By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz definitely turning things around

@Onimusha12
We cry troll because the comments are so retarded or so completely negative that we have no choice. The only reason starcraft came on this was to start something, and it worked. The thread is a complete mess now. Trying to stay on topic, Kaz will need some time to turn this around, so lets wait til the holidays to evaluate the current situation.

BTW to say that this website is now somewhat Nintendo bias is BS. And if you or anyone else won't stay on topic, STFU and GTFO.

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer

Around the Network
badgerfan20945 said:
@Onimusha12
We cry troll because the comments are so retarded or so completely negative that we have no choice. The only reason starcraft came on this was to start something, and it worked. The thread is a complete mess now. Trying to stay on topic, Kaz will need some time to turn this around, so lets wait til the holidays to evaluate the current situation.

BTW to say that this website is now somewhat Nintendo bias is BS. And if you or anyone else won't stay on topic, STFU and GTFO.

The topic was far gone before I got here and you've more than played your part in making this mess what it is so don't be so eager to lay blame on the "outsiders", remember, it takes two to argue. I also see no comments that are so "retarded" that they warranted the violent backlash that they got. Notice, starcraft isn't the only member in this thread raising such issues, yet your focus on him makes me wonder if you're not trying to spin the situation here to your favor. The situation in this thread is but a symptom of a recent trend on this site that has been reaching the boiling point warranting the backlash from many forum members like starcraft who are normally quiet and reserved.

this is not a fan site, this is a next-gen wars and sales site, this is a site where we discuss both the good and the bad and evaluate situations based on trends and prior observations. This is a site where reality is observed and if you can't handle people who don't think the way you do, then you're in the wrong place.

This is also a site where we are civil and debate like adults, if you can't type more than five scentences without being reduced to language such as "retarded" and "STFU" then you're obviously not in a position to try and play the cool headed voice of reason.

@Onimusha 12
I've read starcraft last three posts on Sony topic's and he as done nothing but trolled and he talks about fanboys when he obviously is one and don't defend him because he started this mess.

BTW debate like adults is a joke because more then half these threads all fanboys do is bitch.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

That is kinda a shame, my friend just dropped 120 bucks on 2 new controllers and a new cord so 4 people could play Warhawk at his house, and now all of 3 weeks later, he could have got rumble. Well, he'll be sad anyway.

One can always hope. Also, I keep hearing G-Man in my head. Get out of there!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

joshmyersBV said:
@Onimusha 12
I've read starcraft last three posts on Sony topic's and he as done nothing but trolled and he talks about fanboys when he obviously is one and don't defend him because he started this mess.

BTW debate like adults is a joke because more then half these threads all fanboys do is bitch.

You call Starfcraft a troll for using the words like, "fanboy" but then you yourself use it to sum up everyone in this thread you don't see eye to eye with. What of the other members in this thread who share his sentiments, are they fanboys too?

If you're just going to assume that everyone is already fanboys anyway and debating is a matter of fruitless "bitching" then save yourself the trouble and don't post. It'll spare you the headache.

Around the Network

your words
"The situation in this thread is but a symptom of a recent trend on this site that has been reaching the boiling point warranting the backlash from many forum members like starcraft who are normally quiet and reserved."

Starcraft

"He said that a price drop wont come this year (other than the given $499 for the 80gb), home is delayed, no other big news and there is already mixed reactions to the Afrika game. Not all games will have rumble support, and everyone has to purchase the rumble controllers separately. Exactly what has he turned around?"

does that sound quiet to you? he kenw that when he posted that someone was going to say something about it and how it was a negative post.

but you are right I was worng in calling him a fanboy but

"then i'd place you firmly in the fanboy category" but does that give him the right to call someone a fanboy as well?

Oh and I'm sorry if "bitch" was the wrong word to use. Not trying to be rude.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills

@ Onimusha12

Trying to type on a PS3 without a keyboard can be diffucult, so im sorry that I can't type more than 5 sentences without using "STFU" or anything else that may have affended you. But you or starcraft probably don't own a PS3, so you have no idea.

