By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Red Steel 2 Trailer!

Mr Khan said:
palancas7 said:

Update: Ubisoft has told CVG that this is a pre-production trailer, was for "internal use only" and was never intended for a general release. It couldn't make any further comments over the content of the trailer, including the mention of its "Destination PlayStation" event at the start but, as we said below, we doubt PS3 owners have any surprises in store.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214243

What does that mean, it wasn't real-time?

Most likely an unfinished trailer, or has content that may or may not include things that will be in the final product, say they want to take out gunplay for whatever reason and have nothing but sword fighting, they could use that trailer as a basic template for what they want to show off at... oh say E3.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
palancas7 said:

Update: Ubisoft has told CVG that this is a pre-production trailer, was for "internal use only" and was never intended for a general release. It couldn't make any further comments over the content of the trailer, including the mention of its "Destination PlayStation" event at the start but, as we said below, we doubt PS3 owners have any surprises in store.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=214243

That probably just means it's a rough cut of their E3 trailer. I doubt the final version will have any in-engine footage either. Almost all E3 content is pre-rendered and scripted.

Still, I'm happy with the character and environment designs.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

I had tons of fun w/ Red Steel 1 -- for whatever reason I had no problem handling the game and thought it was more better than dual analog. So with actual DEV time I have decently high hopes for RS2

I don't buy swordfighting games with no blood or gore. No matter how realistic the controls are, it will be not realistic at all...

^ Because have blood splatter cover the walls is realistic?

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
I don't buy swordfighting games with no blood or gore. No matter how realistic the controls are, it will be not realistic at all...

Glad to see you have your priorities in order.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

I wonder if Samus Aran has actually lasted this long without playing a single Zelda, hack 'n' slash game, or an RPG.

Why is it that everyone drools over the Conduit's looks, but says that the graphics for Red Steel 2 aren't possible?

Also, that is exactly what Wii Motion Plus is supposed to achieve so I am convinced that's how the swordplay will work. The only complaints that I've heard about Wii Motion Plus is that it can be too accurate. Why this is a complaint, I have no idea.

Too bad there's no multiplayer though. I believe that this is a missed opportunity. The possibility of having a swordfight with a friend would sell this game more.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:

Why is it that everyone drools over the Conduit's looks, but says that the graphics for Red Steel 2 aren't possible?

Also, that is exactly what Wii Motion Plus is supposed to achieve so I am convinced that's how the swordplay will work. The only complaints that I've heard about Wii Motion Plus is that it can be too accurate. Why this is a complaint, I have no idea.

Too bad there's no multiplayer though. I believe that this is a missed opportunity. The possibility of having a swordfight with a friend would sell this game more.

That is the thing I've demanded since I saw the Wii remote, then when I saw that it wasn't exactly 1:1 I knew it could still be done much like Star Wars TFU tried but it lacked online, now we have 1:1 and really needs some multiplayer to show what it can be like.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I wonder if Samus Aran has actually lasted this long without playing a single Zelda, hack 'n' slash game, or an RPG.

I HATE rpg games and I have never played a single zelda... Even though I own a lot of zelda games. Just a collecter edition I got when I bought my gc. Never played it. Hack n slash games actually do have gore and blood. Atleast the ones I've played, but they're not a game genre I like if that's what u ask.

Anyway I never said a game needs gore and blood, I said by looking at this trailer that this game needs it. Looks akward. I won't buy it anyway and I don't understand the hype for it. They could have atleast pulled of a star wars excuse to not have blood or something.