By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

Ail said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
RPG said:
Why are people (fanboys) bad mouthing Capcom, what have they said wrong? If a game like Madwords struggles to 0.20 million and Fitness Coach 1 million I see nothing wrong with what Capcom said. Nothing is wrong with the userbase but most will not purchase M rated games.

So far in this thread a couple people have got really touchy about what a PR said and that too a correct statement, how very sad. Anyway Capcom is giving Wii MH3 so people should be happy.

Cherry picking...what about the REs that sold over a million?

I think someone in the thread said it already but, RE sells regardless of platform

So would MGS. So would DMC. So would Gears. Pretty much all the big series the HD consoles have would sell elsewhere as well.

Lo lo LOL

Seriously you need to tell us what kind of crack you are smoking Soriaku.

Sure they would sell elsewhere, question is how many units....

Aside from the fact that games like MGS4 on the Wii would look like MGS2...

The Wii got CoD:WaW a big M rated games with a big ad budget. It sold nowhere as well as on HD console so stop trying to convince us that mature games with similar add budget would sell as well on the Wii....

The majority of the fans of those big games you mentionned knew they would come on HD consoles and have purchased one...

The biggest pile of sh*t that was Haze outsold Madworld by a 3 ratio....

Man go play Madworld before you open your mouth and let shit flow out of it.

Haze is a way better game then Madworld. As shit as Haze is, Madworld is worst.

Around the Network
Ail said:
wfz said:
Ail said:
wfz said:
Ail said:
Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
RPG said:
Why are people (fanboys) bad mouthing Capcom, what have they said wrong? If a game like Madwords struggles to 0.20 million and Fitness Coach 1 million I see nothing wrong with what Capcom said. Nothing is wrong with the userbase but most will not purchase M rated games.

So far in this thread a couple people have got really touchy about what a PR said and that too a correct statement, how very sad. Anyway Capcom is giving Wii MH3 so people should be happy.

Cherry picking...what about the REs that sold over a million?

I think someone in the thread said it already but, RE sells regardless of platform

So would MGS. So would DMC. So would Gears. Pretty much all the big series the HD consoles have would sell elsewhere as well.

Lo lo LOL

Seriously you need to tell us what kind of crack you are smoking Soriaku.

Sure they would sell elsewhere, question is how many units....

Aside from the fact that games like MGS4 on the Wii would look like MGS2...

The Wii got CoD:WaW a big M rated games with a big ad budget. It sold nowhere as well as on HD console so stop trying to convince us that mature games with similar add budget would sell as well on the Wii....

The majority of the fans of those big games you mentionned knew they would come on HD consoles and have purchased one...

The biggest pile of sh*t that was Haze outsold Madworld by a 3 ratio....

Now now, no need to be an asshole to Soriku. All he said was that those well established franchises would sell on other platforms as well. You gave nothing to rebute his claim, great job.

All you managed to do with this post is show your bias and/or ignorance against the Wii and needlessly make fun of Soriku.

Comparing a completely gimped version of CoD (which still has sold over a -million- copies on the Wii!) To it's superior form on the HD consoles where there is a much higher ratio of FPS fans?

Comparing an extremely hyped FPS game to a hyped up extremely gory niche game?

Let me turn your Haze vs Madworld argument around: Twilight Princess sold way more copies on the GC than Okami did on the PS2. Oh my god! The PS2 can't sell adventure games!

And whose fault is it that CoD:WaW is gimped ???

Activision or Nintendo ????

Activision does the best it can with the hardware it has to work with.

Stop trying to say that publishers have hidden motives and that they on purpose develop inferior versions of games...

Wow, this post goes right along with "why the wii is always doomed" thread that I just read. I really didn't know that people blamed Nintendo for third parties games. That sure as hell is surprising.

You want me to stop trying to say that publishers have hidden motives and that they purposely develop inferior games?

I was never doing that to begin with. I never once said that about third parties, and you're just putting words in my mouth in order to give you something to lecture me about in order to make me look bad. Please don't do that.

Well what is it then ?

You said CoD:WaW is gimped.

Not many conclusions you can reach from there.

1) Activision is incompetent

2) They on purpose gimped the game 

3) They did the best they could with what they had to work with.

Pick one, knowing Activision is the most successfull third parties that has ever been around in the gaming industry....

how about think a bit harder before you cream yourself from all the fanboyish shit you post.

4) Wii took of better then ANY 3RD party expected and COD:WAW started later development then other systems and was rushed to be out at the same time as other version.

In other words it was developed in a short period of time without fine polishing the game. i.e they released an update  (VERY SMALL meaning content was already on disc) later which enabled extra online mods. This can only mean they rushed it out.

People bringing up RE Wii sales...take a look at Re5 and then say the Wii games sold well while holding a straight face. Re5 sold better in it's first week than the wii games have in their lifetimes.

mikescoff said:
People bringing up RE Wii sales...take a look at Re5 and then say the Wii games sold well while holding a straight face. Re5 sold better in it's first week than the wii games have in their lifetimes.

Bullshit. Games do not magically sell well or not based on other games. RE5 was also highly anticipated, and brand new, but also Capcom's most expensive game (due to the lenght of development and being in HD), while RE4 Wii and UC didn't cost near that much.

That's like claiming Carnival Games didn't sell well because of GTA IV. You could say it with a straight face, but Take Two would call you a liar.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

mikescoff said:

Oh, come on, RE4 was a straight up port, which came out when Wii's install base wasn't that large yet, and years after the game had already been released on the GameCube, PS2, and PC. The other one is a rails shooter.

Whereas RE5 is a completely new, original entry in the series which had been hyped for years prior to release.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Bomzaldroppen said:
Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:

didnt mean to call you broke ass or nothin

judging by the systems and games you have, you truly are missing out tho with no 360/ps3

i was missing out with no wii, tho i originally was a hater, so i bought one

1) Well, what else could you have meant when you made that statement?

2) What brought you to that, "judgement"? And with my PC, how much am I REALLY missing out on by not owning a PS3 or 360 or both?

3) Good for you I guess. I want what I like, and as is obvious, I am not too broke to afford only Wii and I made a decision not to buy thee other consoles. Maybe I do not feel like I am missing out on enough to warrant the purchase of thee other consoles... maybe...

4) Sorry it took me so long to reply but you made statements that were out of line and completely false.

youre REALLY missing out on a lot, but whatever, when i said what i said i was talking in general, not to just you.  and i stand by my statement, and personally dont care how you feel about it, since i didnt even know your name till you replied.

i have pc too, still felt the need.

but yeh what i said may have been false to you, but if you notice when you check my original post, it wasnt addressed to you.

1) Opinion. Personally, I did not know your name either until this conversation. That does not change how wrong you are.

2) Your needs are not mine. For example, there are very, VERY few genres where I feel dual analog is woth mentioning. It fails, in my opinion, for FPS games and it does not add much, if anything at all, to sports games. I feel that both Wii remote and the mouse and keyboard set up are great steps beyond those controllers. Even for fighting games, I use an arcade stick or play them in thee arcade... Me and you are different people, I am not saying there are NO games on the consoles that I would like, just not enough to warrant me making the purchase.

3) If it was false to me, then your statement is false. You said thee ONLY people upset were people that could not afford another console and well, if I am thee ONLY person that goes against your statement, then it makes your statement FALSE. You can stand by it all you want to. Just make sure you understand you were, and are still, incorrect. Thank you.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000