By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

I think this guy's confusing "hardcore" with "mature," being completely ignorant of his own company's products all the while

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

"There's nothing wrong with that, only if you hate the Wii, because that's a huge lie."

Why do you assume that was out of spite instead of ignorance? The fact is that this is the senior producer of this game, an EXCLUSIVE to the Wii.

I say he's being dumb, and that his position is his own, NOT the company's.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Soriku said:
psrock said:
trestres said:
@psrock: And another troll joins? I had a lot more respect for you. When someone hears lies, it's reasonable to see discontent in that person. Read the last lines of the paragraph quoted. Do you agree with them? We are on a sales website, there's fuck loads of data to prove that guy wrong. I hope you reconsider what you said and next time read the OP.

But unlike all of us, he actually works for the company, he has access to data which we don't, why these workers are always wrong when they say what you disagree with. I am not saying he 100% right, but he knows more than me, you about the company he works for, so relax and think for a second.

So does Sven yet he spews BS all the time ("Okami flopped" for example yet two seconds later other employees were saying that Okami was successful and then Sven said something completely different).

at least try to analyze it, but Trestres is the King of overreaction, he takes little thing into a big deal, AND calling people trolls, lol.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@psrock: The data they can have is almost the same we have, and by working with that data, I can't see how that comment made any sense at all.Many devs have a lot of core projects coming up for the Wii, it's not like they are all willing to play the lottery and wait to see if the game sells or not based on pure luck. Capcom USA sounds like its full of it, I will start listening only to Capcom Japan, they are far more reliable.

Sorry if my comment sounded rude towards you, but after reading Fossil's comments one has to wonder.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I agree with the capcom representative. Hardcore games have sold much better on PS3 & xbox 360, there is proof of this on this site.

Established hardcore IP's sell well on the wii, but not new hardcore IP's. New hardcore IP's I feel are easier to sell on 360 & yes I'll say it PS3

Around the Network
LordTheNightKnight said:
"There's nothing wrong with that, only if you hate the Wii, because that's a huge lie."

Why do you assume that was out of spite instead of ignorance? The fact is that this is the senior producer of this game, an EXCLUSIVE to the Wii.

Well, but there's some history of Capcom employees showing negative bias towards the Wii. I can name Sven, this guy, the RE:UC producer and some of the mods at their own site. If he's an ignorant he shouldn't be allowed to talk in behalf of Capcom.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I agree with Soriku. It is hard to come up with M rated hits on the Wii simply because the developers are not making any of the same production value as they do for the HD consoles. But CoDW@W sold over a million on the Wii, and the two RE games, are million sellers. There are no high production value M rated games on the wii to make a fair comparison.

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

trestres said:
LordTheNightKnight said:

Well, but there's some history of Capcom employees showing negative bias towards the Wii. I can name Sven, this guy, the RE:UC producer and some of the mods at their own site. If he's an ignorant he shouldn't be allowed to talk in behalf of Capcom.

But he wasn't. He was just being interviewed about his own thoughts. You're just assuming he was doing otherwise.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@soriku

but the fact is, this is an official from Capcom who obviously knows more than us about how the games are performing on the wii.

It seem childish to downplay him like some people have in this thread

psrock said:
trestres said:
@psrock: And another troll joins? I had a lot more respect for you. When someone hears lies, it's reasonable to see discontent in that person. Read the last lines of the paragraph quoted. Do you agree with them? We are on a sales website, there's fuck loads of data to prove that guy wrong. I hope you reconsider what you said and next time read the OP.

But unlike all of us, he actually works for the company, he has access to data which we don't, why these workers are always wrong when they say what you disagree with. I am not saying he 100% right, but he knows more than me, you about the company he works for, so relax and think for a second.

Precisely, people here on a gaming form think they know more then someone working for the company with the data. I mean really the number of people on this site whom would run a business to the ground in seconds is frightening. People need to relax and not take to heart what a PR guy has said about a company they have no affiliation with.

I care about companies because I make money from them (sister is a stockbroker and taught me well) but I doubt that is the case for other people. Ah I dunno I quickly forget about how young some people are on this forum and can remember being offended when people did not like Pokemon. :P

Unless of course people just want games on the system they own from a demographic which does not sell well on the system........in which case though luck because the companies have the figures and moaning about it will not change it.

@ Soriku I think that pretty much settles what was said, to think RE is one of the minority of mature titles to have sold a million on the Wii yet people are offended by what the PR guy said. *loses faith in gaming forum folk* :(