By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Same point in time: PS3 3.5 million sales ahead of X360

No... im not in no dream world, the new Cell chip what they are putting in will reduce the price of making a PS3 by a lot, and within a year SONY will be able to cut the price and even make a Slim model.

Adding the profits from Ads, Software and PS2... maybe PSP (im not sure on PSP) SONY will be out of the red in no time.

Around the Network
Jereel Hunter said:
PS3beats360 said:
So reviewing this thread and see all the comments in here. I conclude by saying PS3 has already beaten the 360 in more ways than one this generation. The writing is already on the war. We are now waiting for the inevitable PS3 will catch up and overtake the Xbox 360 in console sales. The sales rate of PS3 is greater than the sales rate of XBox 360.

PS3 is building momentum and with price cut up its sleeve and a huge list of stellar exclusive games soon to be released on PS3 within the next year. PS3 holds the edge over the XBox 360. I own both PS3 and Xbox 360 but PS3 is marginally better IMO.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Hawk said:
Jereel Hunter said:
PS3beats360 said:
So reviewing this thread and see all the comments in here. I conclude by saying PS3 has already beaten the 360 in more ways than one this generation. The writing is already on the war. We are now waiting for the inevitable PS3 will catch up and overtake the Xbox 360 in console sales. The sales rate of PS3 is greater than the sales rate of XBox 360.

PS3 is building momentum and with price cut up its sleeve and a huge list of stellar exclusive games soon to be released on PS3 within the next year. PS3 holds the edge over the XBox 360. I own both PS3 and Xbox 360 but PS3 is marginally better IMO.

lol! Nice, very nice.

ohh that graph can be played with, some fun facts to be found ohh lala.

Europe is buying PS3s at twice the rate of 360 8.6 to 4.2, while NA is only 11.3 to 8.4 in 360s favor.

I always though 360 is fuked in Europe once GT5 hits but now i believe that even more.

Now think what a price cut would do.

IN retrospect, the PS2 if aligned with the ps360 pulls ahead of the ps3 by a staggering 9 million units.. now you see why sony is feeling the pain

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

owner of : atari 2600, commodore 64, NES,gameboy,atari lynx, genesis, saturn,neogeo,DC,PS2,GC,X360, Wii

5 THINGS I'd like to see before i knock out:

a. a AAA 3D sonic title

b. a nintendo developed game that has a "M rating"

c. redesgined PS controller

d. SEGA back in the console business

e. M$ out of the OS business

Around the Network
arsenicazure said:
IN retrospect, the PS2 if aligned with the ps360 pulls ahead of the ps3 by a staggering 9 million units.. now you see why sony is feeling the pain

YAhh but PS2 was god, nothing will do what that black brick did.

twingo said:
arsenicazure said:

Except Wii, when you align release dates.

Hawk said:
twingo said:
arsenicazure said:

Wii aint taking the same market share nor is it dominating like the brick did.

twingo said:
Hawk said:
twingo said:
arsenicazure said:

It may not be taking as much marketshare but it is dominating more than the PS2 did

twingo said:
Hawk said:
twingo said:
arsenicazure said:

Got it, now it's not straight sales that matter.  It's market share.  So Wii selling more than PS2 at the same point in it's life cycle even though Wii is up against stronger competitors somehow discounts the Wii.