By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks Mgs4 has been the best game this Gen thus far?

chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
It needed to be the best game on the PS3 first to get that title, it isn't.

Says who!?

Alot of people on this site think MGS4 is the best game this Gen, they are intitled to their opinion

And I'm entitled to mine, funnily enough a lot of reviewers agree with me also but feel free to disagree.

And probably more reviewers agree with me. 

Actually, they don't.

Metacritic scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (94)

Gamerankings scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97.28%), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (92.82%)

Galaxy is one of the greatest games EVER.

O Rly! Read the red, I hope you understand where you went wrong. (Btw, GTA4 dosent count )

Around the Network

i agree, only game near it is Valkyria Chronicles.

Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:

Says who!?

Alot of people on this site think MGS4 is the best game this Gen, they are intitled to their opinion

And I'm entitled to mine, funnily enough a lot of reviewers agree with me also but feel free to disagree.

Actually, they don't.

Metacritic scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (94)

Gamerankings scores: Super Mario Galaxy (97.28%), Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (92.82%)

O Rly! Read the red, I hope you understand where you went wrong. (Btw, GTA4 dosent count )

Metacritic: Little Big Planet (95)

Game Rankings: Little Big Planet (94.35%)

Edit: Even Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 scored higher than MGS4 on both sites.

Count me in !

Not only this gen, but best in the series and consequently (beeing the MGS fan that i am) best game i've ever played.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

I'm pretty sure that you putting pichu on the list is a fib on your part. He'd probably say Animal Crossing or some Pokemon game.

I'm not on that list and for good reason. Mario Kart Wii is the best game of this generation. Everyone knows that.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

MGS4 was for fan service, and a fine service it did, unfortunately I'm not a fan of anything, I'm a gamer, so no it's not the best game this gen, but B&B corp was hot besides that gorilla looking lady so it's all good.

chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
chasmatic12 said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:
Leonidus said:
slowmo said:

Says who!?

Actually, they don't.

Metacritic: Little Big Planet (95)

Game Rankings: Little Big Planet (94.35%)

Edit: Even Bioshock and Call of Duty 4 scored higher than MGS4 on both sites.

But thats because you either 'get' MGS or you dont. IGN 'got' it and gave MGS4 a 9.9, other sites that didn't 'get' it would of given it a lower score affecting its Metacritic score. 

All Im saying, is that if you know and understand the MGS plot, play the game to its potential, watch all the cutscenes and give the online a try.............it should be pretty clear what a fantastic game it is

Mee too. MGS 4 is the best game ever!

the best RPG's are coming 2013 !!!! oh my god, this is perfect for RPG-GAMER = ) Ni No Kuni - 25 january, Time and Eternity, tales of xillia (PS3) and the maybe best game ever: metal gear solid ground zero

Also, is there any chance of MGS4 getting trophies?