By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks Mgs4 has been the best game this Gen thus far?

By far for story it is the best game this gen game is good and online is pretty good but cod4 has best game play at least by a little bit but over all i enjoy metal gear more because of the story and presentation

Around the Network

You can add me to that list as well.

d21lewis said:
I have to go with Mario Galaxy and Zelda TP. As far as quality, MGS4 isn't the most fun I've had this gen, but it's a pretty complete package.

Thats the issue I have with the OP's statement, it's not that I think MGS4 is a bad game, it just doesn't stand out enough in general to deserve that title for anyone other than fans of the series.  The 2 games you highlighted are examples of games that can be enjoyed on their own merits with no previous experience of the prequels, given the story of MGS4 is essential to your gaming experience then some reviewers quite rightly took that into consideration.

In my book Fifa 09 is the best game this gen, it is by far the game i have spent the most playing. For me a great game is a game you keep playing, like a good film you like to watch it again. MGS4 was a good game but since i finished it the game has not returned to my PS3's drive. So because of that it does not win my best game title. But it was fun and story wise was superb, gameplay wise was pretty slack really.

Anyone who played it :D

Add me to the list.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
I'm pretty sure that you putting pichu on the list is a fib on your part. He'd probably say Animal Crossing or some Pokemon game.

I'm not on that list and for good reason. Mario Kart Wii is the best game of this generation. Everyone knows that.

It had a chance, except they messed up the battle mode which pretty much takes it out of the runnning. Have they fixed online cheating yet?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Nope, sorry but this title belong to SSBB.

C_Hollomon said:
madkiller said:

Not even close...my top 5 so far.

1. Fallout 3

2. CoD 4

3. Mass Effect

4. Gears 2

5. Fable 2

Of course they will be your fav cause you only have a 360 right

And that is only fair, because MGS4 is hyped up to a degree because it has been a PS3 exclusive.

I don't even like FPS games, but I must say: The Orange Box (especially Portal) > MGS4.

But that's 5 games to 1.

ameratsu said:
amp316 said:
I'm pretty sure that you putting pichu on the list is a fib on your part. He'd probably say Animal Crossing or some Pokemon game.

I'm not on that list and for good reason. Mario Kart Wii is the best game of this generation. Everyone knows that.

It had a chance, except they messed up the battle mode which pretty much takes it out of the runnning. Have they fixed online cheating yet?

When you're as good as me, you can usually still beat online cheaters. It takes a "skilled" online cheater to beat me. 

You may have a new avatar but you're still the same guy, aren't you? 

P.S.  Why can't you spell your own name?  

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger