By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trophies and how they underachieve

lol, you can tell this guy is just making up stupid stuff to aid his argument, for example:

"Even the visual aspect of Trophies are unappealing. The "Achievement Unlocked" image has become almost iconic this generation, with its distinct sound and look becoming a welcome occurrence during the course of any 360 game. Sony's small, whimpering little gray box that announces, in tiny text, that "You've earned a Trophy" brings with it all the fanfare of an old lady's wet fart."

w...t....f.....they are the exact f*cking same, "small, whimpering little gray box", lol, what the hell is that? ok, sure, if you really feel like the grey oval with a touch of green achievement gives you infinitely more satisfaction then a gray box trophy....

Around the Network

With that said, the 360 achievement logo thingy does look very nice.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I'm sorry but I don't see a Trophies mag at my store that says on the front " how to get 20 trophies in 30 minutes."

Now they do have one for Achievements like "Get 1000 Achievements points in 24 hours" How do you get 1000 in 24 hours? Easy use exploits like create a character for a sports game and brake a scoring record and do this and that with him ect, then play this game and do this.

Most of the Achievements in games are exploits to get them easier and faster not for the skills for playing in game. This book had 20 games with 18000 Achievement points or something like that.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

I agree with the guy.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

i am sure the loading time issue will be resolved with the future system updates

but in term of the overall design for the trophy/achievement, i do believe trophy is better

"platinum" trophy is the best thing ever happened to the era of achievement/trophy system for consoles (maybe handhelds in the future, sony will be foolish not to implement it on PSP)

that's the incentive for sony as a later comer. too late for either companies to make any significant changes

when i look at my friends' trophy list, the first thing i check is how many platinum trophies he/she has gotten

when i earn my platinum trophy, i feel truly rewarded, and that's the most important thing

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
axumblade said:

I give it 5 minutes before someone accuses you of hating the PS3 again...

OT Edit: of course achievements are going to be praised and Trophies aren't. Achievements were an original x-box 360 feature (for consoles at least, or to my knowledge it is the first console with that form of reward system). It's better to have trophies then nothing though for PS3 only owners. Plus, it gives the PS3 owner a reason to buy more games. If a friend is above your score, you simply go out and buy another game to get back ahead of them. >:D

I guess it would of been the second reply... and instead it was the third.

Thanks to you!

Either way... I think i agree too.  I mean i don't give a damn about gamerscores... but at least a score is simplier then tropies.

theprof00 said:
Look at the editors face. That is the face of a snide fanboy I tell you what.

You having a bad couple weeks or something.  You've been acting like an very angry person lately.

I'm not angry that's just my style.

It's obvious who this editor is kasz.

@your previous post.
It isn't simpler, it's less detailed

theprof00 said:

of course you do (agree that is)

this article was ridiculous.
Bronze trophies feel worthless but 5G is important?
There is no loading on dashboard?
"acheivement unlocked" sounds better than "You earned a trophy"?

This is the lame rantings of a fanboy through and through.

"you have to navigate to the trophy section?"

- you mean press up?

What's wrong with the divisions? At least with platinums/gold/silver/bronze you can tell how good someone is or what they are capable of. A gamerscore could be nothing more than 1000 bronze trophies.

Post of the day. I agree with everything here. I alo like the rpg like leveling up of the ps3's trophies

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

^ yeah, what's easier to say I have 12,965GS or I am level 11?

Plus, Sony has said before that they want to do something more with trophies, like DLC or some other bonus perk.