By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Kaz definitely turning things around

OriGin said:
I would hope I am not bundled into that group you talk about jhlennon because I consider myself completely neutral it would be interested to see where people think I stand by the way that I talk? I hope my posts have some credability.

SSJ yes that is a GREAT thing for Sony to be doing as fans, but how does it drive their sales higher??? I cannot believe HS, Warhawk and Lair have all sold as poorly as they have... what the hell kind of game do the majority of PS3 owners want to get them higher sales than that?

I can understand the low sales for Metroid but all those people who paid so much for their PS3... I just don't understand how no more than 3% of those owners have picked up HS in its first week and only about 4 - 5% of owners have picked up Lair since it launched... even I had it pegged higher than that.

Theres actually a ton of people on Warhawk, most downloaded the game. 

As for actually buying games, I kinda halted 600+ owners from buying. I had a Blu-ray Buy-a-thon on the 18th that drained a few wallets. 

Another reason is that a lot of people are waiting till the holidays when they get their christmas bonuses to buy a ton of games including HS which that havent bought yet. I know about 17 people that are doing that.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
OriGin said:
I would hope I am not bundled into that group you talk about jhlennon because I consider myself completely neutral it would be interested to see where people think I stand by the way that I talk? I hope my posts have some credability.

SSJ yes that is a GREAT thing for Sony to be doing as fans, but how does it drive their sales higher??? I cannot believe HS, Warhawk and Lair have all sold as poorly as they have... what the hell kind of game do the majority of PS3 owners want to get them higher sales than that?

I can understand the low sales for Metroid but all those people who paid so much for their PS3... I just don't understand how no more than 3% of those owners have picked up HS in its first week and only about 4 - 5% of owners have picked up Lair since it launched... even I had it pegged higher than that.

I always thought the "people buy the PS3 as a bluray player" was a bunch of bullshit.

But given the low sales number of the recent high profile titles, I can't help but think there is quite a bit of truth to this. Or maybe people just bought a PS3 for MGS and FF, and those games only.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

starcraft said:
jhlennon1 said:
LOL. Why do the Sony fans on this board bother? Complete waste of time. Guys you need to learn which users are worth responding to and which are best ignored and only then will you make some progress.

starcraft for example is best ignored. He can't see past his love for MS and therefore his posts are not even worth reading unless you are a Microsoft fan.

Seriously, best approach, pick users worth talking to and there are a few here and reply to them. Ignore the likes of selnor, starcraft etc...

It is my intention to own all three next-gen systems whenever they obtain enough good games to warrant their price tag. For the 360, this was shortly after gears of war, for the Wii it will probably be after SMG or the next Zelda, for the PS3 it remains to be seen. You cannot possible argue that the system is doing well, particularly for someone like me who isn't heavily into traditional Japanese games. You can hardly argue that the three biggest titles that Sony themselves hyped as system sellers having bad controls, no single-player and a gamelength of 6 hours respectively is a good thing.

You are the worst kind of Fanboy, the kind that holds a genuine belief that he is better than everyone else and somehow feels that because he doesn't swear and curse like Hus his blatant personal attacks are justified.

Thats really a bad example as World of Warcraft has 9+ million users.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I am so tired of that bullshit argument that people keep on dishing out. There is a difference between outright bashing of a console, and making relevant criticisms based on the topic that the thread is based on.

I have done this before and I will again today, I DARE ANY PS3 FANBOY, to show me the comment where they made a relevant criticism on a the main topic of the thread they posted in, and got ban threats, or anything other than relevant counter points.

Wanna guess what will happen? NOTHING, because the idea that Hus talks about is BULL, pure unadulterated BULL CRAP.

starcraft said:
jhlennon1 said:
LOL. Why do the Sony fans on this board bother? Complete waste of time. Guys you need to learn which users are worth responding to and which are best ignored and only then will you make some progress.

starcraft for example is best ignored. He can't see past his love for MS and therefore his posts are not even worth reading unless you are a Microsoft fan.

Seriously, best approach, pick users worth talking to and there are a few here and reply to them. Ignore the likes of selnor, starcraft etc...

It is my intention to own all three next-gen systems whenever they obtain enough good games to warrant their price tag. For the 360, this was shortly after gears of war, for the Wii it will probably be after SMG or the next Zelda, for the PS3 it remains to be seen. You cannot possible argue that the system is doing well, particularly for someone like me who isn't heavily into traditional Japanese games.

You are the worst kind of Fanboy, the kind that holds a genuine belief that he is better than everyone else and somehow feels that because he doesn't swear and curse like Hus his blatant personal attacks are justified.

Can you please give me your definition of what a "fanboy" is?

And I never personally attacked you. I said that you should be ignored because you are only in Sony threads spreading negative news or shooting down good news.

As for the PS3 I have not argued that the system is doing well, I know it's not. That was why I have been very vocal about my desire for a price drop and even more grasping at straws hoping for a FFVII remake to help the situation. 

