By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Lets say Nintendo Announced Wii HD at E3...

they wouldn't they are making enough money and are in 1st

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network

It'd be stupid and foolish of them to do that. The public would feel betrayed, their fans would feel betrayed, it wouldn't be received well at all. Nintendo stocks would drop, sales would falter, and it'd ultimately be the stupidest thing Nintendo ever did.

SW-5120-1900-6153

i don't think so. Maybe Nintando will announce the new wii's price!

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

It'd be way to early.

Anyway unless something spectacular happens I'll be skipping next gen, my Wii+PC+DS combo should last me through that time.

MasterZack said:
i don't think so. Maybe Nintando will announce the new wii's price!

I think unveiling a new variety of games will spice up Nintendo's offerings on the Wii enough that demand can shoot up to previous levels without a price-drop.

I'd like them to do a drop, but I don't know if I see it happening yet.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

I say what I say every time someone mentions the Wii HD

If it is merely an upscaler - it would have little effect, on either graphics quality or sales

If it is a new console, it will fail because it would be compteting against the Wii. Hence why it is such a dumb suggestion. Nintendo are never the first to release a new console

Not right away.
I have LOTS of data on my Wii that I cherrish that can't transfer to an SD card.
I would wait quite a while.

the WII now is capible of doing 720p, nintendo just doesn;t care

It just just be not so good graphics with a higher resolution

Man, if there were a Wii that was exactly the same as the current Wii except that it added Wii Motion Plus, and 720p support, I'd sell my current Wii and buy the newer version in about 3 seconds.

Sounds to me like a case of imaginative salivation. For some reason some people just love HD, for myself and a lot of people I know it's a little overrated.

Some things just don't make sense outside of your mind, you need to get in touch with that if speculating is your thing.