By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Betting Thread (Ban bets, Avatars, Signatures, etc.)

Hold up, fellas. These are supposed to be friendly bets. A lifetime ban isn't very friendly. Couldn't you lessen it a bit? Just take like maybe a month ban, change avatar, change signature, and maybe have Naznatips make a banner that said you got pwned lol

How's that sound? I don't think lifetime bans should be permitted.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Harvey Birdman said:
Neos said:
Harvey Birdman said:
I've seen it, but he's not online.

hahaha o yea im so in, ive got soo much info to back this up, you dont even WANT to know!

Yes, the bet is on my friend!

I hope his information doesn't come from Fishie.

no it comes from a very secret blog..

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Dolla Dolla said:
Hold up, fellas. These are supposed to be friendly bets. A lifetime ban isn't very friendly. Couldn't you lessen it a bit? Just take like maybe a month ban, change avatar, change signature, and maybe have Naznatips make a banner that said you got pwned lol

How's that sound? I don't think lifetime bans should be permitted.

I have to agree with you.  It is really sucky if you get a lifetime ban.

Haha yeah these are fun bets. Remember don't do anything particularly horrible to the person who loses either in their avatars. No naked old men or anything. For example I'm probably going to be making leo-j use a My Little Pony avatar.

scotland yard said:
outlawauron said:
scotland yard said:
roadkillers said:
scotland yard said:
outlawauron said:
I'd bet that Eternal Sonata sells better on PS3 WW then 360.

Also, that Ratchet and Clank will sell a million WW before the end of the year.

The end of the year, as in 2007 calendar year? I'd take that bet. What terms?

Scotland Yard: I'll make the same exact bet. Me and you and maybe Outlawauron if he is serious about that bet. I think Ratchet and Clank will sell more then a million world Wide before the end of the year. If you wanna make the bet with me just say your terms. This is just to much of a promising bet to pass up. If Outlawuaron wants in he can say so but I have to bet on this one. Terms if you want to join with me.

Sure. How about 1 month avatar of choice, then?

Sounds good. 1 month of avatar of choice. (2 weeks of my choice and 2 weeks of your choice roadkillers? Unless we can come to a consensus choice. Yes. Im in. Scotland Yard and Roadkillers are in.

Cheers, that's fine with me.

Yup sure no problem. Lets see who wins.

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

Around the Network

OK, one week ban and winner picks the avatar. Avatar stays for a month.

I'll take the case!!!

I bet that the PSP will pass the 30 million mark worldwide before March 31 , 2008 ... I like to play safe :P Winner chooses loosers avatar for 2 weeks , and can put a small poem in their sigs for the same ammount of time :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

naznatips said:
konnichiwa said:
naznatips said:

And Michael Prachter is a market analyst. He and along with hundreds of others predicted an early failure for the Wii and PS3 domination out of the gate. He is still predicting PS3 domination, he just keeps pushing it back. It begins in 2007...8...9. Sorry but I don't see how being a small business salesman counts as a pedigree for video game market analysis.

Did you saw the thread where Michael Patcher said "one year ago' that 2007 will be an excellent year for Nintendo?

Where did Michael Patcher said what you posted?

I've seen the thread, but I've never been able to find any record of him saying that. He claims that he said that now. He's always predicted the PS3 would win and the Wii would do poorly. Although he's stopped saying the Wii would do poorly and now started saying it would do "okay." As far as him constantly adjusting the timeframe, you can see that from just watching his gametrailers interviews.

As far as Birdman's bet, I'm not sure about MGS4 still so I'm not going to take it. I'd say I've already been pretty successful in these bets since I have lured both leo-j and ssj into bets that they at this point cannot possibly win (even if they haven't been resolved yet). A smart gambler bets on only a sure thing.

Patcher said the Wii would win this year in the bonus round, can be found in the retrospective

I have a bet: The PS3 outsells the 360 total WW in November and December 08. Any takers?

OK , lets make it interesting : PSP reaches 29 million sold untill January 1 2008 . The terms are the same as above :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!