By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

RPGJock said:
Darc Requiem said:
RPG said:
Why are people (fanboys) bad mouthing Capcom, what have they said wrong? If a game like Madwords struggles to 0.20 million and Fitness Coach 1 million I see nothing wrong with what Capcom said. Nothing is wrong with the userbase but most will not purchase M rated games.

So far in this thread a couple people have got really touchy about what a PR said and that too a correct statement, how very sad. Anyway Capcom is giving Wii MH3 so people should be happy.

RPG you are just as braindead as the Capcom PR rep. Capcom's best selling Wii titles are RE4 and RE:UC they are both M Rated titles. Zack and Wiki and Okami sales combined to don't even have half of the sales of either of RE4 or RE:UC.

But at the same time, they put Dead Rising on the system and it hasn't done nothing...  A third release of a zombie like game that was out for 3 years prior, it works.  A zombie rail shooter, it works.  An average but generally popular new zombie franchise, not so good.

But really does it matter.  You know they will be announcing by TGS that a Wii version of RE 5 will be coming.  You can bet on that.

Dead Rising - 360 - Average review 84.98%

Dead Rising: Chop Till You Drop - Wii - Average review 61.80%

Is it really such a mystery why it didn't do so well?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:
its pretty simple right now

wii is for fun games, party games, and kids games

360/ps3 is for the hardcore

its pretty fucking obvious so far this gen. thats why i own both, so i can enjoy both. the only people sad on this can only afford a wii, and thats kind of too bad

Oh really?

http://s633.photobucket.com/albums/uu58/GhaudePhaede010/?start=20

Guess I should start saving for that 360/Ps3...

i have no idea what youre trying to show me with that bunch of pics of atari lynxs and things

you should save for one, wii is KIDS GAMES not that that aint fun, but if you want mature games, buy a ps3 or a 360

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:

its pretty fucking obvious so far this gen. thats why i own both, so i can enjoy both. the only people sad on this can only afford a wii, and thats kind of too bad

Oh really?

i have no idea what youre trying to show me with that bunch of pics of atari lynxs and things

you should save for one, wii is KIDS GAMES not that that aint fun, but if you want mature games, buy a ps3 or a 360

Wii is not a kids only console, try looking at its library before posting such trollish comments.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:

Oh really?

Wii is not a kids only console, try looking at its library before posting such trollish comments.

Maybe he meant "wii is the best console for kids but it isn't for kids alone"

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:

Oh really?

*Looks at your avatar*

So, for the next installment of Silent Hill I should buy a 360 or PS3? Wait a minute...

Also, you guys only read like 1/24th of the article. He also states that mature doesn't equal hardcore and they want to create a game that has the same appeal of a Nintendo title. That something good in my book.

Surprise!

Around the Network
trestres said:
Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:

Oh really?

there are exceptions to the rule, i will be buying the new SH and The Feel, but honestly the wii is not aimed at the quote unquote hardcore mature game player.  percentage wise youre talking about maybe 1 percent of the systems games being mature.  so yes its not just a kids console, but for the most part it is.

i just hate these endless arguments about it online, the wii is what it is, i love it, but it is what it is.  not a bad thing, but not something to argue endlessly in thread after thread.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Bomzaldroppen said:
Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:

Oh really?

*Looks at your avatar*

So, for the next installment of Silent Hill I should buy a 360 or PS3? Wait a minute...

Also, you guys only read like 1/24th of the article. He also states that mature doesn't equal hardcore and they want to create a game that has the same appeal of a Nintendo title. That something good in my book.

You guys went in the wrong direction with this. You see, it was stated that thee ONLY people upset were the people that could only afford Wii... Thus is CLEARLY not the case with me.

And for the record, I own 2 Wii consoles. That alone means I COULD have afforded a Playstation 3, or a Wii and an XBOX 360...

I was not arguing if the system is aimed at this or that. Just that I COULD afford something else if I wanted to.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Bomzaldroppen said:
Pyramid Head said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:
Pyramid Head said:

Oh really?

*Looks at your avatar*

You guys went in the wrong direction with this. You see, it was stated that thee ONLY people upset were the people that could only afford Wii... Thus is CLEARLY not the case with me.

And for the record, I own 2 Wii consoles. That alone means I COULD have afforded a Playstation 3, or a Wii and an XBOX 360...

I was not arguing if the system is aimed at this or that. Just that I COULD afford something else if I wanted to.

didnt mean to call you broke ass or nothin

judging by the systems and games you have, you truly are missing out tho with no 360/ps3

i was missing out with no wii, tho i originally was a hater, so i bought one

Fossil said:

Because the word of a single PR guy equates to the view point of an entire multinational company...

I'm sure all companies hire PR people who express the direct opposite of what the company feels just for poops and giggles. Aren't you?

bardicverse said:
How easy they forget their success with Resident Evil 4 and Umbrella Chronicles on the Wii, both 1m+ sellers.

If they are polling by looking at Madworld, its an art tech game, no different from games like Okami, Zelda: Wind Waker. Some people just aren't into the art style. Besides, Madworld considerably hasn't much of a story, where Okami and Wind Waker did to push it along.

There is little risk for them to put out more Resident Evil games on the Wii, as it's already a series proven to do well on the system. Beyond that, I personally could care less. Beyond the RE series, Capcom is a mediocre studio at best.

yeah, Resident evil 4 did a GREAT job in the sales, this is a remake of an old game, a lot of gamers in the wii probably already played this game before. So, i assume that if it was a another (and new) Resident evil, would sell more. Spyborgs is a completly unknown and new game, of course it is a great risk, and when the game sell bad, everybody will say "wii is not for core games", everybody will forget about what an old remake (RE4) did (almost 2 million), and you will see the same thing that we see every day, articles saying: oh noes! Spyborg is selling bad, wii is a crap for hardcore games.

and the thing "is Resident evil, Resident evil can sell well in any system because of the name" is not an argument, a casual gamer will not buy a Resident evil game just because of the name.