By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360blog.org: Top 10 Best Game Controllers

Words Of Wisdom said:

The original Sega 3-button controller was garbage and should not be on that list.

A brand new 3-button controller (of that time) had a very sharp d-pad and was painful to use for prolonged periods of time (even the original NES d-pad was softer).  The lack of more than 4 buttons also seriously hurt its use in a lot of games once the utterly superior 6-button controller was released further cementing its uselessness.

The Virtual Boy's controller is also symptomatic of poor design--try holding the handles and pressing buttons.  Nintendo learned how to do the N64's controller right having screwed up the Virtual Boy's.  I'm sure you just wanted to get some bragging points for reminding people the Virtual Boy existed but the controller really was awful.

Well Iv been playing Virtual Boy games all week, (mostly Wario Land) and I do think its among the most comfertable controllers Iv ever used

Around the Network

I sold my PS1 back in the days, because I had problems with the controller. Now, 11 years later, I STILL have a problem with this kind of controller. Sony should try something new... But not the banana-one.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

ugh Megadrive controllers.

Everything else is either fine, or I have not experienced them so I can't comment.

O-D-C said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

The original Sega 3-button controller was garbage and should not be on that list.

A brand new 3-button controller (of that time) had a very sharp d-pad and was painful to use for prolonged periods of time (even the original NES d-pad was softer).  The lack of more than 4 buttons also seriously hurt its use in a lot of games once the utterly superior 6-button controller was released further cementing its uselessness.

The Virtual Boy's controller is also symptomatic of poor design--try holding the handles and pressing buttons.  Nintendo learned how to do the N64's controller right having screwed up the Virtual Boy's.  I'm sure you just wanted to get some bragging points for reminding people the Virtual Boy existed but the controller really was awful.

Well Iv been playing Virtual Boy games all week, (mostly Wario Land) and I do think its among the most comfertable controllers Iv ever used

Either you're exaggerating or your hands are way bigger than mine (wouldn't surprise me that much).

Ah yes, I so agree with that #1. Wavebird is still my favourite controller ever, too. :) Absolutely, no contest. I still remember the 1st time I wrapped my hands around a GameCube controller... So comfortable it seemed unreal. :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

One major gripe I have with the list is the guitar controller. It is only a one-trick pony. For that reason, I don't think it belongs.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

HA,ha ,,X360 # 2,..,.IN YOURS FACES,..HATERS..

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Nintendo usually does have the most comfortable controllers so it's not surprising to see so many Nintendo ones on the list.

Words Of Wisdom said:
O-D-C said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Either you're exaggerating or your hands are way bigger than mine (wouldn't surprise me that much).

guess I have big hands then...

but Ill always remmeber when I got my Virtual Boy from ebay I was amazed at the controller.

The Nintendo 64 controller was horrible. It doesn't really belong in a top 10 list for controllers if there's a whole part of the controller than you can't use (the D-Pad side). A good controller should be comfortable and accessible so that a person can press the buttons when they need to immediately react. Besides, the N64's pad has crappy buttons.