By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS3 Will Dominate (In 3~5 Years)

Dodece said:
To put this into context he is saying that Sony will win this generation after it is over. How fucking pathetic is that to win after the contest is decided. After the competition has retired their old machines, and replaced them with newer models that are ten times more powerful then your machine. Which your not going to have the decency to put out of its misery.

This guy was always a bad joke, and what a winner of a parting jab at the fan base. Do not worry guys I feel in my heart the PS3 will finally be a winner. Just only when the Wii is so antiquated that it might as well be fossilized, and Microsoft no longer makes software for their own machine, and both companies have released their next console, and are planning its successor.

Sony fans rejoice its logic like this that has botched so much for the PS3 over the past couple years. With his departure it is just one last thing to fuck shit up for all of you. Well at least you will not have to defend as many stupid comments.

Didn't you say you were leaving vgc?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
Rpruett said:
Dodece said:
To put this into context he is saying that Sony will win this generation after it is over. How fucking pathetic is that to win after the contest is decided. After the competition has retired their old machines, and replaced them with newer models that are ten times more powerful then your machine. Which your not going to have the decency to put out of its misery.

Why do people KEEP saying this?   Console generations 'competitions' keep going AS LONG AS THE PRODUCTS REMAIN SOLD.  I mean why wouldn't they?   We don't discount the 360's first year because it was before Wii and PS3.  If Sony were to somehow pull a magical rabbit out of their ass and outsell the Wii by 2012/2014.....They have won the generation.

According to Sony the generation didn't start till they joined it

Although, your point only works if all current gen systems are still being sold alongside the PS3 during that time frame.  What we are all saying is that within 5 years, the Wii and 360 will likely be discontinued so there really isn't any merit in "winning" if the PS3 reaches higher lifetime sales after that point.

No, the point doesn't only work if all the systems are still being sold alongside it.  It works as long as a product is being consumed and purchased on the market.  The only reason these sales matter anyways is for the bottom lines of the respective companies.

I understand that but if the PS3 can still be sold on the market within 5 years and it so happens to fly off the shelves and outsell the 360/Wii.....Why doesn't that count?   Again any money made is going to go towards the games and the system and whatever else.

I'd agree that Sony shouldn't walk around and strut their shoulders if that's how they had to win,  but winning is winning.  Having more sales than your competitor is one of the primary focuses for each company.  Having more sales and getting the format you wanted out on the market?   Double win for them in their eyes.

I'll say this another way.  If someway Sony found a way to forego technology and the PS3 could be scaled to become a 20 year product (And this was some of the initial cost that they put into the product).   And the PS3 sold for the next 20 years?  It would win the console generation because it designed a product with the most actual / market longevity.

forevercloud3000 said:
why do people give Sony so much grief when they are simply doing what they do best.

What will it matter if the other two consoles drop out with their newer models in 3-5 years? It only means that the PS3 can survive this gen as well as going into next gen. At the moment the PS3 is the most powerful gaming console to date. By the time the next Wii and xbox come out they will have more comparable, if not better hardware. This will put the PS3 at a technological disadvantage but a userbase advantage over the competition. Does this not sound familiar to any of you? PS2 vs Gamecube and XBOX much? THe PS3 will have a lower price tag then both next gen consoles and still be comparable, enough for people to start picking it up like the PS2 or Wii.

Sounds like the perfect plan to me. Create a system that can survive two console gens by making it BEFORE it's time. This will assure their 10 year plan as well as keep them profitable.

Great post. I agree 100%

if he is optimist one what can we really spect? ps3 is doomed? in 3 years no one will care

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

nightsurge said:
sega4life said:

but in three to five years it will become dominant on the market,

Lol, sooo.... starting a year after the next Wii and Xbox are released, the PS3 will be the market leader for that set of consoles within 2 more years....   That's really funny.  They really think they can "win" the generation just by selling their console for 4 years after everyone else moves on....

I thought that was the 10year plan?

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network

is this guy stupid? even is a console is still been sold by sony there will be no one publishing games on it because the new gen had started by then, and people will be buying wii2 and 720

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

radha said:
is this guy stupid? even is a console is still been sold by sony there will be no one publishing games on it because the new gen had started by then, and people will be buying wii2 and 720

Take a look at PS2. Then GTFO.

Carl2291 said:
forevercloud3000 said:
why do people give Sony so much grief when they are simply doing what they do best.

What will it matter if the other two consoles drop out with their newer models in 3-5 years? It only means that the PS3 can survive this gen as well as going into next gen. At the moment the PS3 is the most powerful gaming console to date. By the time the next Wii and xbox come out they will have more comparable, if not better hardware. This will put the PS3 at a technological disadvantage but a userbase advantage over the competition. Does this not sound familiar to any of you? PS2 vs Gamecube and XBOX much? THe PS3 will have a lower price tag then both next gen consoles and still be comparable, enough for people to start picking it up like the PS2 or Wii.

Sounds like the perfect plan to me. Create a system that can survive two console gens by making it BEFORE it's time. This will assure their 10 year plan as well as keep them profitable.

Great post. I agree 100%

Thx! At least one other person has some rationality in this thread. ^_^

And I also believe that when the next gen consoles release in the next few years the PS3 might still have a very strong edge on them. If you remember, Sony has sealed off one of the cell processors in the system, that no one knows what it is even for. I am thinking this is a fail safe, to assure their system is not TOO FAR behind the next set. The current gen console makers can barely handle the amount of cells they have access too. They must of thought it best to wait it out to unleash that one.

BluRay and the Cell will keep Playstation ahead.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I don't know that you can call that "winning", but it woudln't be "losing"... they'd have just run out of track before they were done racing.

They will be a dominant (dominant... the correct adjective form of the word!!!)force with a huge installed user base when this gen is no longer relevant. If they do NOT put out a PS4 until late next gen, they COULD in fact call that a victory, because they'd have stuck to a game plan and put a huge gap over their competitors. They'd be able to brag about a Wii-like gap, and PS3 fans could put their Hypocrite Drives into plaid by raving about their market share and dismissing the eight year lead they had on the market.

If nothing else, if this is really their plan, it will make for staggeringly surreal forum conversations.

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E

forevercloud3000 said:
Carl2291 said:
forevercloud3000 said:

Great post. I agree 100%

Thx! At least one other person has some rationality in this thread. ^_^

And I also believe that when the next gen consoles release in the next few years the PS3 might still have a very strong edge on them. If you remember, Sony has sealed off one of the cell processors in the system, that no one knows what it is even for. I am thinking this is a fail safe, to assure their system is not TOO FAR behind the next set. The current gen console makers can barely handle the amount of cells they have access too. They must of thought it best to wait it out to unleash that one.

BluRay and the Cell will keep Playstation ahead.

LOL

Yes, the dreaded "secret weapon extra cell"...  On April 30th, 2014, deep inside Sony HQ, they will hit the button that releases the PS3's FULL potential!!!

MU HAHAHAHAH HA HA HA HA!!!

Believing in the PLAYSTATION®3......IS.......S_A_C_R_I_L_E_G_E