By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trophies and how they underachieve

Wow. Pretty rediculous some of "points" he makes. While I whole-heartedly agree that the loading time when syncing acounts and the extra effort to navigate to the trophies section onthe xmb is a pain (although a very minor one) a lot of the other complaints are pretty absurd. Bronze trophies are awful because they show other people the only trophies you get are easy to get but you can hide this fact by playing a lot of games and accumulating a lot 5g's so it's great. Well, if he cares so much about gamerscore/trophies he should just try not sucking at games and it will be fine. I think both are great but I care more about trophies because a few reasons. Looking at a person's trophy list you can learn how many games he's completed 100% so you can see if he's a completeist or just gets a lot of bronze trophies by playing a lot of games but very few all the way through. If someone has played only a few games but have mastered them all, which means more to me then someone with the same score who have played many but mastered none. Also, I care about my level more then my gamerscore. To me, gamerscore is like XP with no level to reach. When playing WOW, do people care about there XP or their level? Their level! XP is only a stepping stone to get to that all important next level, and to me this is something that is really missing from gamerscore. Gamerscore is like XP with no real goal to reach. I'm more inclined to work hard for those few more trophies to reach that next level then to just get a few extra points.

PS3 Trophies

Around the Network

i wouldn't expect a moderator to post such trollish content but when the said moderator is Twestern it's somewhat understandable.

OT : I stilll like Trophies , and what ?

@kill
that doesn't exist.
Those pics are from when update 2.4 came out, they were just placeholders to show what it would look like.

The only thing that I don't like is the load time [Which has been improved atleast once as far as I can tell and so far I'm good with the current speed] and the lack of an easy way to just see the trophy level and precentage. Hopefully in an update a persons trophy level and precentage can be right under the name like the way it works with the game you're currently playing.

Other than that, there's nothing that I dislike about the Trophy system. Works just fine for me.

4 ≈ One

If you don't like trophies don't use them, simple as. No idea why folks queue up to ridicule it. Trophies was merely fanservice from Sony, be thankful you even got it to begin it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

No. :(

Had my hopes of a space simulation game up, haha...

Thanks for the info, axum and prof. :)

piratikkio said:
i prefer trophies.

of course you do.

Personally i didnt really care about any of them.
and my sig shows that xD.
it looks old, maybe i will try to get a trophy just to change the picture.

There are *some* valid points in that article, but I believe trophies have a better identity than achievement points. Arguing that trophies aren't as "personal" as achievements makes little sense since it's even more difficult to figure out a gamer's "skill" when looking at a set of numbers rather than specific categories of items.

I actually think that if anyone completely agrees with this article, that person would find it hard to avoid being branded as a hypocrite.

@killzoned

Yeah, technically those were supposed to be placeholder trophies for Super Stardust.

Anyhow, I would love a space sim too. There must be something someone hasn't thought of in space. It has so much potential. Like Gods fighting in space or something.
Space is magical, and nobody really capitalizes off of it. Freespace was a great attempt though. Nice pirate starfighter approach.

EDIT: no axum, you said it best :P