By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Same point in time: PS3 3.5 million sales ahead of X360

So reviewing this thread and see all the comments in here. I conclude by saying PS3 has already beaten the 360 in more ways than one this generation. The writing is already on the war. We are now waiting for the inevitable PS3 will catch up and overtake the Xbox 360 in console sales. The sales rate of PS3 is greater than the sales rate of XBox 360.

PS3 is building momentum and with price cut up its sleeve and a huge list of stellar exclusive games soon to be released on PS3 within the next year. PS3 holds the edge over the XBox 360. I own both PS3 and Xbox 360 but PS3 is marginally better IMO.

Around the Network

yepp ms should be vomiting from fear. Half the price, year headstart, moneyhatting devs, still losing? No bluray, no games no chance in hell 360 wins anything this generation.

After reading the name of the OP I say what he means.

PS3beats360 said:
So reviewing this thread and see all the comments in here. I conclude by saying PS3 has already beaten the 360 in more ways than one this generation. The writing is already on the war. We are now waiting for the inevitable PS3 will catch up and overtake the Xbox 360 in console sales. The sales rate of PS3 is greater than the sales rate of XBox 360.

PS3 is building momentum and with price cut up its sleeve and a huge list of stellar exclusive games soon to be released on PS3 within the next year. PS3 holds the edge over the XBox 360. I own both PS3 and Xbox 360 but PS3 is marginally better IMO.

disolitude said:
I never understood something. Maybe you can explain...

Does one feel good when they have reasons which help justify the fact that ones favourite console is in last place saleswise?

This, and how do we know that the 360 wouldn't have done the same thing if it was released a year later? It probably wouldn't have had all the RROD issues to, but who knows for sure?

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
When two opponents are in a mile race together.
if one gets a 2 lap head start on the other, you cannot pass the finish line boasting about you won :P

The OP is very much relevant to today. People still love to point out that the PS3 is behind the two others without entering in the variables. 360 got a rather large head start, and the Wii is dirt cheap compared to HD and has appealed to a new market. The PS3 is doing fine relatively to those facts, yet the Wii is the true cinderella story this gen so far. PS3 might pull one, but much later in this gen.

I'm sorry, I don't understand people that do this.  PS3 is third place in sales.  There are factors as to why, and you list some.  I'm not sure how your listing the reason they are behind in sales, changes how they are behind in sales.  You are just listing what the competition did right, and how Sony didn't do enough to counter their good decisions.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

forevercloud3000 said:
kowenicki said:
forevercloud3000 said:
When two opponents are in a mile race together.
if one gets a 2 lap head start on the other, you cannot pass the finish line boasting about you won :P

The OP is very much relevant to today. People still love to point out that the PS3 is behind the two others without entering in the variables. 360 got a rather large head start, and the Wii is dirt cheap compared to HD and has appealed to a new market. The PS3 is doing fine relatively to those facts, yet the Wii is the true cinderella story this gen so far. PS3 might pull one, but much later in this gen.

Rubbish, of course you can. 

Its the losers own stupid fault for sitting on the starting line scratching their arse rather than starting to run.

You cant then go to the race stewards and say "waahhh but i ran faster (when I eventually got going).... wahhhhh"

You lost.... thats how a race works.

your theory doesn't work in real life, or the analogy. The race does not start till all the participants are present and in position. MS(in this anology) started running before the gun even was fired. Yet for the entire sprint they are basking in the fact they are a few "FEET" ahead of the competition, with one of the later additions(the Wii) passing them. The PS3 is gaining rather quickly but they are carrying a rather large load to bear as well($600 price tag) which hinders them from just passing the gloat.

::chuckle::  You are so bad at analogies.  Dude, Sony was around.  It's not like the company did not exist, or was not actively working on competing this generation.  Sony was out trying to buy the most expesive pair of shoes to help them in the race still, after the scheduled race began.  And once they finally showed up, they were laps behind.

Carl2291 said:
Yes... the PS3 is above the 360 in alligned.

Xbots dont think this is relevant though. (as i can see from the comments above)

When the price of the PS3 is dropped i expect the 3.5 million lead to be about 1.5-2million then that alligned lead will increase, rapidly.

Makes me laugh how the Xbots think their console is doing really well, despite being half the price of the PS3.

Hehe, again, someone else who thinks that if they say "if it were not for this bad decision of Sony's, then they would be winning" then that will somehow make it less of a bad decision, and somehow make it that Sony is not behind.

Though the PS3 selling faster is significant.  The question is, will it continue selling faster, and will it be enough.  Possibly, we will have to see.  But it doesn't change the current situation.

360 is over 8 million ahead of ps3, that is all that matters,
360 is up year on year, ps3 is DOWN year on year, ps3 is already on it's last legs and looking at the game stores in the uk that seem to put ps3 sections right at the back they too must think the ps3 isn't doing that good,

This thread is an epic fail so well done on making an epic fail thread.......

Hawk said:
Carl2291 said:
Yes... the PS3 is above the 360 in alligned.

Xbots dont think this is relevant though. (as i can see from the comments above)

When the price of the PS3 is dropped i expect the 3.5 million lead to be about 1.5-2million then that alligned lead will increase, rapidly.

Makes me laugh how the Xbots think their console is doing really well, despite being half the price of the PS3.

Hehe, again, someone else who thinks that if they say "if it were not for this bad decision of Sony's, then they would be winning" then that will somehow make it less of a bad decision, and somehow make it that Sony is not behind.

Though the PS3 selling faster is significant.  The question is, will it continue selling faster, and will it be enough.  Possibly, we will have to see.  But it doesn't change the current situation.

So Carl are you living in a dream world where SONY can continue to cut the price of the PS3? Havent they lost enough money?? Dont you want them to make a profit?? Do you want them to go into bankruptcy?

Makes me laugh how SONY fanboys think last place is good. And why does SONY fanboys always like to compare the $200 vs $400?? Its not MS fault they released 3 different consoles for everyones needs. I cant believe SONY fanboys think losing all the profits the PS2 made and coming last is good.

The worst part is how pathetic their argument is. If it was soo good why Havent SONY PR talked about it. Oh yea cause it will make SONY look pathetic.