By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Betting Thread (Ban bets, Avatars, Signatures, etc.)

This seems like a cool thread.

I will bet a one week ban that MGS4 will sell 1 million copies, not in 1 day, but in a week and a half.

Around the Network
Famine said:

This seems like a cool thread.

I will bet a one week ban that MGS4 will sell 1 million copies, not in 1 day, but in a week and a half.

how would you know the sales of the 1/2th week? That's impossible.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Neos said:

Gaming sites should be able to report MGS4 crossing 1 million, just like they have done with previous other games.

Famine said:
Neos said:

Gaming sites should be able to report MGS4 crossing 1 million, just like they have done with previous other games.

Also, you should specify the region you are refering to, either americas/jp or WW

leo-j said:
I BAN BET with BENKENOBI

Wii will not outsell either Xbox 360 or ps3 in WW sales total for the month of march.

You better hope that Mario Kart doesn't come out in march

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Neos said:

Also, you should specify the region you are refering to, either americas/jp or WW

Highly doubtful that they will release simultaneously worldwide, but if they do, then I would say it will take 3 days to cross 1 million.

The region it launches first, I expect 1 million in 11 days.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
leo-j said:
I BAN BET with BENKENOBI

Wii will not outsell either Xbox 360 or ps3 in WW sales total for the month of march.

You better hope that Mario Kart doesn't come out in march

brawl comes out 2-3 weeks before that, it will happen for sure. (the outselling i mean)

Neos .. i can't seem to find your bet, why would be getting banned for a week? (ie. what were the circumstances of the bet?)

tabsina said:
Neos .. i can't seem to find your bet, why would be getting banned for a week? (ie. what were the circumstances of the bet?)

Wii would outsell X360 at the end of 07 in NA. Back then it looked alot brighter. The supply strain hurted alot, just one thing Dolla's forgetting, is that somewhere in this thread (cba to look it up) i said that for the offiicial results we will go by NPD, and those differences are alot smaller, no chance of me winning it, but they're alot smaller.

leo-j said:
I BAN BET with BENKENOBI

hell, I'd even take that bet. Though i'd only want it to be a temp ban. i don't want to get anyone, not even leo-j, banned permanently.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her