By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

He's not a PR guy. He's just a game producer.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Also, he's not claiming what Capcom is going to do or what they think of the Wii (unlike that guy on the Ubisoft board). He's just stating a wrong factual opinion about game sales.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

LordTheNightKnight said:
trestres said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
"There's nothing wrong with that, only if you hate the Wii, because that's a huge lie."

Why do you assume that was out of spite instead of ignorance? The fact is that this is the senior producer of this game, an EXCLUSIVE to the Wii.

I say he's being dumb, and that his position is his own, NOT the company's.

Well, but there's some history of Capcom employees showing negative bias towards the Wii. I can name Sven, this guy, the RE:UC producer and some of the mods at their own site. If he's an ignorant he shouldn't be allowed to talk in behalf of Capcom.

But he wasn't. He was just being interviewed about his own thoughts. You're just assuming he was doing otherwise.

You can't speak about certain company subjects unless you have permission from the parent company. Capcom's shouldn't allow their employees to answer these kinds of questions because what they say does represent the company.

But Capcom allows these people to speak out of their asses, so it means they are in agreement with them and give their employees the liberties to talk about this subject, only because they trust them.

I'll give you an example: There's almost no employee at Nokia who is allowed to talk about the consequences that the Electromagnetic Waves emitted/received by their cell-phones have on the human body. And then, they are censured, they can't talk about the whole subject, even if they know the answer, because at the end the one in troubles will be Nokia.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

The biggest issue here is the fact that although wrong by obvious numbers, the wii is building this reputation that's going to cost some important western games.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

"You can't speak about certain company subjects unless you have permission from the parent company."

Sales of games based RATING, not by developer, is NOT A COMPANY SUBJECT.

Around the Network
psrock said:
The biggest issue here is the fact that although wrong by obvious numbers, the wii is building this reputation that's going to cost some important western games.

But that's the problem, this false reputation is being built out of ignorant people's opinions. I'm not saying every game on the Wii will sell tons, but it's not as terrible as this guys sets it out to be.

Also, he isn't a no-one, he's a game producer, in other words an industry insider, so what he says will be taken seriously by many people, be them consumers, investors or game developers.

Capcom can not have the luxury to have such ignorant people represent them, but it's not just this guy, there's many other at Capcom and other companies as well.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

LordTheNightKnight said:
"You can't speak about certain company subjects unless you have permission from the parent company."

Sales of games based RATING, not by developer, is NOT A COMPANY SUBJECT.

Of course it is, Capcom makes games with different ratings. It would matter a lot to investors who are watching Capcom make M rated games like RE:DSC.

Besides he didnt only talk about ratings, but he also said that selling a hardcore game (contains many genres and ratings) was merely a matter of luck.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Tres, companies made this ignorant decision already (epic), or realized it's wrong already (Activision). This isn't going to sway anyone.

"Of course it is"

Bull. NPD, Media Create, and other organizations, have made game sales public.

What he DID speak about what the company thought was that this was a risk (which is obvious given it's not a proven IP). Anything else is just you insisting he's speaking for the company when he isn't.

Well, until Capcom decides to educate their employees, I would still dislike them, no matter what game they bring out.

This isn't the first time. At least Ubisoft accepted it and they are moving on. They lied at first but later accepted that they were dishonest.

Ubisoft was terribly hated by me, but now they managed a positive change and they also admitted how wrong they were. Capcom is yet to admit this.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies