By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz definitely turning things around

tnsnick12345 said:
i was dissapointed 2nite honestly.
i expected more, i want a ps3 but i want more about sony bringing back some old rpg franchises.

well the old franchises might still be coming, Sony only mainly talked business. There is something like 50 games on display there just from first party for the PS2/PS3/PSP but mostly PS3. For RPGs you have FFXIII, and White Knight Story just to name the known major ones. Just wait TGS is what? 5 days long. Chill and watch. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
starcraft said:
outlawauron said:
^
Old games will have the rumble feature via PSN update. Do Research.

And yes if an existing owner of the PS3 wants the rumble controller, they have to buy another one.

The same thing happened during the PS1 era whenever the introduced the Dual Shock.

Some will, far from all. Do Research

Well every first party title will I believe, but most will.

Link: http://kotaku.com/gaming/tgs07/the-list-of-ps3-games-that-support-the-dualshock-3-301734.php

I mean that's a pretty big list.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

FishyJoe said:
If they were really on top of things, they would announce some kind of trade in program for people who buy the PS3 now with the old controllers. Why on earth would I want to buy a PS3 now with obsolete controllers?

sony is plenty fair in replacing products, they sent me a free copy of the fifth element BD remastered... that was because it did not hold up... the sixaxis works just fine, and i doubt that many new systems will still be lacking dualshock 3's. you don't have nor want(as it seems) a PS3, so why do you care anyways... other than to flame it.

I don't get why people are upset by the keynote speech, I agree it seems like they're getting things on the right track.

I mean it'd be "fun" to see some big new game announcements but IMO speaches like this about the buisness side are going to tell you 100 times more about the consoles future then the announcements of one or two big games.

Exactly what news is telling you they are getting things together? Except for Home delay and the Dual Shock, everything else was previously known.

Around the Network

I think Sony wants to wait because they are not able to reduce the price NOW
As was saying kn, they are still selling some high production costs unit.
Maybe they will strike in beginning 2008 with MGS4/Killzone2 + price drop ???

Time to Work !

That's what some quality time in Sony's moldy dungeons do to a person... :)

FishyJoe said:
Exactly what news is telling you they are getting things together? Except for Home delay and the Dual Shock, everything else was previously known.

Jerks like you should be banned. Try to shake your wiimote if you have nothing to do. If you don't care just leave this thread for those who do. 

kber...I think that was out of line. All threads are open to discussion. What fishy said, while obviously not inline with your beliefs, was nonetheless a justifiable response to the thread title. Try rebutting his comment with facts instead of telling him he should be banned.

FishyJoe said:

They're agressivly working to make the Cell less of a pain to develop for by offering a lot of help and working on better dev kits.

While they have all this new neat stuff they plan on "going back to basics" which i'd interpret as a move to focus on the actual games since they put in in contrast to the "multimedia supercenter" stuff.

Meaning things like blu-ray movies and multimedia options that make the PS3 more of a home entertainment system will take a back seat to what actually matters.  Games.  Not only games but better games as back to basics hopefully means a focus on gameplay, design and story as opposed to graphics, which also seemed to be the case when he talked in the Q&A session that sony games might not have "full" HD to allow more stuff on the screen at once and that games will be more complex in the future.