You bring this on yourself because when you constantly do the same thing over and over you develop a track record. I don't like Microsoft, that is why you hardly ever hear me even mention the system because if I do mention it I will be negative.

Your first post in this thread is a classic example. You mentioned everything that was bad about Kaz's TGS keynote while completely forgetting all the positive things he has done. Kaz has been much more polite and provided Sony with good 3rd party relations, he is offering support, doing his best to slowly turn a ship that has been damaged by those before him. It is not Kaz's fault that Home is delayed, it is not Kaz's fault that Sony is not in the position to drop the PS3 price, it's not Kaz's fault the PS3 is in it's current situation but the guy has made steps to correcting the situation and they deserve to be acknowledged. You cannot fix something as wrong as the PS3 overnigh, it is a gradual process and the first steps have been planted. 

Not you though, straight in with everything that is still wrong, as normal. 

Around the Network

@lennon
By the same token, this thread represented Kaz's employment position as the source of the supposed turnaround in the PS3's fortunes. If we accept that the good things can be applied to Sony's PR department then we accept the bad things as well.
You seem to have convinced yourself that im simply a troll and nothing more, so i suggest you take a glance through my 500 posts and examine some of my ideas. The majority of my posts have concerned the 360, but i make no reservations about criticizing or praising all three systems when they deserve it. You said yourself that the PS3 isn't doing well, doesn't it logically follow that it receives less praise and more criticism accordingly?
Wherever I have criticized the PS3 i have offered a justification (likewise the other systems), you are a fanboy in that regardless of the provided justification, you label everyone that criticizes the PS3 a fanboy as well.
In response to your statement about this specific thread, i simply responded to the threads contents. ssj12 believes Kaz has implemented a turnaround, but this implies that such a turnaround has actually occurred. The PS3 is not coming close to winning any market and is a distant third in two of them. Likewise, the keynote he gave had much more surprise bad news than surprise good news.
Get off your high-horse, your as selective in your application of evidence as anyone else on these forums, and clearly have no right to point fingers.

Edit: As another example of selective application of evidence, witness ssj12 cherry-picking two words out of my 12-line post above to have a go at! 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@Starcraft

I never called you a troll.... I said you are always posting negative. There is a difference between the two. If you haven't noticed Hus, leo-j and co have a hard time ignoring negative comments hence why 99% of Sony related arguments will involve one of them. You don't often see me involved with such arguments because I simply skip those posts from such users and recommend that they do the same for their own benefit.

Also, you again accused me of being a fanboy without providing your definition of what a fanboy is? You really should provide a definition before throwing the word around at users.

If your actually creating posts solely to criticize people that like the Xbox 360 and dislike Sony's marketing tactics and trojan-horsing strategy, then i'd place you firmly in the fanboy category. Whats worse is your not just trying to defend the console, your trying to defend the company and their tactics. I don't pretend that Microsoft is some saintly company and i never have, your attacking people for disliking Sony's clear arrogance and dodgy practices.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

There is plenty to criticize the PS3 for just as there is plenty to be optimistic about it so both are perfectly relevant subjects for discussion here. You're blind if you honestly think every negative comment is an assault on Sony or its fanbase either. Incidentally if you're going to make erroneous or outragous positive claims or excuses for the PS3 then you're just asking for trouble and have no right to be upset when someone comes along to gives you a reality check.

You've veimently declaired time and time again your right to criticize the Wii and 360 but the second anyone has anything less than flattering to say about the PS3, you cry troll without exception and accuse the whole site of having a Nintendo bias. This is getting so damn old. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. The PS3 is not a protected species here, it is not immuned from reality, it follows the same rules as the Wii and 360 does here.

Why some of you choose to defend everything and anything Sony when common sense should tell you otherwise is just baffling. If you’re not going to pick and choose your battles or recognize when the home team has made a mistake then you’re asking for trouble and have no one else to blame but yourself when someone slaps you in the face with a healthy dose of reality.  

starcraft said:
If your actually creating posts solely to criticize people that like the Xbox 360 and dislike Sony's marketing tactics and trojan-horsing strategy, then i'd place you firmly in the fanboy category. Whats worse is your not just trying to defend the console, your trying to defend the company and their tactics. I don't pretend that Microsoft is some saintly company and i never have, your attacking people for disliking Sony's clear arrogance and dodgy practices.

You're on a role here but please provide some proof where I have supported Sony's dodgy practices? Hell, I never even bothered to attack the dodgy practices MS have done. I don't get into stuff like that.

Infact, I am pissed at Sony for screwing early adopters with the controllers. It's going to cost us over $100us dollars to replace our controllers because of them.... that pisses me off. What's worse, Spring 08 while Japan gets them in Nov.....what the hell? Is there some supply issue that Sony are not admitting because last I checked it's just a ****ing controller. Extremely annoyed at that.

I am pissed off with them delaying GT5 Prologue in Japan until December when they had it set for October. There are many things that Sony have done/are doing that pisses me off. 

If you haven't noticed, I have been praising the PSP and staying clear of the PS3 for that exact reason. Not to many positive PS3 posts from me...