By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Betting Thread (Ban bets, Avatars, Signatures, etc.)

Grey Acumen said:
leo-j said:
I BAN BET with BENKENOBI

Wii will not outsell either Xbox 360 or ps3 in WW sales total for the month of march.

hell, I'd even take that bet. Though i'd only want it to be a temp ban. i don't want to get anyone, not even leo-j, banned permanently.

Every ban bet is temporary

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

The Bet: "The DS will have 69 million sold copies by April 1st 2008."

The wager: "Winner chooses the loser sig for 1 month"

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

how about a bet that will come clear in the nearer future?

I'm going to bet that the DS will manage to get 2 million in weekly sales for this week, ending the 24th. If it gets greater than 1.9 million, but doesn't hit 2 million, I'll call it a tie.
Loser has to put a link in the top of their signature that says "I lost a bet to this guy" pointing to the profile page of the winner for a month.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Soriku said:
DS? Sold copies? Haha.

Sigh, sorry... I didn't know how to phrase it. My english isn't that good.

Naw, Grey. I think the DS will reach 2,2 million this week :) 

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

I bet the difference between the PS3 and Xbox360 will only be 4mil by the end of 08
avatar bet...the loser has to have the avatar picked by the winner for 1 month(again nothing ban-worthy)

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

Around the Network

I bet they ban a thread about betting on banning

Grey Acumen said:
how about a bet that will come clear in the nearer future?

I'm going to bet that the DS will manage to get 2 million in weekly sales for this week, ending the 24th. If it gets greater than 1.9 million, but doesn't hit 2 million, I'll call it a tie.
Loser has to put a link in the top of their signature that says "I lost a bet to this guy" pointing to the profile page of the winner for a month.

i'll take the bet

Consoles I own: Dreamcast, PSP

I have another bet, but it's not on the number sold on a system, but rather predicting marketing strategies.

Smash Bros Brawl will be coming out in a few months (hopefully) What I want to bet on is when Smash Bros 64 will be released on VC

The wager is the same as I had for the DS sales just up above: Whoever loses the bet has to add to the top of their signature; "I lost a bet to (insert name of winner here)" with the name of the winner being a hyperlink to the winners profile page. This will be left in their signature for a month.

This one is going to be slightly different though, as I'm willing to put out multiple slots on this bet:
The first slot you can bet on is that Smash Bros 64 will be released earlier than a month before Smash Bros Brawl comes out.
[Grey Acumen's pick] - The second slot is that Smash Bros 64 will be released within the month prior to SSBB's release.
Third slot is within a month after the release of SSBB.
Fourth slot is that Smash Bros 64 will be released later than a month after SSBB, if at all.

So up to 4 people can lay wagers on this, whoever wins will have 3 people pointing to their profile for a month.
My bet is on the second slot. Smash Bros 64 will come to VC in the month prior to when SSBB comes out.
Any takers? Let me know and I'll put your name next to your choice like I did for my own name.

Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

highwaystar101 said:
I bet they ban a thread about betting on banning

If you're talking about this particular thread, I'll take that bet. How about a week ban and a sig change?

We can have this one handled in the next 24 hours We already have admins lined up to enforce these bans.

Woot, I won my first bet. xomaniac accepted and has already made the changes to his sig. Awesome sport.

I still don't have any takers for my bet about when Smash Bros 64 will come to VC compared to when Smash Bros Brawl is released.

anyone?