By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 to make existing wii owners jealous when it gets MOTION CONTROLS!!!!

famousringo said:
Why would I be jealous? I've had motion controls for two years now. So has the PS3, it's just that Sony's ancient controller design sucks for everything except maybe tilt control. More pixels and a library reluctantly embracing motion controls are no reasons for me to get a PS3.

If the (unlikely) rumours are true, welcome to the party.

i see what you are saying but if say all the sports game like tennis all come out with superior graphics and motion controls, then the ps3 gets some party games like the wii. if i was a wii only owner i would feel a lil bit jealous deffo if the Wii has to share its 3rd party support with the ps3.

resulting in the Wii geting the inferior version of the game as it might be a port of the ps3 version

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Serious_frusting said:

Now that the ps3 is going to be getting motion controls according to some sources. How does it make you feel. 1

I mean the PS3 once it gets its motion controls is going to be the most superior console on the market in every way. I just wanted to ask how that makes Wii gamers feel because they always say gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>graphics, but now the ps3 is going to be having the best gameplay and graphics if the rumors are true then whats to stop them from buying the ps3 now? 2

Apart from the price because it has to come down sometime. If i was a Wii only owner i would be happy that i get to buy a console that is like in sony's own words the Wii on steriods. Also do you think that this statement that sony made is a hint about the ps3 getting motion controls soon? 3

Befor everyone says oh but all the HD fans said motion controls is a gimik whatever. Well all i have to say is no it is not a gimik its that the type of games that use it on the Wii are gimiky. or however you spell it really couldnt care less. So know that sony is making motion controls cool is everyone happy? angry? Jealous (existing wii owners) 4

And dont point out the obvious like superior in every way aprt from market share because we are gamer and as gamers we care about games. We cant play maket share!!!!!!!

thanks for reading

discuss.....

1) A wide variety of things spring to mind. In order

a) I'll believe it when I see it on store shelves

b) hey cool, if true that means that I can play with my prefered control system on my friend's PS3, and if I ever get around to getting one it's a bonus for me

c) I wonder how they are going to pull this off. Bringing it in halfway through a generation, they are going to have to either convince all devs to make games that support it, and take full advantage of it, or convince all PS3 owners to buy a couple of motion controllers. Completing one of these will likely make the other occur, but it is hard to make one occur without the other already having occured.

d) Haha, sucks to be all those people who derided all motion control as waggle.

2)

The Wii is my prefered console not because of motion control, but because of game library. Just because the console uses a motion controller, doesn't magically make every game as much fun to play as Galaxy.

3)

If the price drops enough and I have enough time, then I shall probably get a PS3. Although I'll probably buy a DS first, and the massive backlog of Wii games I want to play.

4) haha, that is not what a lot of people were saying, and infact a lot of PS3 owners have recently gone on record saying they wouldn't buy the PS4 if it had motion controls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=69654

As for an emotion - Curious.

Aww man, I'm SOOOO jealous! I wish I could pay $500+ bucks for a system with motion control, that'd be so awesome. (PS3 + Motion Controllers + A game that uses them).

My Wii, that I enjoy tremendously, will be so inadequate once that combo of expensiveness comes out.

OMG your joking right Hahahahahahaha

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

And lets just ignore that the 360 is rumored to get the same motion control treatment, with HD graphics, lower price, and higher userbase than the PS3

Around the Network

So you lot are telling me that you get hyped and almost wet yourselves for a Wii HD but not a HD console having Wii controls lol

you lot are some strange breed of fish man

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

By and large, add-on controls have not had a successful history of having games developed for their use.

On the Wii, there are only a handful of balance board games -- and Wii Fit (which provides the balance board peripheral) has sold almost as many units as the PS3 (and more in Japan).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

ummm

Serious_frusting said:

Now that the ps3 is going to be getting motion controls according to some sources. How does it make you feel.

I mean the PS3 once it gets its motion controls is going to be the most superior console on the market in every way. I just wanted to ask how that makes Wii gamers feel because they always say gameplay>>>>>>>>>>>graphics, but now the ps3 is going to be having the best gameplay and graphics if the rumors are true then whats to stop them from buying the ps3 now?

Apart from the price because it has to come down sometime. If i was a Wii only owner i would be happy that i get to buy a console that is like in sony's own words the Wii on steriods. Also do you think that this statement that sony made is a hint about the ps3 getting motion controls soon?

Befor everyone says oh but all the HD fans said motion controls is a gimik whatever. Well all i have to say is no it is not a gimik its that the type of games that use it on the Wii are gimiky. or however you spell it really couldnt care less. So know that sony is making motion controls cool is everyone happy? angry? Jealous (existing wii owners)

And dont point out the obvious like superior in every way aprt from market share because we are gamer and as gamers we care about games. We cant play maket share!!!!!!!

thanks for reading

discuss.....

Copying Nintendo doesn't make a company Superior. Gathering their existing installed base is what you must be able to do, which Sony cannot do (Especially without Kutaragi). Sony doesn't know (or care) how to appeal to everyone like Nintendo does.

I'll be jealous when Mario Galaxy and Kart are released in HD on the PS3.

Oh wait.....

Anyways, their is already a system that has better graphics than PS3/360, Blu-ray, the best online, a range of controllers and can use the wii mote and no doubt M+ at a later date.

PC FTW

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!