By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

If you read the entire interview, it is actually not too bad.

There is risk any time you release a game. And there is risk in releasing it on a Nintendo platform because you get compared to Nintendo's first-party offerings.

That all being said, I think the senior producer does not know as much about the industry as one might think. Capcom has two of three M-rated million sellers on teh Wii. Also, only in the Wii-world of logic is 2-1/2 million copies a failure (Wii Music).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:

I am starting to like capcom. The nerd rage on this thread is priceless. Thanks capcom! :D

Let's not go there, this is how threads usually get the evil eye from the mods and get locked (understandably).

what i find stupid is the fact that core games are supposed to be M, go play Dewy's Adventure ffs

Resident Evil games and Call of Duty games can sell a Million on Wii.
But it doesn't matter because they would sell regardless on what console they were on. So Wii can't sell mature games, Haha.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:
But it doesn't matter because they would sell regardless on what console they were on. So Wii can't sell mature games, Haha.

BTW, no system sells mature games. Marketing and word of mouth does. I can't remember a game that sold well, where people were going to buy it because it was on a certain system.

Now circumstances with the system can make it look as though it is selling those games. The cost of HD development makes games like that safer than original games. It's not that the systems sell those. It's that the cost of those systems make other types of games more of a risk.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Hyperion said:

WHY a casual gamer will buy Call of duty and Resident evil (i am not talking about the on-rails)? This is the new excuse when a hardcore game sells fine on the Wii? What is the excuse for Red Steel?

If Resident evil 4 and Call of duty did great numbers, is because has a lot of people in the wii that want RE and COD, so, these guys likes hardcore game, this excuse is not valid =/.

If this is the new excuse, ok, now we have hardcore games that sells fine on the wii :), because of the name or not. Now capcom can make another REs and now we can have another COD for the Wii. Poor arguments are easy to break.

Lol at @ Hisiru trying to "break" my arguemnt.
There is no argument to break, buddy.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

Hyperion said:

ok, sorry, I did not saw your irony, I just saw "So Wii can't sell mature games". I am so sorry.

Hisiru said:
Hyperion said:

ok, sorry, I did not saw your irony, I just saw "So Wii can't sell mature games". I am so sorry.

I almost thougth the same, but then I looked at his comment again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Soriku said:
BMaker11 said:
Soriku said:
RPG said:
Why are people (fanboys) bad mouthing Capcom, what have they said wrong? If a game like Madwords struggles to 0.20 million and Fitness Coach 1 million I see nothing wrong with what Capcom said. Nothing is wrong with the userbase but most will not purchase M rated games.

So far in this thread a couple people have got really touchy about what a PR said and that too a correct statement, how very sad. Anyway Capcom is giving Wii MH3 so people should be happy.

Cherry picking...what about the REs that sold over a million?

I think someone in the thread said it already but, RE sells regardless of platform

So would MGS. So would DMC. So would Gears. Pretty much all the big series the HD consoles have would sell elsewhere as well.

Lo lo LOL

Seriously you need to tell us what kind of crack you are smoking Soriaku.

Sure they would sell elsewhere, question is how many units....

Aside from the fact that games like MGS4 on the Wii would look like MGS2...

The Wii got CoD:WaW a big M rated games with a big ad budget. It sold nowhere as well as on HD console so stop trying to convince us that mature games with similar add budget would sell as well on the Wii....

The majority of the fans of those big games you mentionned knew they would come on HD consoles and have purchased one...

The biggest pile of sh*t that was Haze outsold Madworld by a 3 ratio....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !