By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

And this too shall pass. Its obvious nonsense being spout here, with facts to prove it. Funny the people who agree are the same people who thought the Wii would fail in the first palce.

Games sell on Wii period, hell wasn't there something that showed Wii sold the MOST games? If you build it they will come. The installed base is so large that hittin 1-2% or it is a healthy profit.

Get this all out of your systems now, because once the flood hits, Wii bingo is going to get very thin. Probably only be able to spell out "IN" or "GO".

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
And this too shall pass. Its obvious nonsense being spout here, with facts to prove it. Funny the people who agree are the same people who thought the Wii would fail in the first palce.

Games sell on Wii period, hell wasn't there something that showed Wii sold the MOST games? If you build it they will come. The installed base is so large that hittin 1-2% or it is a healthy profit.

Get this all out of your systems now, because once the flood hits, Wii bingo is going to get very thin. Probably only be able to spell out "IN" or "GO".

Lol good one xD

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

TheSource said:

M ratings are not equal to "hardcore games".

Most movies with R ratings perform worse than movies with PG or PG 13 ratings. Same is true with videogames - most games with T or E ratings generally outperform A rating games.

So unless you've got an Assassin's Creed, GTA, or a Call of Duty level property which can justify multiple sequels on its hit appeal in that competitive market, its the M rated games which are risky for everyone not making the sure-fire hits, not the other games.

The market for 18-35 year old men who fantasize about lust and destruction but are afraid to leave their living rooms is over saturated and highly competitive, so Nintendo has largely left it for Microsoft and Sony to battle over.

This is what I was thinking when I entered this thread. Pity it was so ignored.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Chrizum said:
Capcom sucks.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

trestres said:

Terrible Capcom, I won't be buying your crap anymore if you continue to open your mouth to spout shit about the Wii and flat out lie.

Who are you talking to?
You think Capcom is reading your posts on vgchartz?

By the way, SFIV is one of the best games of the year.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

How many M games did capcom develop for Wii? RE 4 and UC sold pretty well so i dont really see their reasoning.

Argue all you want. He did say "recent" but then again software is generally down everywhere. So any game made is at risk.

The thing I want to say is that no one within the industry should be making such statements. It is bad publicity. Statements like that only cause anger amongst fans and gives haters more reason to hate. Looking over the thread you can already see the negative impact. He shoot his company in the foot. I hope he gets reprimanded for it. That is certainly not how you handle things.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Lolcislaw said:
How many M games did capcom develop for Wii? RE 4 and UC sold pretty well so i dont really see their reasoning.

It's not "their" reasoning. It's one guy. Capcom knows those games sold well. That's why they have a follow up to UC, for one thing.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Meh, they can say what they want. The fact is, they are taking these 'obvious risks' by bringing out all the awesome games they are/have done. And so far these risks are doing well for them

YAY Capcom, love these guys, their pumping out so many games.