By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz definitely turning things around

badgerfan20945 said:
@ Onimusha12

Trying to type on a PS3 without a keyboard can be diffucult, so im sorry that I can't type more than 5 sentences without using "STFU" or anything else that may have affended you. But you or starcraft probably don't own a PS3, so you have no idea.

I'll be as civil as possible. Do you believe that starcraft should have made any posts on this topic that pretain to the PS3, knowing that there would be backlash from those that actually own one? He managed to post negative remarks about sony's TGS keynote three post into the topic. If anyone read the live blogging of the event, more good came out of it (Dual Shock 3, Remote Play on more PS3 titles in the future, advances to Home, a price cut being possible, amitting the PS3 launch was disappointing, advancement of relations between Sony and its consumers) and yet starcraft managed to post the few negatives related to the keynote.

As a PS3 fan, these comments bother me. When someone focuses on the negatives of a system, ignoring the fact that a lot of good came out of the Keynote, it upsets me, but when its someone who doesn't own the system, it pisses me off (Which led to the post I made). If a PS3 fan would have said it, it would bother me as well. More good came out of the keynote, not bad. And I understand starcraft stated his opinion and he is entitled to one. Its just that his comment bothers me, that's all.

So do you believe I should refrain from excercising free speech because some people may not like what I have to say?

Or do you believe that we should only ever examine the good things Sony does not the bad ones? SSj12 had just listed the good things, i saw no reason to restate them, so i reported the bad things he DELIBERATELY left out.

And for the record, you are on a multi-platform sales-tracking site. If you don't wish to see anything bad about the PS3, join the SonyDefenseForce site. 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

One last thing, I had to go to work and therefore couldn't defend myself against these posts, i thank Onimusha12 for looking out for me.
The backlash against anyone who dares to criticize Sony is getting ridiculous. I expect it from Hus and Leo, but i used to have more respect for Lennon.

Dodece said:
I too am curious as to exactly why people are hopeful based on what was said at the keynote. I read a number of very vague statements, and to be honest you cannot draw concrete conclusions on statements like back to basics. That means something different to everyone, and triggers a nostalgia response. However what if their idea of basics is cloning every game Nintendo makes. What if their idea of basic is to do everything that Nintendo does a few months later.

I have to say I was not impressed by the rumble announcement. I am not impressed by the perceived need to have rumble in controllers in the first place. When rumble came on the market it was fun. You take a hit shake. However it is over ten years later and its still take a hit and shake. Most developers do not use the technology for anything remotely useful other then to shake your hands numb. This was not a PS3 problem it was a gaff at the system by players who did not own it. Did people really care this much.

Why are people happy about the Non HD gaming comments. Thats not a good thing. Thats a really bad thing. You spent over $350 more in North America for the most part to get those great visuals and now they are going to abandon them in favor of gameplay. Thats not good thats bad they are talking about reducing the quality in favor of volume. You the owner is going to get worse games. So that Sony can sell more consoles. How is that remotely fair.

I am very confused by all this up beat attitude. Perhaps I am missing something could someone enlighten me. I also have to say this if you want this forum to be a private forum perhaps you should poll the PS3 community, and ask for this forum not to allocate hot topics to the main page. Not sure why that would be a good idea the forum would stagnate, and you would be hiding positive PS3 posts like the system were a leper, but I suppose if are anti social on a multi system site your anti social.

QFT!

I'm afraid no Sony fan will have any answers for you. Either that or they will hust give you an ignorant reply about you getting out of their forum because you don't own or want a PS3. 

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

badgerfan20945 said:
@ Onimusha12

Trying to type on a PS3 without a keyboard can be diffucult, so im sorry that I can't type more than 5 sentences without using "STFU" or anything else that may have affended you. But you or starcraft probably don't own a PS3, so you have no idea.

I'll be as civil as possible. Do you believe that starcraft should have made any posts on this topic that pretain to the PS3, knowing that there would be backlash from those that actually own one? He managed to post negative remarks about sony's TGS keynote three post into the topic. If anyone read the live blogging of the event, more good came out of it (Dual Shock 3, Remote Play on more PS3 titles in the future, advances to Home, a price cut being possible, amitting the PS3 launch was disappointing, advancement of relations between Sony and its consumers) and yet starcraft managed to post the few negatives related to the keynote.

As a PS3 fan, these comments bother me. When someone focuses on the negatives of a system, ignoring the fact that a lot of good came out of the Keynote, it upsets me, but when its someone who doesn't own the system, it pisses me off (Which led to the post I made). If a PS3 fan would have said it, it would bother me as well. More good came out of the keynote, not bad. And I understand starcraft stated his opinion and he is entitled to one. Its just that his comment bothers me, that's all.

So in otherwords you're saying Starcraft should have known that people like yourself wouldn't of have had the stomach for the truth and should have just left you all alone to your happly little fantasies of the PS3 being the greatest thing ever and that everything is turning around 100% for the better, like we haven't heard that claim before.

When you break it down all you’re really saying is that you don’t want to be reminded of the negative things about the PS3. And in the end you’ll make any excuse to frame anything a person has to say negatively about it as trolling. In the end, your skin is just too thin and you can’t stomach the fact the console you chose isn’t without flaw. Welcome to reality.

^
lol, a bit blunt perhaps, but yeah essentially in line with what im saying. ON a multiplatform, public board you are going to hear the good things AND the bad things about each system. As i said to badger above, if you dont wish to hear about it when Sony does something incompetent, go to SDF or PS3land.

Around the Network

@starcraft

Reading through this thread again you are actually correct. I am sorry for my attacks in this thread, dunno, guess I am a little too defensive after the bad TGS showing...

Anyway, sorry man.

Its cool. I know i sometimes have very fanboyish tendencies when it comes to supporting the 360. Its just i thought i was able to tone them down a lot more when it comes to Sony. Dont get me wrong, the PS3 is a great piece of hardware which i will own eventually. I just dont like a lot of Sony's arrogance in bringing it to the table, and am waiting for it to get compelling software before i make my purchase.
Anyways, peace

Ah, the entire Sony TGS thing was very frustrating for Sony fans. We went into TGS under the impression that Sony were going to give us this awesome plan on how they intend to turn things around and all they done was give their new motto "Good things come to those who wait".... and ramble on stupid charts/graphs and delay things that were promised.

I am getting a little tired of this wait with the PS3, patience is NOT a virtue at the moment. lol

jhlennon1 said:
Ah, the entire Sony TGS thing was very frustrating for Sony fans. We went into TGS under the impression that Sony were going to give us this awesome plan on how they intend to turn things around and all they done was give their new motto "Good things come to those who wait".... and ramble on stupid charts/graphs and delay things that were promised.

I am getting a little tired of this wait with the PS3, patience is NOT a virtue at the moment. lol

And the rumble wasn't the TouchSense thing...  ⌐⌐