By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz definitely turning things around

your mother said:

...and you know that trollfest übermeister Gballzack is back, right? 88 posts and counting...

Yeah. I do. She/He is still pretty quiet but I expect him/her to explode pretty soon

Around the Network
kber81 said:
your mother said:

...and you know that trollfest übermeister Gballzack is back, right? 88 posts and counting...

Yeah. I do. She/He is still pretty quiet but I expect him/her to explode pretty soon

You don't have to wait any longer. Mega Troll Supreme has already had a few lengthy exchanges with the typical pro-Sony camp and took several cheap shots at ckmlb.

I am just waiting to see how many posts this time around before being banned again...

so ken is now the scapegoat.. should give him credit for what he has done.  kaz is a career executive; you can't even compare the two men, night and day.

in all honesty, most of the praises have gone to areas where kaz hasn't exactly done anything:

- ps3 dev tools: those have always been in development

- rumble: needed lawsuit to be out of the way

all you need is a figurehead and these things will naturally take care of themselves when you have a division with thousands of employees.  seriously.  you need to try hard to mess things up here.

the things that are actual positives, i.e. signs of change:

- admits ps3's poor launch: well, gonna start somewhere

- aggressive expansion: 2 more studios acquired, also, appears to start "bribing" 3rd parties

- emphasis more on games

nothing groundbreaking.  but hey, he's a career executive, not an innovator.  and the truth is, most of the time, that's all you need--ken innovates, things just didn't work out (perhaps he had too much power?).  the important thing to realize is that the ps3's problems lies not so much in its execution (which, incredibly, has also been problematic), but its direction as a multimedia hub.  that bit cannot be changed, no matter how much kaz wants to, nor does kaz have the influence within sony to change that.  sony is committed to the ps3 for many more years, and kaz will largely act within the lines drawn by sony.

if rumors are to be believed, sony has paid square enix to make ps3 exclusives.  this probably means kaz believes the way out of 3rd place is get more developers on board and get more games out.  the 2 studio acquisitions reinforces this.  if those were kaz's conceptions, i.e. pour more money behind the ps3, he could try to convince sony upper management to allow for yet another price cut, in the form of a lessened ps3 hardware.  it is consistent with the 40Gb rumors.

problem is, the harder sony pushes, the harder microsoft pushes back.  good for both ps3 fans and 360 fans, since undoubtedly this takes some 3rd party resources away from the wii, but all this means that it's gonna be hard for either ps3 or 360 to turn a profit this generation. 

as much as some of you hate ken, he's probably the one who has the best chance of propelling the ps3 past the 360.  he knows what the machine can do; as for kaz... he'll lower the risk of a catastrophe that ken could have induced (if not already), but i doubt he has the influence nor the fresh ideas to propel the ps3 to get past 360.  to phrase in another way, kaz is perfectly replaceable by lots of other executives out there.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Lingyis said:

so ken is now scapegoat...

in all honesty, most of the praises have gone to areas where kaz hasn't exactly done anything:

Noone here is saying Ken was a bad guy. Personally I really respect him. He is a visionary. Kaz Hirai although has one feature that Ken lacks - politically correct attitude. This is his assets. He isn't as proud as Kutargi. Sony needs to bend down and try to be trendy and user friendly once again. Kaz Hirai is a good choice. When he speaks people listen. He is authentic.

i could have made a thread about reggie about why he turned things around, even more, but i won't. cause

one just doesn't.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network
Neos said:
i could have made a thread about reggie about why he turned things around, even more, but i won't. cause

one just doesn't.

You can start even a public debate about an idea to remove Mario's moustache. I don't care as long as you keeps it in N forum...

Hus said:
Magera said:
Yikes kber81. What's up with you today? -Are you seriously that insulted by comments that you gotta throw insults around?

Seriously dude, it's not like your life is going to be effected by what is said in a forum. Just ignore other peoples comments if they are not appropriate. Just don't go and get yourself banned because of one of them.

Nothing is wrong with him.

Its the same thing i bitch about, you cant make a sony does something good thread witout wii60 fanboys fucking it up and Thats in the damn sony forum.

fishjoy only own the wii, posts Nintendo ass kissing threads/negative sony threads.

I perfectly understand, I mean atm, I prefer the Wii but it doesn't mean I'm not interested in PS3 stuff and it really annoys me to see those comments all the time.

And now back to the thread, well I sure hope this guy will make a difference, they need it. Bring on the 40GB PS3, it would be great! ^^ If the price is low enough, I'll consider getting one... I just have trouble missing FF/SO/KH titles.

I'm actually very impressed by how much Sony has been shaping up recently. Getting rid of Kutaragi and scaling down from outrageous lying to just loaded language has made them somewhat more likable too.

Beating the 360 is probably already impossible, but looks like they're going to get to the 30-40 million range after all.

Kaz:

There's going to be a price cut, someday.
You will get HOME, someday.
Rumble is coming to you... someday.

BYE!

I agree, Kaz is definitely righting a wronged ship.

How some of you are asking? This is more about presentation. More about actually turning the ship around but not quite actually moving back.

Kaz talked about going "back to basics". I myself have stated for the past year that Sony needs to go back to being the company that kicked down the industry door and said, "I've got balls of steel!" They've lost touch with the Playstation generation and now Kaz wants to go back to those roots which is very good news for Sony fans.

The rEVOLution is not being televised