By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

I really wish companies would get their PR guys in line haha. I mean when you have big M rated games coming out on a console, you don't go and trash it for games not selling on it. I mean seriously... you do some form of spin or in this case it didn't even need it.

PR is important not only in business relations but marketing as well. Don't criticize the audience you are appealing too... it can only have negative repercussions.

Around the Network

I doubt this guy's opinions represents the whole Capcom vision since he's not from the japanese branch, the ones in charge.

I think that he exagerated. Anyway, Capcom is supporting the wii very well so I don't see why e should care about the misguided words of a PR

Zucas said:
I really wish companies would get their PR guys in line haha. I mean when you have big M rated games coming out on a console, you don't go and trash it for games not selling on it. I mean seriously... you do some form of spin or in this case it didn't even need it.

PR is important not only in business relations but marketing as well. Don't criticize the audience you are appealing too... it can only have negative repercussions.

Are game producers counted as PR people?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Zucas said:

Well, I for one heard you the first five times!

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Zucas said:

Well, I for one heard you the first five times!

Tell that to those who keep calling him that.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

RPG said:
Soriku said:
RPG said:
Why are people (fanboys) bad mouthing Capcom, what have they said wrong? If a game like Madwords struggles to 0.20 million and Fitness Coach 1 million I see nothing wrong with what Capcom said. Nothing is wrong with the userbase but most will not purchase M rated games.

So far in this thread a couple people have got really touchy about what a PR said and that too a correct statement, how very sad. Anyway Capcom is giving Wii MH3 so people should be happy.

Cherry picking...what about the REs that sold over a million?

I thought of the latest mature hyped game on this site and looked at the sales, hardly "cherry picking." Cherry picking is something you are doing though......RE have sold well on HD platforms. Besides RE which other Mature titles have sold over a million on the Wii? I can think of many for the HD consoles.

@trestres I have nothing against the Wii, Miyamoto or any of the consoles did not rape me while I slept or anything like that. As I said release RE on a HD console or Wii and it will sell a million, hardly anything to be proud of. Capcom can bad mouth the Wii as much as they want and Nintendo will just watch...........even bend backwards for them so long as they get their Monster Hunter and MH games. You need to think twice before saying someone is emotional over a machine when you yourself are. I am going by the facts here and I simply do not see what Capcom have said wrong.

Just because a game was hyped doesn't mean it is a great game. Look at Lair on PS3. Also just because it is hyped on a WEBSITE (which represents 0.0001% of the gaming community) doesn't mean instant win.

In reality the game is short, black and white and not that appealing. Go play it and you will see that the game is nothing special.

Besides RE4, mature games that have sold over a million COD:WAW, Red Steel and both of these sucked because of quality control. Every other mature game on Wii has sucked more then these two games as they where either shit or cheap tacked on wii control ps2 xbox ports.

it just a there person talking shit about the wii and blah blah blah .lol

please click  dragons and eggs

Capcom should have learned to keep their staff from spouting nonsense. They should know this could harm their reputation among the Wii customers.

Jaos said:
Capcom should have learned to keep their staff from spouting nonsense. They should know this could harm their reputation among the Wii customers.

Gamers should actually think about the logistics of what they are suggesting. How the hell can Capcom make sure every employee likely to be interviewed is factually correct on everything they state?

But companies often have policies that they don't claim things implying they are company position when they are not, and he didn not claim it was Capcom's position, or imply it. You all are just inferring it, and finding a way to blame Capcom just because they couldn't magically see he would make this kind of statement and make efforts to educate him.