By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 to make existing wii owners jealous when it gets MOTION CONTROLS!!!!

Serious_frusting said:
So you lot are telling me that you get hyped and almost wet yourselves for a Wii HD but not a HD console having Wii controls lol

you lot are some strange breed of fish man

These have both been stated, but separately, and you answered neither:

1. Where are these Nintendo fanboys who hype WiiHD (I think I am in the minority when I want it by 2011)

2. A PS3 with motion still does not have Nintendo franchises.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
Erm i have seen many of you post say crap like Wii HD FTW. Like when the was a article on vgc and all of the Wii fans led my soriku were like Wii HD is going to be so brill.

and most the hd gamers were like i wouldnt want to see mario's ugly mistache stratched across my screen in hd. Its ugly enough in SD.

I have nothing against mario by the way i think mario games are very fun. i am just stating facts.

I am interested in these threads you speak of. Please post a link so we all may chuckle.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

yeah i agree with you ps3 sales are going to explode even more if it gets motion controls this year

Play Me

if it's true, i will get it when the motion control get stable in the market, look what happened to the ps eye, no one cares about it anymore.

Also, you need a good catalog of games.

Let's see what happen in the future

The PS3 is not getting any updated "wii-like or better" motion controls. They are prototyping controls for the PS4.

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo creates....Sony makes their own version of it and claims they are leading gaming into the future.

then Microsoft copies sony then claims to be superior. Whats you point????

So we are still ignoring that the 360 is rumored to get the same motion control treatment, with HD graphics, lower price, and higher userbase than the PS3

Also, MS had been talking about Wii-like controls before Sony, soooo..... Oh and what exactly has MS copied from Sony lately?  Seems like PSN and Trophies were ripped straight from the MS playbook.

Sales will not explode if it gets motion control this year. I would expect to see software support on par with Eyetoy. This will be an added periferal. In the history of gaming consoles there has not been a single perifereal that made a huge difference in console sales.

Motion control is not Sony's main focus. They are trying to play catchup and that never works for the people who are playing that game. Expect to see all 3 next gen consoles launch with (real) motion control though, which will be a whole different story.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Is the first post supposed to be a satire?

Ehh, I think it'll be mediocre. Nintendo is like one of the only Wii publishers who really gets motion control. The same guys who are top tier on PS3 and 360 are the ones cranking out shovelware on the Wii. I don't think that all of the sudden they'll start cranking out Mario Galaxy quality motion control games just cuz they have access to better graphics tech.

CrashMan said:
Sales will not explode if it gets motion control this year. I would expect to see software support on par with Eyetoy. This will be an added periferal. In the history of gaming consoles there has not been a single perifereal that made a huge difference in console sales.

Motion control is not Sony's main focus. They are trying to play catchup and that never works for the people who are playing that game. Expect to see all 3 next gen consoles launch with (real) motion control though, which will be a whole different story.

Does the Balance Board/Wii Fit count?