By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trophies and how they underachieve

Bleh. The only point of seperation I see is that Achievements were fully integrated at the 360's launch. I actually like the trophy set-up more though.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
bbsin said

I actually think that if anyone completely agrees with this article, that person would find it hard to avoid being branded as a hypocrite.

Please tell me how I'm a hypocrite

theprof00 said:

of course you do (agree that is)

this article was ridiculous.
Bronze trophies feel worthless but 5G is important?
There is no loading on dashboard?
"acheivement unlocked" sounds better than "You earned a trophy"?

This is the lame rantings of a fanboy through and through.

"you have to navigate to the trophy section?"

- you mean press up?

What's wrong with the divisions? At least with platinums/gold/silver/bronze you can tell how good someone is or what they are capable of. A gamerscore could be nothing more than 1000 bronze trophies.

This

twesterm said:
bbsin said

I actually think that if anyone completely agrees with this article, that person would find it hard to avoid being branded as a hypocrite.

I think west needs a vacation ~_0

Spoiler: They are the same thing that's why.

theprof00 said:
twesterm said:
bbsin said

I think west needs a vacation ~_0

Spoiler: They are the same thing that's why.

You call them the same thing and that's fine with me, but to me they are very different.

So again, how am I a hypocrite?  Would I be a hypocrite if I despite Diet Coke but like Coca-Cola?  What about if liked Coca-Cola but hated Pepsi?

Around the Network

ther article seems to dwell more on the superiority of xbox live versus the psn. Which, tbo, I agree with pretty much every point. However, the author really didn't give any valid reasons why achievements are better than trophies. He is merely just presenting his opinions as facts, which they aren't. I tend to think of them as pretty equal myself.

lmfao look at some of these replies...

If only I had time to go back and find threads were people said "trophies / achievements don't matter" but yet make a fuss if shit is said about them...

Achievements are better then Trophies in many ways.. and the article points out every single reason why..

I see no problem in the article...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

@twest
I think that is the point he's making. Not many people are going to say that the two are that much different or that somehow one is inferior to the other. You're ruminating.

@Rol
Some trophies require you to kill 10k people online. That's roughly the equivalent of 500 MKwii races. And placing at least in the top 4. A lot of them are just for fun, kind of like those messages people put in youtube videos.
Although, you've stumbled upon a hurdle of the achievements. The 5G will contribute to your total score whereas trophy system treats it like the filthy bronze that it is.

So much fail in one article... i didn't know it was possible.

sega4life said:

Achievements are better then Trophies in many ways.. and the article points out every single reason why..

De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum.