By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 to make existing wii owners jealous when it gets MOTION CONTROLS!!!!

BHR-3 said:
yeah i agree with you ps3 sales are going to explode even more if it gets motion controls this year

Ok....so where are the casual games to go with these motion controls?

Around the Network

If the PS3 gets motion controls, it will take years for a substantial library of titles to support it (if ever).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The point that you seem to be missing Mr. Serious_frusting is that the Wii comes with a wiimote, is less expensive than the ps3 and caters more to the casual.

Most games catering to any motion control crowd will be heading directly to the wii. Why make a game for an audience when the audience is not guaranteed to be there.

Sony and microsoft could bundle these controllers with their consoles but this is besides the point. The problem is that nintendo has the brand recognition and already has key titles such as wii sports, carnival games and the almighty Wii fit.

The major knockout blow is also the fact that many people who own the Xbox and Playstation do not want this control scheme. This has been reitterated (and struck home hard) by the manufacturers of these consoles.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
BHR-3 said:
yeah i agree with you ps3 sales are going to explode even more if it gets motion controls this year

i belive that they will get announced at E3 as well if that is ps3 does indeed get the motion controls or it could be existing or future Wii 3rd party games ported with some better graphix

Play Me

Serious_frusting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo creates....Sony makes their own version of it and claims they are leading gaming into the future.

then Microsoft copies sony then claims to be superior. Whats you point????

Did you see my response to to Microsoft doing motion sensing as well? It wasn't very good. Anyway, Sony has been copying Nintendo for years and claiming to be at the forefront of technology, when they aren't and haven't been for more than a decade.

Around the Network

If this isn't a joke post I'll loose faith in mankind.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

BHR-3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BHR-3 said:

i belive that they will get announced at E3 as well if that is ps3 does indeed get the motion controls or it could be existing or future Wii 3rd party games ported with some better graphix

Sony would have to copy Nintendo's casual innovation as well just to do it, because they don't have a clue of how to do it themselves.

BHR-3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
BHR-3 said:

i belive that they will get announced at E3 as well if that is ps3 does indeed get the motion controls or it could be existing or future Wii games ported with some better graphix

YEAH BABY!!!! I CAN JUST SEE KAZ HARAI DEMONSTRATING PLAYSTATION SONY SPORTY SPORT!

You can use the motion controls to throw a frisbee, to the little puppy!!!!!.... and whip out your M82 assault rifle and cap that little shit in the head. All of this with 1:1 accuracy.

A Sony style, Nintendo E3 08 reenactment confirmed.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Naum said:
If this isn't a joke post I'll loose faith in mankind.

You mean you still had faith in it anyway?

bobacob said:
The point that you seem to be missing Mr. Serious_frusting is that the Wii comes with a wiimote, is less expensive than the ps3 and caters more to the casual.

Most games catering to any motion control crowd will be heading directly to the wii. Why make a game for an audience when the audience is not guaranteed to be there.

Sony and microsoft could bundle these controllers with their consoles but this is besides the point. The problem is that nintendo has the brand recognition and already has key titles such as wii sports, carnival games and the almighty Wii fit.

The major knockout blow is also the fact that many people who own the Xbox and Playstation do not want this control scheme. This has been reitterated (and struck home hard) by the manufacturers of these consoles.

Exactly! Which is exactly why I bought a PS3 and 360. I don't expect innovation out of them.They will focus on the core audience rather than the casuals.