By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom: Making hardcore games for Wii is an obvious risk. M games dont sell

@RPG: I think you are getting too emotional and blinded by your Wii hate. Really, they made 2 Mature games and are making a third which are all million sellers or will be. Just because they didn't get to sell as many Okami copies on the PS2 as they wanted, doesn't mean that they can badmouth the Wii over Okami or other succeses. Z&W wasn't mature and sold poorly, so Wii can't sell games at all?

Madworld and HotD:OK are obviously those games, but in a desperate move to attack SEGA for their relation with the ex-Clover members, they talk shit about the Wii.

They are bitter just like people who don't accept it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Soriku said:
RPG said:
Why are people (fanboys) bad mouthing Capcom, what have they said wrong? If a game like Madwords struggles to 0.20 million and Fitness Coach 1 million I see nothing wrong with what Capcom said. Nothing is wrong with the userbase but most will not purchase M rated games.

So far in this thread a couple people have got really touchy about what a PR said and that too a correct statement, how very sad. Anyway Capcom is giving Wii MH3 so people should be happy.

Cherry picking...what about the REs that sold over a million?

They obviously never existed, they were just illusions created by Satan and a trap.

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

Fossil said:

Because the word of a single PR guy equates to the view point of an entire multinational company...

He is not a PR guy, he is a Senior Producer. You fail. Stop trolling please.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Fossil said:
Because the word of a single PR guy equates to an entire multinational company...

I learned that with Ubisoft. Capcom is making games for the Wii. That should tell us they obviously like the Wii, but there's all this hate going around.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Capcom PR is just playing the Wii iz doooomed bingo

Bu really, was there a large budget M rated wii game? Neiter Madworld or NMH had big budgets, yet Grasshopper studio celebrated 400k sold NMH copies, which obviously points out they don't share Capcom's views.

But, when a publisher decides to actually put a large sum of money into producing a M rated game for the Wii, and that game fails, then they can badmouth it. And i'm talking about making a M rated game with production values of SMG, GoW, GTA or similar games.

Around the Network

I'll just chalk it up to him personally not doing any research, than company policy, since he's ignoring two hits from the very company he's representing.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

trestres said:
Fossil said:

Because the word of a single PR guy equates to the view point of an entire multinational company...

He is not a PR guy, he is a Senior Producer. You fail. Stop trolling please.

Tsk tsk, soooo sensative. Get your head out of your butt and see the forest for the trees, this is nothing more than the opinion of a single individual, not the mass consensus of Capcom as a whole. This thread's tilte was little more than a petty attempt to gain attention via flame bait.

*Gratuitous falme-bait signature that mocks two or more consoles while praising another*

So this guy doesn't even take his own company's games into account when thinking about these issues.

This must be part of why the gaming industry is collapsing. Too many clueless employees.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@Fossil: No, it's just you, you need to accept reality. If you don't trust a Senior Producer, then you won't trust anyone. Let's not trust Miyamoto when he speaks for Nintendo. See, irrational like you. He is 1 guy, but he is someone inside Capcom and he is lying about something. Maybe bitterness over Clover members. If he is an ignorant then why does he have that position? A lot of people, even investors from their own company read comments made in representation of a company. He flat out lied, so my comments are not out of place.

Go and watch the trees at the forest.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

I am always amazed at people's reaction once they hear what they don't want to hear.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)