By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360blog.org: Top 10 Best Game Controllers

While I certainly don't expect to agree with everything, I still found this list to be downright terrible. It's clearly written by a Nintendo fanboy who doesn't know much about other systems, except obviously for the most popular ones such as the Megadrive/Genesis, PS2 and the 360.

Any such list that includes the N64 controller is an automatic fail. This controller was never cloned by anyone, and it's design was quickly abandoned by Nintendo themselves. It was a massive step in the wrong direction that had zero influence on future controllers. Nintendo's next controller, the Gamecube controller, was a clone of the Sega Saturn "3D" analog controller. In fact Sega's first analog controller has pretty much served as a blueprint for modern analog controllers ever since it appeared in Japanese shops only 6 days after the launch of the N64.

I find it ironic that an obvious Nintendo fanboy rates the Gamecube/Wavebird controller as the best ever. It's the only controller Nintendo ever made where they cloned the competition, rather than try to innovate and come up with their own ideas. And no, there's nothing innovative about the wireless part nor did it open up any "floodgates".

Around the Network

i disagree with everything to be honest.
whe i saw #10 i said okay then #9 i said wtf, then #7 and i checked the titles again just to make sure they are not saying "Top ten worst controllers"

My list would be very different, the top 3 would be as follows

1 - Wiimote - innovation, good motion control
2 Wavebird - innovation, wireless controller
3 - GC pad - innovation - the first controller to ever be more comfortable than not holding a controller

I disagree with the list...

That's all I'll say...

4 ≈ One

The NES controller was awful, anyone who played with it for long periods of time can tell you about the blisters.

Around the Network

Pretty good list even though I don't really like the GC controller very much.
The 360 should have been #1; the d-pad isn't important when most games don't really use it for much.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

superb list, I personally think the 360 controller should be number 1 but number 2 isn't bad, dual shock shouldn't even be on the list, it's awful!

to anyone who says that the "Home button" and the daul triggers on 360 is innovative.

simplicity and innovation should give the SNES controller number 1.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

and the number one is truly false, its not the first wireless controller as i remember a crappy (yes crappy) ps1 controllers that you had to plug some receiver on both port one and two for it to go wireless.