I'll be as civil as possible. Do you believe that starcraft should have made any posts on this topic that pretain to the PS3, knowing that there would be backlash from those that actually own one? He managed to post negative remarks about sony's TGS keynote three post into the topic. If anyone read the live blogging of the event, more good came out of it (Dual Shock 3, Remote Play on more PS3 titles in the future, advances to Home, a price cut being possible, amitting the PS3 launch was disappointing, advancement of relations between Sony and its consumers) and yet starcraft managed to post the few negatives related to the keynote.

As a PS3 fan, these comments bother me. When someone focuses on the negatives of a system, ignoring the fact that a lot of good came out of the Keynote, it upsets me, but when its someone who doesn't own the system, it pisses me off (Which led to the post I made). If a PS3 fan would have said it, it would bother me as well. More good came out of the keynote, not bad. And I understand starcraft stated his opinion and he is entitled to one. Its just that his comment bothers me, that's all.

"I don't believe anyone walks into a game store with $600 in their pocket and wonders what console to buy." -President of Worldwide studios Phil Harrison "Nintendo Wii has been a successful enterprise, and a very good business compared with ours, because it's cheaper." -Sony chairman and CEO Howard Stringer

TalonMan said:

The two of you need to grow up and stop being so defensive about everything anti-Sony. Rather than getting your pants in a bunch, why not make points to dispute what FishyJoe said? I didn't see anything so offensive as to deserve the flames Kber decided to send out.

Oh, and Kber, don't even think of getting the impression that you're somehow immune to banning. That would be a mistake on your part...

Cheer up TalonMan It sounds pretty gloomy. Immune to banning... I like this sentence. C'mon I'm a nice guy.

jhlennon1 said:

You're on a role here but please provide some proof where I have supported Sony's dodgy practices? Hell, I never even bothered to attack the dodgy practices MS have done. I don't get into stuff like that.

Infact, I am pissed at Sony for screwing early adopters with the controllers. It's going to cost us over $100us dollars to replace our controllers because of them.... that pisses me off. What's worse, Spring 08 while Japan gets them in Nov.....what the hell? Is there some supply issue that Sony are not admitting because last I checked it's just a ****ing controller. Extremely annoyed at that.

I am pissed off with them delaying GT5 Prologue in Japan until December when they had it set for October. There are many things that Sony have done/are doing that pisses me off.

If you haven't noticed, I have been praising the PSP and staying clear of the PS3 for that exact reason. Not to many positive PS3 posts from me...

Well if you recognise that Sony has adopted some dodgy business practices and screwed over many of its most loyal consumers, then why in gods name did you attack me simply because i pointed them out? And for the record, telling noone to pay attention to me on the grounds that im supposedely blinded by blatant fanboyism, IS insulting.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

joshmyersBV said:
your words
"The situation in this thread is but a symptom of a recent trend on this site that has been reaching the boiling point warranting the backlash from many forum members like starcraft who are normally quiet and reserved."

Starcraft

"He said that a price drop wont come this year (other than the given $499 for the 80gb), home is delayed, no other big news and there is already mixed reactions to the Afrika game. Not all games will have rumble support, and everyone has to purchase the rumble controllers separately. Exactly what has he turned around?"

does that sound quiet to you? he kenw that when he posted that someone was going to say something about it and how it was a negative post.

but you are right I was worng in calling him a fanboy but

"then i'd place you firmly in the fanboy category" but does that give him the right to call someone a fanboy as well?

Oh and I'm sorry if "bitch" was the wrong word to use. Not trying to be rude.
Excuse me? Of course it was a negative comment, because they are all negative things! But since when does pointing out a company has made a bad move mean that I am being a negative fanboy.  And for the record, you blatantly took the 2nd highlighted part out of context. I told lennon he was a fanboy after he said exactly the same thing to me first and ASKED ME to define "fanboy." 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS