By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Link were in GOD of WAR or Kratos in the LEGEND of ZELDA could they win?

forest-spirit said:
ctk495 said:
forest-spirit said:
@d21lewis:
Sooooo fake, everyone knows Link is the Silent Hero, Kratos would never let himself get arrested and Zelda is THE Holy Virgin (unlike Mary, not even a God could get inside her). And that blood was fake!!! Right?

@ctk495:
You are so thinking dirty thoughts right now.

Of course not,I am a clean guy.

Today's joke :p

Oh well, I better go to bed before I get to emotional. Ah Zelda, in my dreams there are just you and me, a lot of oranges, and nowhere to hide.

She is not even attractive.

Around the Network

Kratos will be crushed by Ganondorf, no match for the triforce of power.

Ling will side with the gods and game over too

naznatips said:
shinsa said:
Cheebee said:
naznatips said:
Kratos would get stuck on the first puzzle that didn't involve moving crates.

Lol. XD

i lol at this to, because people are so arogant thinking Kratos is muscle and no brain

That's not really arrogant or an assumption or whatever you were trying tos ay there with your broken English. I've played God of War. Kratos is very clearly represented as a muscle-headed moron throughout the series.

Actually, he's portrayed as a mass murdering fuckhead.

Points to anybody who gets that reference

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

link would have trouble, he lacks the ability to do great jumps, spike rooms would screw him up.

kratos would never be able to use the master sword... actually i don't think he'd get that far. in twilight how is he going to do wolf sections?

but this is hard to debate since i'm assuming that they go into each others world with only the abilities they had in theirs

link would do just fine in a god of war game, kratos would need a co-op option for all the puzzles in a zelda game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
naznatips said:
shinsa said:
Cheebee said:
naznatips said:

Lol. XD

i lol at this to, because people are so arogant thinking Kratos is muscle and no brain

That's not really arrogant or an assumption or whatever you were trying tos ay there with your broken English. I've played God of War. Kratos is very clearly represented as a muscle-headed moron throughout the series.

lol nice, arrogant was a typo but if you want to be a dick i can too..aka "tos ay"

and lol at your argument, sure he's a moron but he's not stupid. He's not the "uhhhh what do i do with this block" He is brutal and over the top or hot tempered but he isn't stupid. I haven't really read a good reason why he's stupid other then he's a brute...but you can easily see that from the trailers ;)

On a side note: Is Link a God? I've played many Zelda games but i didnt know or think he was a God. Does it say so in the games? i know he's basically a reincarnated Hero with power of the Triforce but not a God. Therefore how can Link; a mortal beat/kill a God? If Kratos a God of War not beat/kill a God.

also who says link is smart??? He doesn't have a strong character so its hard to say If he is smart or not.

Only thing i'm stumped on is if Kratos would be able to use the Master Sword, if not would he be able to find another way?

For Link; he can take on the GOW bosses but he would get murdered from the horrid of enemies. Also about the jumping thing, cant link just use the long shot/ hook shot?

It's Sad when i have to defend a character i dont like and put down a classic character because Fanboys :(

shinsa said:
naznatips said:
shinsa said:
Cheebee said:
naznatips said:

Lol. XD

lol nice, arrogant was a typo but if you want to be a dick i can too..aka "tos ay"

and lol at your argument, sure he's a moron but he's not stupid. He's not the "uhhhh what do i do with this block" He is brutal and over the top or hot tempered but he isn't stupid. I haven't really read a good reason why he's stupid other then he's a brute...but you can easily see that from the trailers ;)

On a side note: Is Link a God? I've played many Zelda games but i didnt know or think he was a God. Does it say so in the games? i know he's basically a reincarnated Hero with power of the Triforce but not a God. Therefore how can Link; a mortal beat/kill a God? If Kratos a God of War not beat/kill a God.

also who says link is smart??? He doesn't have a strong character so its hard to say If he is smart or not.

Only thing i'm stumped on is if Kratos would be able to use the Master Sword, if not would he be able to find another way?

For Link; he can take on the GOW bosses but he would get murdered from the horrid of enemies. Also about the jumping thing, cant link just use the long shot/ hook shot?

It's Sad when i have to defend a character i dont like and put down a classic character because Fanboys :(

Why do people talk about link as a single person. Every game, excluding a few were different links. Some were kids, some adults, some matured, some were stupid. Which one do we pick?

We are also dealing with a pussy enemy like gannondorf, when he has the power and has the fucking chance to kill link he knocks him over and walks away, and gannondorf is fully aware that link could stop him again. Wait, shouldn't gannondorf be wondering why this guy keeps getting reborn to take him down again and again?

God of War villians however don't mess around. Zeus drove the sword of olympus through kratos, with NO remorse or real incentive. Link would die, period. Kratos has such a resolve that when he dies, he pulls himself out of hadies. Not even death can stop kratos, and were are supposed to believe someone who would at most knock him over or shoot a energy ball at him could hurt him? While kratos would be so brutal, that he would rip gannon apart forever until he finally wills himself to be mortal to finnally die. If gannondorf was immortal that is, which he isn't.

forest-spirit said:
Hey, God of War box says clearly: "Brain sold seperately"
Well, there where some puzzles in GOW but comparing them to what you find in Zelda....lol.

This only tells me you haven't played the God of War games.

naznatips said:

That's not really arrogant or an assumption or whatever you were trying tos ay there with your broken English. I've played God of War. Kratos is very clearly represented as a muscle-headed moron throughout the series cutscenes.

Fixed.

People who insult the puzzles in God of War or think that they're somehow less challenging than the Legend of Zelda's puzzles are showing their ignorance.  There are some hard puzzles in the Legend of Zelda (water temples...) and there are some hard puzzles in God of War (stupid circular maze...).

It's fair to argue that God of War puts more emphasis on fighting than puzzle-solving than Legend of Zelda.  As a result, there is a lot more fighting involved in God of War games while there is a lot more puzzle solving in Legend of Zelda games.  The fact that Legend of Zelda games are roughly 2-4 times as long as God of War games also helps cement that.

It's also fair to argue that Kratos isn't represented as a brilliant mind in God of War's cutscenes. But then again, how many LoZ cutscenes portray Link as brilliant anyway?  In fact, Link is hardly portrayed at all in most of the Zelda games as anything more than the sum of his actions.  He's strong because the player fights many monsters.  He's smart because the player solves many puzzles.  He is kind because the player helps people and saves the princess.  He also hates Cuccos (or at least the Link in my games does).  Kratos is more or less the same however the cutscenes don't show that resourceful side of him.

@Words Of Wisdom
I've played through the first one without problems. May have been luck or my brilliant brain, but I didn't find the puzzles to be nearly as challenging as the ones in the Zelda series. For me, God of War was like Prince of Persia with more action and less puzzles.

Haven't played GoW2 though so I can't comment on that one.
GoW didn't impress me much (still a good game) so I never felt the need to buy the sequel. I really prefer the Prince of Persia games (the trilogy, haven't played the new one) and find them many times better than GoW because of the great platforming.
Everything's just a matter of opinion and personal taste though.

forest-spirit said:
@Words Of Wisdom
I've played through the first one without problems. May have been luck or my brilliant brain, but I didn't find the puzzles to be nearly as challenging as the ones in the Zelda series. For me, God of War was like Prince of Persia with more action and less puzzles.

Haven't played GoW2 though so I can't comment on that one.
GoW didn't impress me much (still a good game) so I never felt the need to buy the sequel. I really prefer the Prince of Persia games (the trilogy, haven't played the new one) and find them many times better than GoW because of the great platforming.
Everything's just a matter of opinion and personal taste though.

I've played both God of War games and have yet to find any puzzles in either game challenging. They were so dull I don't remember any of them anymore. Sorry WoW, but I completely disagree that God of War has had any good puzzles.