By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PS3 Will Dominate (In 3~5 Years)

Sony: PS3 Will Dominate In 3~5 Years

Is this the year the PS3 takes the top spot? Or is it next year? While the pundits gaze into their crystal balls, soon-to-retire Sony exec David Reeves thinks he's got the answer.

"I don't think it will be next year, but in three to five years it will become dominant on the market," Reeves told industry site GamesIndustry. "The legacy will be that people will see a tortoise and hare situation. In a way, in the end it will be a dead heat. People will say PS3 took a while to get going but it really caught up very quickly and confounded many of the critics from the first year."

So David Reeves thinks that the PS3 will be dominate in 2012 or 2014. Meaning?

Meaning by Reeves most liberal estimate, it could take the PS3 almost eight years to become dominate in the market — leaving the console with a little over two years left in its proposed ten year life-span to rule the roost.

Shame that David Reeves is retiring tomorrow. He has been the gift that keeps on giving.

PS3 to be dominant in 3 - 5 years, says Reeves [GamesImdustry]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

So when other companies are focusing on the next gen including Sony's PS4, the PS3 will be dominating?

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Well if thats true i want to see some mad games!!!!

sega4life said:

So when other companies are focusing on the next gen including Sony's PS4, the PS3 will be dominating?

Yep.

Well, it all hopefully means Sony is going to releases tons of good-great games and even better services and pricing for the remainder of the PS3's life. As a gamer that only benefits me, so be it.

Around the Network

wait, so they are going to wait basically for them to win this gen? thats a pretty god plan actually. when we have the wii 2/ xbox 720, they can easily beat them

Sony's going to layout the biggest guns in 3-5years confirmed.

LOL

Uhm... is he talking about dominating the 360 or both 360 and Wii?

First thing: okay, I can accept that he says that

Second thing: hmmm, someone sure has high expectations.

i think it will happen i also think the things in my sig will happen 2

Play Me