clover members. If he is an ignorant then why does he have that position? A lot of people, even investors from their own company read comments made in representation of a company. He flat out lied, so my comments are not out of place.

Go and watch the trees at the forest.

For the same reason Pachter does...?

Sadly, like NJ5 said, it's true for a lot of the industry. But many Capcom employees have been giving false Wii information, so it's not a matter of just 1 guy this time.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Spyborgs is mature? I stopped reading after I saw title so I might be wrong about what the guy is trying to say but that shit is not Mature....

Soriku said:
RPG said:
Why are people (fanboys) bad mouthing Capcom, what have they said wrong? If a game like Madwords struggles to 0.20 million and Fitness Coach 1 million I see nothing wrong with what Capcom said. Nothing is wrong with the userbase but most will not purchase M rated games.

So far in this thread a couple people have got really touchy about what a PR said and that too a correct statement, how very sad. Anyway Capcom is giving Wii MH3 so people should be happy.

Cherry picking...what about the REs that sold over a million?

I thought of the latest mature hyped game on this site and looked at the sales, hardly "cherry picking." Cherry picking is something you are doing though......RE have sold well on HD platforms. Besides RE which other Mature titles have sold over a million on the Wii? I can think of many for the HD consoles.

@trestres I have nothing against the Wii, Miyamoto or any of the consoles did not rape me while I slept or anything like that. As I said release RE on a HD console or Wii and it will sell a million, hardly anything to be proud of. Capcom can bad mouth the Wii as much as they want and Nintendo will just watch...........even bend backwards for them so long as they get their Monster Hunter and MH games. You need to think twice before saying someone is emotional over a machine when you yourself are. I am going by the facts here and I simply do not see what Capcom have said wrong.

Around the Network

Edited before you posted, Soriku.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@psrock: And another troll joins? I had a lot more respect for you. When someone hears lies, it's reasonable to see discontent in that person. Read the last lines of the paragraph quoted. Do you agree with them? We are on a sales website, there's fuck loads of data to prove that guy wrong. I hope you reconsider what you said and next time read the OP.

But unlike all of us, he actually works for the company, he has access to data which we don't, why these workers are always wrong when they say what you disagree with. I am not saying he 100% right, but he knows more than me, you about the company he works for, so relax and think for a second.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
trestres said:
@Fossil: No, it's just you, you need to accept reality. If you don't trust a Senior Producer, then you won't trust anyone. Let's not trust Miyamoto when he speaks for Nintendo. See, irrational like you. He is 1 guy, but he is someone inside Capcom and he is lying about something. Maybe bitterness over Clover members. If he is an ignorant then why does he have that position? A lot of people, even investors from their own company read comments made in representation of a company. He flat out lied, so my comments are not out of place.

Go and watch the trees at the forest.

Someone inside Capcom also said the RE4 had nothing to do with Umbrella or the T-virus, and look how that came out; And as for being ignorant and holding a position.....I could make so many Bush jr. jokes it would make your head spin, and on top of that your comments are still out of place on the grounds that this thread and OP claims that Capcom sees M games on the wii being an obvious risk, despite evidince within their own company proving that accusation false, and this thread nothing more than immature flamebait.

"Go and watch the trees at the forest."

Do you even know what that means?

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

....I find that claim strange when Capcom has to M rated million sellers on the Wii and a third on the way.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

@RPG: "At least for the Wii, based on the market data, you can look on the games that sell for the Wii, there’s nothing anywhere close to mature-rated content that sells well. You could sit back and hope a hardcore game would release for the Wii and succeed and blaze that trail…"

There's nothing wrong with that, only if you hate the Wii, because that's a huge lie.

I can make a long list of games, but you can browse for them yourself at this site.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies