By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks Mgs4 has been the best game this Gen thus far?

Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
It needed to be the best game on the PS3 first to get that title, it isn't.

Says who!?

Alot of people on this site think MGS4 is the best game this Gen, they are intitled to their opinion

And I'm entitled to mine, funnily enough a lot of reviewers agree with me also but feel free to disagree.

And probably more reviewers agree with me. 

Actually, they don't.

Metacritic scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (94)

Gamerankings scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97.28%), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (92.82%)

Galaxy is one of the greatest games EVER.

O Rly! Read the red, I hope you understand where you went wrong. (Btw, GTA4 dosent count )

Metacritic: Little Big Planet (95)

Game Rankings: Little Big Planet (94.35%)

Edit: Even Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 scored higher than MGS4 on both sites.

But thats because you either 'get' MGS or you dont. IGN 'got' it and gave MGS4 a 9.9, other sites that didn't 'get' it would of given it a lower score affecting its Metacritic score. 

All Im saying, is that if you know and understand the MGS plot, play the game to its potential, watch all the cutscenes and give the online a try.............it should be pretty clear what a fantastic game it is

I do and I did, MGS4 is just.... let me put it this way, to the fanatics, I can make a game with a monkey putting it's thumb up it's ass, make it stick it's peepee into random objects, and call it MGS5 yet people will still defend it. <==maybe not that extreme, but it's like talking to a trekkie or a star gate crazy person.

Around the Network
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:

Says who!?

Alot of people on this site think MGS4 is the best game this Gen, they are intitled to their opinion

And I'm entitled to mine, funnily enough a lot of reviewers agree with me also but feel free to disagree.

Actually, they don't.

Metacritic scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (94)

Gamerankings scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97.28%), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (92.82%)

O Rly! Read the red, I hope you understand where you went wrong. (Btw, GTA4 dosent count )

im sure hoping your not saying Wii fit is the best game ever cause of reviewers. and metacritic is not a trusted source , why? because i know people who reviewed a game (Killzone 2) on their site and their score added to metacritic, they arent even profesional reviewers and did it just to get hits.

PullusPardus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:

Says who!?

Actually, they don't.

im sure hoping your not saying Wii fit is the best game ever cause of reviewers. and metacritic is not a trusted source , why? because i know people who reviewed a game (Killzone 2) on their site and their score added to metacritic, they arent even profesional reviewers and did it just to get hits.

WiiFit is not a game, it's the best gimmick ever advertised and sold, it works, it's just not a game.

I am not on that list, so I don't like you anymore

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

dahuman said:
PullusPardus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:

Says who!?

Actually, they don't.

WiiFit is not a game, it's the best gimmick ever advertised and sold, it works, it's just not a game.

It makes you fit? I think it has the wrong name, it should be called 'Wii Balance'

Around the Network

best story
best emotionen
best soundtrack

This is MGS4!!! Ps3-Gamer: BUY IT!

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

The_God_of_War said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
The_God_of_War said:

Not THE best but one of the best. It'll probably be announced for the 360 next month, so I imagine both PS3 fanboys and 360 fanboys will change their minds about how much they like it

Drop it. MGS4 is never going to the 360.

There's not much to stop it happening, Konami like money so I'd give it a 50/50 chance. Makes no difference to me though, I already own the game.

Microsoft has better things to throw their money at than a year old PS3 game. Like the game's sequel.

Leonidus said:
dahuman said:
PullusPardus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:

Says who!?

Actually, they don't.

It makes you fit? I think it has the wrong name, it should be called 'Wii Balance'

it does somewhat make you more fit if you are a little older and have no time or money to get a trainer, I just don't think it's a game at all, which is fine, EA sports active will help out a lot of people as well, but they are not video games imo.

I have to go with Mario Galaxy and Zelda TP. As far as quality, MGS4 isn't the most fun I've had this gen, but it's a pretty complete package.

Of course, Tim will destroy it in quality.