By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Trophies and how they underachieve

colonelstubbs said:
Firstly, twesterm, only you would post this.

Secondly, trophies were only just coming into play when i swapped my ps3 for a 360 so i cant really comment on trophies but this guy makes achievements sound better than sex, when....they arent

I think you missed this part

Around the Network

Trophies just came out not long, my god. When it comes to finding stupid things to complain about, jesus.

His next article should compare the browsers on each console.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Some of the points he made are true like loading times, and some are just subjective and others are just stupid.

So when the 360 accounts for achievements as accumalated points as GS it's good, but when ps3 accounts for your points as trophies distributed according to thier difficulty it's bad, and when it also accounts for them as accumalated points in form of level it's also bad.

This guy just plain hates the ps3

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

I have just gotten into this achievement thing over the last few weeks.
I have to say it is adding my playtime to my games OK.
I cant really comment on trophies but I think MS are on to a good thing with there achievement,s.

BTW I am ahead of you Twesterm on the VGC league.

The only valid complainment he has is synchronizing thing.

Rest is rediculus and sounds like something little Johny x-bot would write instead of proffesional journalist of respectable portal.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
The only valid complainment he has is synchronizing thing.

Rest is rediculus and sounds like something little Johny x-bot would write instead of proffesional journalist of respectable portal.

Especially the line, "One of the few good things Microsoft did for the games industry was introduce the concept of Achievements." Notice the emphasis on "few." What an Xbot!

This article is fuckin stupid...i love the way he thinks hes proving something

@ Zizzla - XCELLENT SIG GIF THING

I just played Tetris Evolution on my 360. I probably got 4-5 achievements but, for some reason the "Achievement Unlocked" notification didn't pop up. I got the points, but it felt hollow. I NEED to hear that "ploop" sound!!

Until PS3 Trophies sound like "Ploop!" instead of "Ching!", I will not accept them. I'm actually 100% serious!

Xxain said:
This article is fuckin stupid...i love the way he thinks hes proving something

@ Zizzla - XCELLENT SIG GIF THING

Thank you!

WAIT.

What is that game with the 'Star' trophies? Pictures 2 and 4. Anyone know?