By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 360blog.org: Top 10 Best Game Controllers

I agree with most of the ratings on the list as I own most of the conosoles mentioned in it, and if I have something to say, if anyone played videogames before the PS was created, you will understand why I NEVER felt comfortable with that controller.

PlayStation controller always hurt my hands, so did the Sega Dreamcast cotroller, but at a slower pace. Dualshock 3 still sucks for me because of never relocating the stick wher it should be.

I concede Sony to have possibly the best D-pad ever created, but the cotroller is not that ergonomic.
And I'm a person which uses 8 of my ten fingers to play anything.

360 + Wii + Steam

Lone traveler

Around the Network
Killergran said:
Solid_Raiden said:
Wow. What a terrible list. In my opinion at least. I couldn't stand the GC controller, N64 controller and I generally dislike the 360 controller. How can you rate a controller with such a terrible d-pad number 2? It makes an entire genre of games so hard to play!

Why does it have to be a terrible list, just because you disagree with it?

I found it to be a really good list, even though I didn't agree with everything on it. Obviously, there is always personal preference and experience involved in making a list. This one actually took from most parts of the console history and went for at least some out of the box thinking. Reasons for placement on the list was pretty well drawn up, and there was no sign of fanboism, obvious bias or glossed over parties.

I dislike people that bash lists because they do not conform to their personal ideals or opinions. EVERYONE has different opinions, no two (long enough) lists will ever look alike. If you want to attack a list, attack underlying assumptions, explenations or factual faults, not opinions. Don't make the internet look bad.

Personally, I really disliked the Megadrive controller. That might be because I didn't own a Megadrive at the time though. But I still have horrible memories of them. I also find the WiiMote to be an absolute joy to use, more precise than I could ever have imagined it to before using it for the first time, and it's a joy to not have both your hands stuck on the controller at all times.

That's great that you dislike people that bash lists because they do not conform to their ideals or opinions, because I dislike people who fail to read. I never stated the list was terrible as a fact, I stated that it was my opinion. So it's kind of ironic that you felt the need to attack my personal opinion because you disagreed with my disagreeing of another opinion. :P

Honestly though, for a website like this I feel it's a bad list because it does exactly the opposite of what I feel journalists should be doing. Instead of rating controllers based on what they accomplished and brought to the table, the journalist instead makes a subjective list entirely off of his own opinion. I personally don't like the wii's controller much, but at the same time what other controller has single handedly drove a console to beating out the competition so severely and on to become one of the best selling consoles of all time? For me, that would have been a perfect and acceptable view for a journalist. But it's nothing more really then one person's list of favorite controllers that fit his hands and meet his needs. Of course a lot of people are going to disagree when he's so subjective. And it could be argued that at least some fanboyism may have been involved, afterall the 360 controller placed second on a 360 site when it has an awful d-pad, that like I said, makes an entire genre of gaming difficult. The original xbox controller was better suited to all games and therefor objectively should be a better choice then the 360 controller.

PS3 Trophies

The GameCube controller gets the recognition it deserves! I still think it's the most comfortable controller ever (after the 360's). Can't say much about the WaveBird though, but I guess it's pretty much the same! =P

About the DualShock "issue," well, it always had weird control stick placements. I still can't get used to it for first-person shooters. It feels awkward for some reason...

Oh, and again about the 360's D-pad issue, you guys seem to have forgotten that developers optimized games that require directional pad controls to work good with the control stick. Bionic Commando Rearmed works perfectly with the control stick, same goes for Street Fighter IV and other XBLA games like Ikaruga and such (it's precise enough to move your ship between two close bullets, and I know what I'm talking about!). People are finding bugs where there aren't any!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I couldn't agree more with number 1. I don't care about the rest of the list as long as we agree the GameCube had the best controller.

wavebird is a great controller but wiimote deserves it seeing how it can really be turned into any remote

hello how are you.

Around the Network

The Dreamcast brought us Dual Triggers, not the 360.

I think the Dreamcast controller deserves some credit.

Meh don't like the list. The rock band controller is easily better than the guitar hero controller but that isn't on the list!! And the wavebird was nice but not #1. And the dualshock should def be higher on the list as it is one of the most revolutionary controllers there ever was.

Pretty good list.

Thechalkblock said:
Pretty good list.

Agreed.  Not much I can say to dispute it.