By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who thinks Mgs4 has been the best game this Gen thus far?

I agree, it is by far the best game I have played this gen (and one of the best ever)!

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
No. Its only good if your a fan of the series. Otherwise its not fun at all. People who aren't farmiliar with the game will be like WTF theres more cutscenes then gameplay??

The best game is Call of Duty 4, but will be Gran Turismo 5.

This theory is invalid, I wasnt a fan of the series until I played mgs4, and then it got me to buy the first 3 mgs games.

mM
leo-j said:
coolestguyever said:
No. Its only good if your a fan of the series. Otherwise its not fun at all. People who aren't farmiliar with the game will be like WTF theres more cutscenes then gameplay??

The best game is Call of Duty 4, but will be Gran Turismo 5.

This theory is invalid, I wasnt a fan of the series until I played mgs4, and then it got me to buy the first 3 mgs games.

Also, even if what Leo-J said didn't apply, so what if its only 'good' if your a fan of hte series? It is the best game this gen thus far. The question calls for opinnion and you are not a fan of the series then you are the one missing out.

what you just said is "MGS4 is not the gens best game cause I'm not a fan of the series".

perpride said:

Also, even if what Leo-J said didn't apply, so what if its only 'good' if your a fan of hte series? It is the best game this gen thus far. The question calls for opinnion and you are not a fan of the series then you are the one missing out.

what you just said is "MGS4 is not the gens best game cause I'm not a fan of the series".

I'm going to say that MGS4 is not the gen's best game because there's at least one better game on every single platorm, and that's only in my own playing experience.

Yes, I think Little Big Planet is better than MGS4.

Kojima is a HACK!
*runs away laughing meniacally*

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
perpride said:

Also, even if what Leo-J said didn't apply, so what if its only 'good' if your a fan oft he series? It is the best game this gen thus far. The question calls for opinnion and you are not a fan of the series then you are the one missing out.

I'm going to say that MGS4 is not the gen's best game because there's at least one better game on every single platorm, and that's only in my own playing experience.

Yes, I think Little Big Planet is better than MGS4.

That, my friend, is how you state an opinnion.

IMO, the best game this gen was Bioshock. I know I will get bashed but I feel that game gave everyone it's monies worth. MGS 4 was good but it was over saturated in cutscenes I liked it but don't think it was the best game so far this gen. Plus MGS4 story was a little too diluted. Especially the twist during the 90 minute final cutscene.

Long live Bioshock.

"Would you kindly say that Bioshock is great." (those who have played the game know what I mean)

Now Playing: Crysis 2

Last Finished: BulletStorm

Online IDs: PSN: computermaximus, XBL: computermaximus

I haven't played MGS4 yet, but I doubt it's as great as Super Mario Galaxy, Mass Effect and Bioshock.

I demand a reason as to why my name isn't on that list!!

^_^

There were far too many hackneyed emotional scenes and just plain cheese dialogue to get anywhere near the best game of this generation, in my eyes. I will say one thing though, it had massive potential, and does have some of the best moments of this generation, but the game as a whole was a huge fucking mess that disappointed me over and over. I mean Akiba and Meryl professing their love during a John Woo shootout? Give me a break. Other indiscretions I don't have snappy sentences for are a lack of Codec convos and an uninteresting bunch of new characters added to the series. I do give props to the chain-smoking, soda guzzling, kevlar diaper wearing monkey though. That was cool.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.