By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Betting Thread (Ban bets, Avatars, Signatures, etc.)

OK ... here I go , I really want a PSP bet : the PSP will pass the 7.5 million mark in Japan untill Jan. 1 08 ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
Just_Ben said:
kirby007 said:

smash bros brawl will reach 3,5 million in three weeks WW.

anyone

Whats the wager?

The winner chooses the other's avatar to be used for three weeks (offensive, no common sense).

If we agree that no ban worthy avatar is choosen and we go down to two weeks, I'm in.

grandmaster192 said:
NJ5 said:

I bet "Others" PS3 sales will be 80k at most for this week. The winner chooses the other's avatar to be used for a week (nothing offensive, use common sense).

Any takers?

Dude, 80k is ALOT! I don't even expect it do that much over 60k, and I'm a PS3 fan.

Well I've seen some people predicting more than 100k, I just wanted to see if they had the guts. 80k is a 150% increase in sales... The price cut in USA increased sales by 134%, but this move is potentially bigger if you believe that the 40 GB model will move units! It's 33% cheaper than the previously available model.

I, of course, don't believe the 40 GB model will sell for now (see sig for the reason). And apparently no one had the guts to bet me, so I guess they don't have much faith in it either...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
grandmaster192 said:
NJ5 said:

I bet "Others" PS3 sales will be 80k at most for this week. The winner chooses the other's avatar to be used for a week (nothing offensive, use common sense).

Any takers?

Dude, 80k is ALOT! I don't even expect it do that much over 60k, and I'm a PS3 fan.

Well I've seen some people predicting more than 100k, I just wanted to see if they had the guts. 80k is a 150% increase in sales... The price cut in USA increased sales by 134%, but this move is potentially bigger if you believe that the 40 GB model will move units! It's 33% cheaper than the previously available model.

I, of course, don't believe the 40 GB model will sell for now (see sig for the reason). And apparently no one had the guts to bet me, so I guess they don't have much faith in it either...

But its only a half week. And there is not so much "Word on the street", the announcmet was to fast. You are talking about beating the Wii (big time). It would take a 55k bet. Or a bet that in this year the PS3 will not be outsold by the 360 in others. Not one single week! (From this week on) :o)

Well, the Wii has done much more than 80k on normal weeks.

At least in UK and France the new model is already selling and the starter pack already sells for 500 €, so it's 5 days of the week in some (big) countries and 4 days in some other ones.

Considering I've seen people saying the 40 GB model would sell out, 80k must sound like taking candy from a kid to those people, so I called the bluff!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Leo-J might be crazy enough to bet you, NJ5.

Just_Ben said:
kirby007 said:
Just_Ben said:
kirby007 said:

anyone

Whats the wager?

The winner chooses the other's avatar to be used for three weeks (offensive, no common sense).

If we agree that no ban worthy avatar is choosen and we go down to two weeks, I'm in.

deal

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:
Just_Ben said:
kirby007 said:
Just_Ben said:
kirby007 said:

anyone

Whats the wager?

deal

Nice :o)

Kirby, I knew it! I knew It. Brawl is delayed until next year! :o)

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=8344

won 't matter that much ( i hope )

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.